What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Brutus

Referee
Ian Trent was average - an AFL supporter too.

Radley and Freedman

Freedman and TK

TK and Slater.

Parra

Referee
narc his his high point when the BSB had Bob Dwyer on to take calls and they let narc ask him questions.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Narks absolute best moment was when mark Waugh was in the studio taking calls.every call was "you were the best batsmen I've seen" etc.
Well nark rang up and just gave it to him deluxe "you used to throw your wicket away" , "soft dismissals", "only got runs against Sri Lanka" etc etc.
Waugh lost it, as soon as he did nark knew head him and upped the ante.waugh spat it and stopped the rest of his appearance.
Brilliant brilliant radio

IanG

Coach
Surprised The Nark didn't ring John Laws when he came back from holidays. Goes by the name Norman when he does

Tipster

Bench
It is amazing how much the show improves when Jimmy and Stu are on. They work very well together, Jimmy esp comes out of his shell. (Not that TK and slats are that bad btw).

They do a great job on their regular Sunday morning spot.

W.Smith

Juniors
gonna go against the general consensus here coz i cant cop that Clark bloke, just has a Robbo factor for mine and a bit of a wank with that stupid snicker he does

I done mind Jimmy but ive just about brushed the Sunday show now Zorba and Holly have gone and on Sundays now i pretty much only listen to hear Zorbs and Dean Ritchie

on weekdays im a TK fan but float in and out of likiing/disliking Slatts, sometimes i find he sez the dumbest shit going when he talks footy but i quite like his fanboy stuff for Manly tho he gets a little "Robbo" for mine with NSW Origin stuff

Brutus

Referee
gonna go against the general consensus here coz i cant cop that Clark bloke, just has a Robbo factor for mine and a bit of a wank with that stupid snicker he does

I done mind Jimmy but ive just about brushed the Sunday show now Zorba and Holly have gone and on Sundays now i pretty much only listen to hear Zorbs and Dean Ritchie

on weekdays im a TK fan but float in and out of likiing/disliking Slatts, sometimes i find he sez the dumbest shit going when he talks footy but i quite like his fanboy stuff for Manly tho he gets a little "Robbo" for mine with NSW Origin stuff

I agree that the Sunday Sports show isn't as good as it used to be. They have a token AFL interview and a token nuffy sports interview which just ruins the show. They also have that Tanya White bird doing half-hourly sports updates which just repeats the same shit read out on the news on the hour.

Why can't 2KY just have a 2 hour RL show like they used to?? Why have a friggin AFL interview??? Why have a nuffy sports interview on top of the care factor advertorials with the Proud Furniture bloke and the car guy.

They missed the boat by not putting Zorba and Jimmy on together for the full two hours. Clark's ok but he has little idea about RL outside of the Sharks, which I will admit is a club he does follow closely.

I agree that the Zorba and Dean Richie segments are only two worth listening to. The talkback is good, but there's not enough of it.

Brutus

Referee
Sunday morning should be a rugby league show only and this why I'm not a huge fan of Stuart Clark on that show.

In saying that, Clark is perfect for the weekly show and they should punt Slater and put him in.

And while they're at it, punt TK and put Jimmy on full-time.

Peter C

Juniors
Memory is a little hazy re the teams....Brutus might be able to confirm

Ian Trent was on between 1999-2001
Freedman was on between 2001 and 2008
Unsure when TK joined

Radley and Trent were great, but my fav is Peter Peters

Pretty sure TK joined in 2002, when Radley went to 2UE to take over Hadley who went to 2GB.
The program was probably rating at it's highest when Freedman and Radley were on.

Brutus

Referee
The nark has agreed to go sky diving with Slats and it will televised on the footy show.

The nark will be wearing a mask though so he can't be fully identified.

Brutus

Referee
f**k, i don't believe it. The Nark took the plunge and skydived with Slats yesterday. He didn't wear a mask either.

Hopefully they show him on the footy show.

The Nark Unmasked!!!!

Brutus

Referee
Slats said he's close to 50 has 3 kids and overweight.

I can't believe he showed up.

I remember the early days of the BSB when he used to call up as Norman. Radley got sick of him one day and called him a nark. Radley stuck to his guns and called him the Nark from then on.

Has Shane that big mouth tool from Mt Druitt been on lately as both his teams are going crap?

Melbourne's lost 5 in a row and GWS is 1 & 16 for the year.

IanG

Coach
Slats said he's close to 50 has 3 kids and overweight.

I can't believe he showed up.

I remember the early days of the BSB when he used to call up as Norman. Radley got sick of him one day and called him a nark. Radley stuck to his guns and called him the Nark from then on.

Yeah he;s rung Lawsy before. Probably the only ones he hasn't been barred from