What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2ND ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lord's Jul 18-22, 2013

Very happy with Harris, Starc is just too inconsistent for the longer format. If Harris is fit he should be playing every test IMO.

Starc needs to work on his control. He's definitely shown glimpses of quality but let's himself down with the new ball which is really the time we need him the most.

Timbo

Staff member
I've always said Harris is our best quick when fit.

Hopefully he doesn't break down.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Personally I would have punted Siddle for Bird as well as Siddle very rarely bowls well in test 2 in Ashes series' matches

simmo1

First Grade
Cowan had to go. Hopefully Khawaja actually does something this time to ensure that he never comes back.

Would have gone Bird instead of Harris.

Cowan had to go. Hopefully Khawaja actually does something this time to ensure that he never comes back.

Would have gone Bird instead of Harris.

Usman needs an extended run.

In his 6 tests he averages 30.

I'm confident with an extended run he can push that up a fair bit.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That's a strange criteria for selection.

With Harris in the team we need siddle's work rate.

It isn't without facts- last ashes series in England Siddle took a 5 for in the 1st test, was awful afterwards...same in Australia...now he took a 5 for in the first test here...I hope he doesn't bowl as bad as he did last time in the 2nd test!

It isn't without facts- last ashes series in England Siddle took a 5 for in the 1st test, was awful afterwards...same in Australia...now he took a 5 for in the first test here...I hope he doesn't bowl as bad as he did last time in the 2nd test!

I'm not doubting your facts.

Just doubting the criteria.

You don't drop someone after taking five wickets in an innings.

Jordan Silk? If you are talking about David Warner it isn't him as the bloke can't hit the ball off the square!:lol:

Warner is great or anything.

But he's better than watson .

At least a Warner innings has the potential to change the game.

How is a guy that's scored two tons in 41 test matches our best opener ?!

Openers score big runs.

I can't wait for the likes of silk to come through so we can punt the pea heart Watson.