What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 15th 2019 - INDIA WIN BY 6 WICKETS

TheParraboy

Staff member
Can we clinch the series here?

Got a feeling Big bad billy will be in the 11

Reckon they give Zampa a run as well maybe?

Love India batting Dhoni at No 5 :D Went along way helping us win game 1

Eelectrica

Referee
All I want is Maxwell up the order a couple of places.
Hopefully Khawaja and Marsh can be more active. Turn some of those dots into singles.

I'm going to say Billy, Zampa and Turner in Siddle, Lyon and Khawaja out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What we need also is a Carey or a Finch (or both) to fire in the first 10 overs powerplay

1/55 at the 10 over mark or better should what we strive for, pending how the deck is playing

But agree with others Maxy needs to bat a 6 worst case. Dhoni needs to bat at 7 best case :D

India wont be 3/4 again, and to be honest we were about 30-40 runs short of where we should have been. Kholi and Shikar will rip us apart if we don't get more runs

The Poms batting throughout is insane. They have Root and Morgan who can settle things if need be and they are gun t20 players in their own right. But they are beatable

mave

Coach
Finch is probably completely devoid of confidence, after failing in a format of international cricket that he should have never been involved in.

Fangs

Coach
Captain Finch won't be dropped. Not sure why Carey has been given an opportunity to open? He isn't going to be opening in the world cup over warner, finch, khawaja, marsh, short, lynn etc.

Marsh
Finch
Khawaja
Handscomb
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Who cares

Stoinis at 3 I don't mind. In this instance there actually is a decent reason for him to be promoted up the order. Maxwell moving up a no brainer.

India still hung over from the test series. More interested in watching girls on the dancefloor at Ivy. Win the series and bring them back down to earth.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we need to explosive opening batsman to take advantage of the powerplay, we got both Uzi and Marsh to come in at 3 and 4 to settle things down if need be as shown yesterday

Not sure Carey and Finch will be openers at the world cup.

Warner may slot in pending some form when he comes back?

Fangs

Coach
I think we need to explosive opening batsman to take advantage of the powerplay, we got both Uzi and Marsh to come in at 3 and 4 to settle things down if need be as shown yesterday

Not sure Carey and Finch will be openers at the world cup.

Warner may slot in pending some form when he comes back?

I agree. We had two in Lynn and Short. Another guy called Wade was in really good form too.

Wonder what happened to them? One of those great cricketing mysteries.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I agree. We had two in Lynn and Short. Another guy called Wade was in really good form too.

Wonder what happened to them? One of those great cricketing mysteries.

Lynn, Short and McDermott were the top 3 bats of the JLT one day cup

Deserved another chance, many have had multiple chances, why give the best openers and hitters only once chance? So we can persist with mediocrity?

some11

Referee
From memory Lynn got a go after he had a break-out BBL season then got injured and they haven't gone back to him?

Fangs

Coach
Lynn, Short and McDermott were the top 3 bats of the JLT one day cup

Deserved another chance, many have had multiple chances, why give the best openers and hitters only once chance? So we can persist with mediocrity?

Whats the JLT Cup again? Oh yeah, that thing we invented to mirror the WC format and to give 20/20 cricket more air time. Those results obviously aren't imporant.

Maxwell at 7 and middle order lever-men dropped. We are gonna play it like its 1988 again. Overs 15-40 plod around and explode at the death.

Its strange considering we won the 2015 WC off the back of power batting. We've never been great at 20/20 cricket and 50 over cricket is simply a mere extension. But we got the recipe right in 2015. What is JL thinking at the moment?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Whats the JLT Cup again? Oh yeah, that thing we invented to mirror the WC format and to give 20/20 cricket more air time. Those results obviously aren't imporant.

Maxwell at 7 and middle order lever-men dropped. We are gonna play it like its 1988 again. Overs 15-40 plod around and explode at the death.

Its strange considering we won the 2015 WC off the back of power batting. We've never been great at 20/20 cricket and 50 over cricket is simply a mere extension. But we got the recipe right in 2015. What is JL thinking at the moment?

We were on the right path in t20 when Warner was captain for the t20 tri series here, and then some games in NZ, we didnt look like losing in 7 or 8 matches played, all on the back of selecting a side from inform bbl players

I still think we need a model similar to the poms (for the WC this yr), one or two guys in the middle order who can play a solid anchor role, the rest attack in the main

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Finch is probably completely devoid of confidence, after failing in a format of international cricket that he should have never been involved in.
And totally devoid of a technique to succeed against anything that isn’t a road.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The Haynetrain the only man world wide to show faith in Marcus Stoinis years ago now averages 45 with the bat in ODI's and the Haynetrain the only man worldwide to show faith in Matt Wade purely as a batsmen years ago is now the leading runscorer in the history of mankind

Australia would never lose if i was a selector

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Haynetrain the only man world wide to show faith in Marcus Stoinis years ago now averages 45 with the bat in ODI's and the Haynetrain the only man worldwide to show faith in Matt Wade purely as a batsmen years ago is now the leading runscorer in the history of mankind

But you also tipped us Jens Rules and Nobu Bruv.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Ruby Rose, Haynetrain, 2 Weeks and Rosie O'Donnell - a helluva selection panel.