What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Despite the lack of league in the summer show it is very much easier to listen too. I find TK and slats opinions on many league issues frustrating and like a lot of media personalities ignorant of facts and ready to beleive other codes are "taking over"

FlameThrower

Bench
Despite the lack of league in the summer show it is very much easier to listen too. I find TK and slats opinions on many league issues frustrating and like a lot of media personalities ignorant of facts and ready to beleive other codes are "taking over"

Did listen a few years ago......, I generally found TK to be really annoying....

It's OK, I listen to BSB since Adam Spencer gave up his breakfast gig with the ABC.

Slats is a f**king idiot for the most part but he's bearable when he talks cricket and TK is a fence sitter but I guess you can do that when you say you don't have a team you follow.

If they arseholed Slater and replaced him with anyone the show would be better.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I listen occasionally & hear the same callers who really rate themselves but are very boring because of the same limited topics they talk about. Does the show rate at all ? Or does it really struggle & these guys are on because they're the only ones ringing up ?

Mr Saab

Referee
I find the show is more ads than content. Of a 30 min stint say from 7am-730am it would be 8 mins of news, 6 mins of ads.

BSB has more ads than 2GB and would rate about 17 points below Alan Jones show which i find crazy.

Show was much better in 1999 when it was trent and radley.

Delboy

First Grade
Never missed BSB when it was Trent and Radley, seemed to be OK when Freedman was there. Started to listen less when the ultra boring Slats took up residence,haven't listened for probably 6 months.

The current pairing just doesn't work , so tuned out

The Roth

Juniors
Did listen a few years ago......, I generally found TK to be really annoying....

Same. He gets on my tit when he has the bad habit of highlighting certain words when he speaks.

I find the show is more ads than content. Of a 30 min stint say from 7am-730am it would be 8 mins of news, 6 mins of ads.

BSB has more ads than 2GB and would rate about 17 points below Alan Jones show which i find crazy.

The 6 -6.30 timeslot is not much better. last thurday when everybody wanted to ring in over DCE, they had 3 ad breaks and conveniently had on this day segment half and hour earlier to avoid taking more than 2 calls and people who didn't agree with their opinion on the matter.

Slater is only good for cricket. He should be reminded he can be seen on TV, he has the bad habit of constantly checking his phone or tapping his fingers on the table during interviews.

ggmu

Juniors
Never watched it on tv, but the way they talk about the new news reader I might have to tune in at news time to have a look, that's if the show the news on the tv.

Mr Saab

Referee
The 6 -6.30 timeslot is not much better. last thurday when everybody wanted to ring in over DCE, they had 3 ad breaks and conveniently had on this day segment half and hour earlier to avoid taking more than 2 calls and people who didn't agree with their opinion on the matter.

Slater is only good for cricket. He should be reminded he can be seen on TV, he has the bad habit of constantly checking his phone or tapping his fingers on the table during interviews.

Yeah i watch the show sometimes between 630 and 730. Slats sometimes looks completely bored.
Best is when TK tries to engage him by looking at him and Slats is not interested.

Show was much better in 1999 when it was trent and radley.

I know what the biggest investment is when I reno my house now though...

WINDOWS AND DOORS, OF COURSE!

The yak

Juniors
I know what the biggest investment is when I reno my house now though...

WINDOWS AND DOORS, OF COURSE!

They should get some new ads. Every-time I hear that Coco Joy ad or Capital debt solutions ad I just want to pick up the radio and throw it out the window.

They should get some new ads. Every-time I hear that Coco Joy ad or Capital debt solutions ad I just want to pick up the radio and throw it out the window.

Agree RE: windows and doors & capital debt ads.

That Coco Joy ad is the best ad on radio though.

"Wid all da Disney.... and Marvel.... Cha-rack-tas."

Brilliant. :lol:

Mr Bean

Juniors

Agreed only been listening a few weeks and I am already over those ads.

Whats the deal with the Nark? voice is a bit of a put on.

cleary89

Coach
I listen but i dont really know why. I dont really like soccer but dont mind when pascaledies is on. I havent had a bet in a few months but still dont mind listening to tje sports odds. Not a fan of when theh talk about the horses though.

Def know all those adds word for word. You look through them everyday so make sure you dont look past them.

The yak

Juniors
Not a fan of when theh talk about the horses though.

Me neither but its on a horse channel and thats what you got to expect I suppose. I turn it off when they have horse people on. The way Tk carries on you think everyday was Melbourne cup. Thats all he knows.
The thing that irks me though you can be in the middle of a NRL story or other sport interview and TK will interrupt to rave on about a Horse racing story.

Brutus

Referee
I couldn't think of a better radio station for Capital Debt Solutions to advertise on than Sky Sports Radio.

FlameThrower

Bench
Just switched 2KY, big sports breakfast, Sunday version today. It's now with Jimmy and Ray Thomas. From the 15 minutes I caught it's pretty average. Previously at least they set aside the 2 hours to Football. But this Ray guy slips into horse racing stuff at a drop of a hat. I used to listen to it, years ago with Zorba and Hollywood, that was entertaining, even with Zorba's obvious Manly slant! Then there was the jimmy and Stuart Clarke version.... Clarke was annoying, but at least they stuck to Football. But the latest version is terrible, very slow and won't listen again.

Mr Bean

Juniors
Then there was the jimmy and Stuart Clarke version.... Clarke was annoying, but at least they stuck to Football. But the latest version is terrible, very slow and won't listen again.

Oh Yes I agree with that. Last year Clarke argued over everything. The kind of guy that argues over the colour of the grass.
Very annoying.