What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Me neither but its on a horse channel and thats what you got to expect I suppose. I turn it off when they have horse people on. The way Tk carries on you think everyday was Melbourne cup. Thats all he knows.
The thing that irks me though you can be in the middle of a NRL story or other sport interview and TK will interrupt to rave on about a Horse racing story.

The old merkin (Rod Galegos sp?) shits me to tears.

As you say though, it's a horse racing station so not surprising to hear horse racing talk on it. It's usually said and done by the time I'm in the car unless I have an early start so I don't normally have to hear it. It's been a little different this week without the fence sitter. Webster is a bit more upbeat and more willing to share his opinion than TK usually is.

I want to kick the radio in every time I hear Paul merkin on there. The oracle-esque demeanour he brings is completely unfitting and unnecessarily inflates that already huge ego of his. Thank God it's only half an hour.

Brutus

Referee
The old merkin (Rod Galegos sp?) shits me to tears.

As you say though, it's a horse racing station so not surprising to hear horse racing talk on it. It's usually said and done by the time I'm in the car unless I have an early start so I don't normally have to hear it. It's been a little different this week without the fence sitter. Webster is a bit more upbeat and more willing to share his opinion than TK usually is.

f**k off.

Rockin' Rod rocks.

He's a rugby league man as well.

Brutus

Referee
Just switched 2KY, big sports breakfast, Sunday version today. It's now with Jimmy and Ray Thomas. From the 15 minutes I caught it's pretty average. Previously at least they set aside the 2 hours to Football. But this Ray guy slips into horse racing stuff at a drop of a hat. I used to listen to it, years ago with Zorba and Hollywood, that was entertaining, even with Zorba's obvious Manly slant! Then there was the jimmy and Stuart Clarke version.... Clarke was annoying, but at least they stuck to Football. But the latest version is terrible, very slow and won't listen again.

Agreed. I only turn it on when Zorba and Dean Ritchie come on. Not a fan of Ritchie's articles, but his spot on radio is decent enough. Zorba is great and is sorely missed from that show. Zorba and Jimmy would be perfect. Ray Thomas was quoting all sorts of useless historical AFL stats last week. The guy's sporting loves are racing and AFL. He ruins the show.

nomis88

Juniors
Last Sunday I thought this show started at 6am but today it was at 7am. I find it all pretty confusing. Heaps of racing talk again. It used to be a great show in the old days with Hollywood and Zorba. And Clive Galea would ring up every week. I only listen now to hear Zorba and Dean Ritchie but rapidly losing interest.

Last edited:
f**k off.

Rockin' Rod rocks.

He's a rugby league man as well.

I'm not much into the horses, that's why I don't really like listening to him.

But, I do understand that as it is on a racing radio station, so it's obvious they're going to talk about the horse racing.

Blade23

Juniors
Last Sunday I thought this show started at 6am but today it was at 7am. I find it all pretty confusing. Heaps of racing talk again. It used to be a great show in the old days with Hollywood and Zorba. And Clive Galea would ring up every week. I only listen now to hear Zorba and Dean Ritchie but rapidly losing interest.

The weekend show is poo. Ray Thomas is so annoying. I stopped listening to the Sunday show weeks ago.
I know its on a horse racing channel but they have horse shows all day and then repeated. You think they could have one show that didn't involve horse talk. Just a good old sports program on the overnight action and talking points. NRL Cricket, Soccer, Rugby etc.
No wonder The BSB is only attracting 1% of the market share.

Mr Saab

Referee
Agreed Blade23

Sunday BSB is just poor. Smith and Thomas do not bounce off each other like Smith and Stuart Clarke.
Ray Thomas has very limited knowledge apart from racing...and racing is bloody boring.
Hardly anyone calls up to talk about horse racing...it is NRL NRL

Brutus

Referee
The weekend show is poo. Ray Thomas is so annoying. I stopped listening to the Sunday show weeks ago.
I know its on a horse racing channel but they have horse shows all day and then repeated. You think they could have one show that didn't involve horse talk. Just a good old sports program on the overnight action and talking points. NRL Cricket, Soccer, Rugby etc.
No wonder The BSB is only attracting 1% of the market share.

Ray Thomas has such a weak voice.

Some old fart with a high pitched Rhotacism who rings up and annoys 2KY and John Laws in the mornings. Rabbitting on about how Mick Fanning isn't a "hewo" but someone who swam toward him was and he'll make millions off the whole affair...

T'was a quality disjointed rant.

TonyT6

Bench
Some old fart with a high pitched Rhotacism who rings up and annoys 2KY and John Laws in the mornings. Rabbitting on about how Mick Fanning isn't a "hewo" but someone who swam toward him was and he'll make millions off the whole affair...

Yep the Nark, he has become a bit annoying of late but years ago his spray at Mark Waugh was one of the best pieces of radio ever.

Mr Bean

Juniors

Oh yes I remember someone with similar annoying voice ringing up Lawsy. I think he called himself Nelson or Norman. Always negative. But the voice was distinctive. either a put on or someone is holding his nuts when he speaks.

Brutus

Referee
He used to call the BSB under the name Norman until Greg Radley re-named him "The Nark".

chigurh

Yep the Nark, he has become a bit annoying of late but years ago his spray at Mark Waugh was one of the best pieces of radio ever.

I'd love to hear that one.

I remember him going bananas one day talking about how much tax he reckons John Laws should be paying. :lol:

TonyT6

Bench
I'd love to hear that one.

I remember him going bananas one day talking about how much tax he reckons John Laws should be paying. :lol:

It was a love in when Waugh retired, Nark rang up and said "I've never seen someone throw their wicket away like you did." Waugh replied "didn't see you average 44 for Australia mare" Nark then said "you averaged that against Sri Lanka and never made runs when it mattered"....Waugh was filthy

nrlnrl

First Grade
Unfortunately I've been stuck in a car a few times listening to the show & the same old callers ring up at the same time & think they are all experts. They have a right to an opinion, but theses guys can't differentiate between opinion & fact. ( that is just my opinion )