What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Panthers 17.

Another GF. Amazing. What a club! Whatever happens in the ‘24 decider Penrith Panthers have achieved greatness already. That’s undeniable.

Looking ahead and making some off season discussion. What’s your 17 + 18th man for round 1 - 2025 and most of the season if everyone is fit?

Backs:
Edwards
To’o
Tago
C.McLean
Alamoti

Halves:
Laurie
Cleary

Forwards:
Leota
Kenny
Smith
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Bench:
Talagi
Sorensen
Henry
Papali’i

Patea - 18th

I think the NSW Cup team will be much stronger in 2025 as well. There’s some gems who have had another season of experience ready to rock next year. Depth will be overall better due to being a year older.

Thoughts?

MugaB

Coach
Another GF. Amazing. What a club! Whatever happens in the ‘24 decider Penrith Panthers have achieved greatness already. That’s undeniable.

Looking ahead and making some off season discussion. What’s your 17 + 18th man for round 1 - 2025 and most of the season if everyone is fit?

Backs:
Edwards
To’o
Tago
C.McLean
Alamoti

Halves:
Laurie
Cleary

Forwards:
Leota
Kenny
Smith
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Bench:
Talagi
Sorensen
Henry
Papali’i

Patea - 18th

I think the NSW Cup team will be much stronger in 2025 as well. There’s some gems who have had another season of experience ready to rock next year. Depth will be overall better due to being a year older.

Thoughts?
Sorrenson will always start if fit, expect papail'i to prop of the bench, for a few first games, we didn’t buy him to run an edge, we have garner, Martin, mav and Sorrenson for that

MugaB

Coach
Nope he's not a starter in the backrow and Papali will be ahead of him for the middle
You forget how much ivan loves his 2nd rowers, Ivan pays his backrowers ahead of newbies from another club, he might end up in the middle yes, but paps won't start till atleast round 5-9,

Karnivayne

Juniors
Tago and To'o have one side locked down then theres a battle for the left side, Alamoti is doing well so its going to be a fight with Casey for Centre but theres an opportunity for rotation between Alamoti and the McLeans.

Talagi will probably be starting 5/8 but Cole will offer some competition if he stays fit. Laurie is the back up FB, highly doubt he plays 5/8 unless we have injuries.

Papali'i starts in a Papali'i, Martin and Yeo backrow, with Garner and Sorenson as bench.

Front row of Leota, Smith and Henry on the bench. May need to bring in a forward that can slot in, Patea is an option but will have to see how his off season goes..

Not a bad position to be in..

Crashtest

Juniors
Sorrenson will always start if fit, expect papail'i to prop of the bench, for a few first games, we didn’t buy him to run an edge, we have garner, Martin, mav and Sorrenson for that

Papali’i said in an interview after we signed him that Ivan spoke to him about playing second row. Plus Ivan tried to sign Fifita first, so was trying to add a staring edge player to the roster, then signed Papali’i as soon as they didn’t get Fifita.

So would be surprised if he plays as a middle.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Papali’i said in an interview after we signed him that Ivan spoke to him about playing second row. Plus Ivan tried to sign Fifita first, so was trying to add a staring edge player to the roster, then signed Papali’i as soon as they didn’t get Fifita.

So would be surprised if he plays as a middle.
True but Garner has also gone from strength to strength. We are in a good spot