What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB Listen on the Net

Misty Bee

First Grade
It's the advanced intelligence of computers nowdays. They wont broadcast garbage!

Shame on you for listening to that crap. Even Sharkies fans are supposed to have a brain. Why haven't you?

iggy plop

First Grade
Yeah Tam, I though higher of you. That GB stuff is second rate crap. The only good sporting stuff on that station is Andrew Moore's Sportzone on Sunday nights.

I just admire experts who concentrate on the actual code, not poor quality pub humour and agenda pumping. (like that one?)

Warren Ryan would have to be the most informative league commentator on the radio and he can be funny too. I really enjoy hearing is views on the game.

Noel

Juniors
Unfortunately the ABC broadcast of league is not available on the net as far as I know and is restricted to the states of NSW and Qld. ABCs league site has some good league interviews however.
Try windows media play or real player to pick up 2GBs broadcast. Try emailing 2GB or real player's help line for technical help. You need to be connected at more than 40- 50 thousand BPS to get the radio on your computer.

iggy plop

First Grade
Don't waste yer time listening to 2GB. You'd get more info and discussion on league on one of the morning garden shows than from the 2gb mob.

I only listen to Andrew Moore from 6pm on a sunday night.

iggy plop said:
I only listen to Andrew Moore from 6pm on a sunday night.
It's funny how Andrew Moore's 2 hour"sportsZone" has three times as much league talkback as Rays football program which runs for about 14 hours over the weekend. I suppose that Andrew has to make up for all the tomfoolery that goes on during "Ray Continuous Clown Team".

greeneyed

First Grade
I listened to 2GB one afternoon on a Saturday, and they honestly spoke about WD40 (or some such product, which is a sponsor) for at LEAST two hours. Every call was about the "uses" for the product, more and more ridiculous than the last. This was supposed to be funny. Not one mention of football for hours and hours.... I can't believe this is in the interests of rugby league.

greeneyed

First Grade
Just like I can't believe it is in the interests of rugby league that the "Footy Show" last week did not have ONE segment on the FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iggy plop

First Grade
Yep, the true league fan is really being catered for. It's ok for some people to say "Oh well listen to the ABC", but when you know there were several other stations out there willing to broadcast and promote the game, the deal is one big joke. Just go to Melbourne and see the choice the AFL fan on the radio dial. It's mind-blowing. I always used to like going up and down the dial to find a game or topic that suited me.
The ABC are great, but they don't always concentrate on league - saturdays is AFL and on Sundays they do talk a lot of other sport - I turn to hear what Hadley and co. are doing and some stupid song or WD40 discussion is going on.

We deserve better and the NRL are only filling their pockets with this crappy deal.

greeneyed said:
the "Footy Show" last week did not have ONE segment on the FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its a bit of a joke isn't it? I watch the AFL footy show and I have to admit I am jealous..
* As soon as the show starts u can see all the pasionate supporters waving their club Scarfs in the air
* The first thing Eddie says is "What a big week in football it has been"
* They always have a football player as guest host and preview the weekends matches in DETAIL.
*The AFL Footy Show has Trevor Marmalade with his original and funny jokes/comments..while we're stuck with "beat the boys" and fatty's 6 month old "goone" joke.

The only good thing about the NRL footy show is that they raise money for charity.

Even the Sunday Footy Show is becoming a bit of a joke! For the last few weeks they've been having a laugh while eating chocolates! They only preview one game and don't even talk about the other two games. It's like they can't be bothered and would rather pre-record interviews that arn't as important as the games being palyed in the arvo.

Wild Man From Borneo said:
greeneyed said:
the "Footy Show" last week did not have ONE segment on the FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its a bit of a joke isn't it? I watch the AFL footy show and I have to admit I am jealous..
* As soon as the show starts u can see all the pasionate supporters waving their club Scarfs in the air
* They always have a football player as guest host and preview the weekends matches in DETAIL.
*The AFL Footy Show has Trevor Marmalade with his original and funny jokes/comments..while we're stuck with "beat the boys" and fatty's 6 month old "goone" joke.

The only good thing about the NRL footy show is that they raise money for charity.

Even the Sunday Footy Show is becoming a bit of a joke! For the last few weeks they've been having a laugh while eating chocolates! They only preview one game and don't even talk about the other two games. It's like they can't be bothered and would rather pre-record interviews that arn't as important as the games being palyed in the arvo.

I was fortunate enough to have taped the Footy Show last week rather than sit through it - it meant I could fast forward all the way through the rubbish in about five minutes. I feel sorry for those of you that sat there waiting to hear some footy talk.

Eddie McGuire's version may not be perfect but it can still be called "The Footy Show" without breaching the Trades Descriptions Act.

Once Dead

Bench
greeneyed said:

Wildman, add 'A View from the Hill' on 2SER 107.3FM Saturday's from 11-12 to your radio program list! They deal with the grass roots of the game and have the most comprehensive coverage of PL and Jim Beam Cup that is on the radio today.........

Once Dead

Bench
I also think we should take a certain station to court for false advertising.......when it comes to rugby league the a team which prides itself on a so called continuous call does not have a continuous commentary of rugby league..........maybe it has a continous call of bagging media personalities and silly songs but that ain't footy.........the new motto for a certain "league" show - 'False advertising since 2002'

Southernsaint

Staff member
Impellitteri said:
Wildman, add 'A View from the Hill' on 2SER 107.3FM Saturday's from 11-12 to your radio program list! They deal with the grass roots of the game and have the most comprehensive coverage of PL and Jim Beam Cup that is on the radio today.........

Yeah, I've been listening to Rob Corra's show on 2SER for a few weeks now & love it. Good coverage of all the issues & at all levels of Rugby League. I highly recommend it.

They also have a healthy level of cynicism, which suits me to a tee...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Once Dead

Bench
Southernsaint said:
Impellitteri said:

Yeah, I've been listening to Rob Corra's show on 2SER for a few weeks now & love it. Good coverage of all the issues & at all levels of Rugby League. I highly recommend it.

They also have a healthy level of cynicism, which suits me to a tee...

Cheers,
Ben S.

More league in 1hr than during a quarter of a day on a certain other station i say........take a listen to this show, a real league show

Raider_69

Post Whore
greeneyed said:

i completly agree
the AFL footy show talks footy but still provides some laughs...... although that trevor bloke carrys the show
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once Dead

Bench
REMEMBER TO TUNE IN TO 107.3 2SER FM, SATURDAY this morning from 11am LEAGUE FANS!!!!!!!!!

Jim Beam and PL wrap ups and as much talkback as you can possibly fit in an already packed 1hr show.......and no, there aren't any stupid songs or any counselling calls.....just league..........give it a listen.....More league in one hour than in a quarter of a day on another channel..........

Parraren

Bench
Impellitteri said:
REMEMBER TO TUNE IN TO 107.3 2SER FM, SATURDAY this morning from 11am LEAGUE FANS!!!!!!!!!

Jim Beam and PL wrap ups and as much talkback as you can possibly fit in an already packed 1hr show.......and no, there aren't any stupid songs or any counselling calls.....just league..........give it a listen.....More league in one hour than in a quarter of a day on another channel..........

I'm listening to it now. It sounds like a really good show...