What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v England at Gabba Jan 19 2018

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we're a bit all over the place at the moment, our senior players are not making runs and our debutantes are playing like debutantes

its rather obvious that MMarsh struggles against spin, particularly leg spin, he like the ball coming on to the bat

Also I would stick with Carey for the white ball games and leave Paine in the test team, Carey is the future, he certainly is a talent

and bring back Haze ffs

Bazal

Post Whore
I find it somehow ironic how the quoted sentence above lacks a verb.

"I find it SOMEWHAT ironic THAT the quoted sentence lacks a verb"

Somewhat is much more appropriate than somehow. "How" is the improper adverb in this case, it sounds juvenile. The word "above" is redundant and makes the sentence clumsy and overly long. Try and speak concisely and in a more mature manner. D- at this stage, you will need to improve markedly in this regard to pass the course.

ANTiLAG

First Grade

Somewhat is much more appropriate than somehow. "How" is the improper adverb in this case, it sounds juvenile. The word "above" is redundant and makes the sentence clumsy and overly long. Try and speak concisely and in a more mature manner. D- at this stage, you will need to improve markedly in this regard to pass the course.

No I meant 'somehow', not 'somewhat'. Somewhat and somehow mean different things. Somewhat refers to a degree and is quantitative, somehow questions cause. For instance;

Somehow I find it completely and utterly ironic, not just somewhat, when this angry person on the internet posts "Proper English, everyone!" has attempted to write a sentence without a verb.

Now if there was going to be a criticism in good English, it would be the redundancy of the cause being unidentified. For instance;

I find it ironic how the quoted above sentence lacks a verb. Alternatively, how itself can be replaced with the less philosophical "that" as the pondering word "somehow" has been removed already, giving us;

It is ironic that.the quoted above sentence lacks a verb.

However, I took advantage of a commonly used rhetoric literary device to cause as it was a short post anyway and this is a forum, not an academic essay.

Pairing "how" with "somehow" is not juvenile, as "how" is more general, vague and philosophical than "that". It is an accurate use of the word more greatly reveals and emphasises pondering on my part, so I wrote;

I find it somehow ironic how the quoted above sentence lacks a verb. Alternatively, if I was merely being factual and not utilising rhetoric, I would write; It is ironic that.the quoted above sentence lacks a verb. I hope you now appreciate the subtle differences.

Further, "quoted above" is not redundant. It is more specific and precise than merely writing "quoted". And "how" is not an adverb. So when you write ""How" is the improper adverb in this case, it sounds juvenile", your sentence is rather ridiculous.

Now please don't take this the wrong way, but you seem rather angry and unpleasant to me, and I really don't want to continue conversing about grammar with you, so I am asking you yet again to please kindly stop talking to me.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The only two bright spots besides Funch in that game was the two debutants.

Everyone else gave me aids.

How White was dug up from the grave beggars belief and how we didn’t go into the game without a recognised spinner is almost a sackable offence for the f**kstick selectors.

Seriously it shouldn’t be that hard but it always is.

Bazal

Post Whore
No I meant 'somehow', not 'somewhat'. Somewhat and somehow mean different things. Somewhat refers to a degree and is quantitative, somehow questions cause. For instance;

Somehow I find it completely and utterly ironic, not just somewhat, when this angry person on the internet posts "Proper English, everyone!" has attempted to write a sentence without a verb.

Now if there was going to be a criticism in good English, it would be the redundancy of the cause being unidentified. For instance;

I find it ironic how the quoted above sentence lacks a verb. Alternatively, how itself can be replaced with the less philosophical "that" as the pondering word "somehow" has been removed already, giving us;

However, I took advantage of a commonly used rhetoric literary device to cause as it was a short post anyway and this is a forum, not an academic essay.

Pairing "how" with "somehow" is not juvenile, as "how" is more general, vague and philosophical than "that". It is an accurate use of the word more greatly reveals and emphasises pondering on my part, so I wrote;

I find it somehow ironic how the quoted above sentence lacks a verb. Alternatively, if I was merely being factual and not utilising rhetoric, I would write; It is ironic that.the quoted above sentence lacks a verb. I hope you now appreciate the subtle differences.

Further, "quoted above" is not redundant. It is more specific and precise than merely writing "quoted". And "how" is not an adverb. So when you write ""How" is the improper adverb in this case, it sounds juvenile", your sentence is rather ridiculous.

Now please don't take this the wrong way, but you seem rather angry and unpleasant to me, and I really don't want to continue conversing about grammar with you, so I am asking you yet again to please kindly stop talking to me.

So easy lol. And a poor grasp of the English language to boot

What a self important tosser you are.

Meth

Staff member

Grammar forum --------->>

Meth

Staff member
Smith's last ODI century was a year ago yesterday. Since then. he's averaging 30 odd.

JJ

Immortal

"ironical"?

**edit - forget it, just noticed there's another page of this crap, man things can escalate really quickly

Aust ODI performances abysmal at the moment, tactically they need to catch up, and also consider actually picking the best team...