What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Haha, I forgot Hame. Yeah he would definitely be in the 17. C'mon mate I came up with this on night shift 🤣
There are other players available other then those I've suggested, but these are the positions in my opinion that we need to strengthen.
Sorry, Choker, didn't mean to come across as a smartA! We posters have gotta all stick together and lead the way for the club and the players. Good onya, for trying to assist the club while on night shift. Because the club certainly needs all the help it can get. And as we have seen, season after season, the coaches need help in picking the best 17. Hopefully Flano should be a better at team selections.

I joined the Forum halfway through Mary's terrible 2016 season looking for answers for the ongoing crap. Sadly the search for answers continues. At least some of the posters provide some valuable insights - such a pity I can't say that about the club.

Sorry, Choker, didn't mean to come across as a smartA! We posters have gotta all stick together and lead the way for the club and the players. Good onya, for trying to assist the club while on night shift. Because the club certainly needs all the help it can get. And as we have seen, season after season, the coaches need help in picking the best 17. Hopefully Flano should be a better at team selections.

I joined the Forum halfway through Mary's terrible 2016 season looking for answers for the ongoing crap. Sadly the search for answers continues. At least some of the posters provide some valuable insights - such a pity I can't say that about the club.
Haha, no offence taken Steve 😄

itsme

Juniors
I listed all the possible squad changes in another thread, but you need to factor in the 6 development slots also if you are going to keep a list.. they are just as important imo..

The 2023 dev list is: Josh Coric, Sione Finau, Connor Muhleisen, Jackson Shereb, Alec Tu'itavake, RCouchman

Tui goes into the 30, SFinau into the 30, Coric stays in Dev, Shereb im hoping might get the tap.. I dont see how he fits in with all the young forwards surpassing him. Egan has a 2024 dev spot.. Hamish Stewart I believes has a 2024 dev spot... Muhleisen i dunno what they r gonna do with him.. but there are a bunch of guys we still need to find a spot for.. Herring the big one.. Treigh Stewart.. and possibly Lobb or HFinau.. like decisions need to be made if we want to lock any of them in or leave them available to other clubs.. I sort of feel Flanagan is trying to source higher calibre players first.. and if he cant, he will promote some of these ones.
From what i hear, Lobb to the tigers.

Mjab

Juniors
Meaney would be great. Let’s say Flanno works his magic and Sloan does come good then Meaney can slot into the wings replacing Feagai. But if Sloan doesn’t, Meaney can slot into the fullback position. Either way, it’s a guaranteed starting position for Meaney which is surely more enticing than playing 14 with the Storm.
Sadly I might think playing 14 for the storm , a winning club and culture may be superior to wing at Saints
I think Meaney would be a great pick up though

after seeing Sloan over the last 2 years I have no high hopes of turning him into a quality first grade fullback despite his highlight reel

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno turned guys like Barba, Luke Lewis and Ennis into gran finalists. All 3 great players but at the time were not at their best. Ennis a journeyman, Luke not wanted at Panthers and Barba kicked out due to off field issues. If Flanno can turn these guys around I have no doubt he will do the same with what he has at Saints in Sloan and Amone. I think JDB, Sua, the 2 Couchmans / Molos and Lawrie will make a huge difference next season as I have no doubt that these guys can transform the pack to become a top 8 pack if they play to their potential which Flanno will accomplish.

TheRev

Coach
From what i hear, Lobb to the tigers.
damn.. I mean that explains why we have let him remain uncontracted for so long.. I reckon hes a chance for a well priced corey oates style big body fast enough (he's always the one who catches up in a chase).. does the basics.. even without his goal kicking..

I don't think Sione is any sure thing.. anyway I guess maybe they intend to play Rumble or Roberts or someone next year..

Murfy

Juniors
With the 5 players confirmed leaving: Sullivan, Moga, Jhunt, lui-toso and lobb, does anyone know how many spots in the top 30 we have left? Probably more too be released but haven’t found a new club

BIG RIG

Juniors
With the 5 players confirmed leaving: Sullivan, Moga, Jhunt, lui-toso and lobb, does anyone know how many spots in the top 30 we have left? Probably more too be released but haven’t found a new club
Lobb wasn’t in the Top 30

qld redvee

Juniors
I think we had 26 spots taken for 2024 before flanno let Kerr and bud go and now hunt so 23 ? plus sele and kyle flanagan take us back up to 25 ish .. thats why we need musgrove and BMM and paul turner to pick up deals so we can get a few better players onboard and if flanno has talked to heaps of players we only need a few takers and the house full sign goes up , I really think we need to do a canterbury and keep turning over the fringe players that dont work out

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Update = 27 signed
Hunt B
BMM*
Lawrie
Ramsey**
Molo F
Sele
JDB
Liddle
Bird
Su'a
Feagai Mat
Feagai Max*
Molo M
Ravalawa
Suli
Tamale
Amone***
Turner*
Sloan
Fafita V
Lomax
Musgrove*
Tuitavake
Couchman T
Couchman R
Finau S
Flanagan

*players told they can look elsewhere, but have contract with us for '24.
** Ramsey is unknown but unlikely
*** Pending legal issue

So currently 3 spots if all retained. Dan Russel maybe re-signed, which would the = 28 and no word on Burns as yet.

A lot of water to flow under the bridge before Nov I think, and a lot of hopium around those who have been tapped to move on quickly.

Paddles

Juniors
Happy to keep Russell. He’s a steady player who does his job every-time on the field. Will be a depth guy but can easily plug a gap in FG if needed
There hasn’t been much difference between the output and influence of Russell v Debelin since he’s been in. A couple more dropped balls, a few less sin bins but generally solid.

hewi

Bench
‘Hoping BMM retires.’

Why would he, money for jam . A bit like Sharon Woods better than working for a living.