What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v NZ at MCG, Dec 26-30 2019

TheParraboy

Staff member
As the attention shift towards the BBL, the MCG test has some serious questions about it

How will the deck play? What will be the make up of both sides? Will there be any respite from Warne throughout?

Suspect Pattinson in for Hazlewood for Australia?

Boult in for for the kiwis over Locky, and maybe a batting change at the top of the order?

*if the deck is horrible, they really need to move the boxing day test to somewhere like Adelaide

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Give a young fast bowler a go for Haz, no f**king Siddle, Patto is not so young anymore.

Give a young batsmen a go for Wade.

JJ

Immortal
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...eter-siddle-josh-hazlewood-likely-replacement

Ferguson heading home... if sanity prevails they'll send a batsman over - everyone said the squad was poorly selected... no batting cover, 2 wicket-keepers plus Latham to cover, and no half decent spinner (Santner is only useful with white ball, and in NZ (where he fills a few tight overs)...

Will be interesting to see whether they can join the dots - I'd be tempted to send Astle home too, and send over Patel and either Brownlie or Rutherford.... but they'll likely send over Hamish f**king Bennett, of if they decide a batsman is needed it'll be the wondrous Martin Guptill

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not hate Siddle, his time has past.

Give a kid a crack, there are a few tear aways, Haz will be back.

But Langer is a putz.

typicalfan

Coach
Pattinson in. The MCG pitch is boring enough without Siddle trundling in. Neser doesn't suit the MCG either, he needs a bit in the pitch.

edabomb

First Grade
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...eter-siddle-josh-hazlewood-likely-replacement

Ferguson heading home... if sanity prevails they'll send a batsman over - everyone said the squad was poorly selected... no batting cover, 2 wicket-keepers plus Latham to cover, and no half decent spinner (Santner is only useful with white ball, and in NZ (where he fills a few tight overs)...

Will be interesting to see whether they can join the dots - I'd be tempted to send Astle home too, and send over Patel and either Brownlie or Rutherford.... but they'll likely send over Hamish f**king Bennett, of if they decide a batsman is needed it'll be the wondrous Martin Guptill

Couldn't believe it when I saw Guppy named in an article today. Elsewhere in the NZ media Todd Astle is being touted as an opening batting option so nothing should surprise me anymore.