What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2ND TEST: Australia v Pakistan SCG Jan 3-7 2010

Dragon

Coach
this is surely the most suspect result in cricketing history

what were australia paying to win after their 2nd innings? Anyone who had the balls to put their money on the aussies to win made out like bandits... wonder if any paki's get in on that action... like the fans?

I agree. Bizarre field placings, and the last 4 batsmen basically threw their wickets away..

Red Bear

Referee
That's not true actually RB. The selectors have already shown that a loss doesn't mean change. They have their favourites and they'll stick with them.
I think losing to the Poms in Australia would force their hand however. Huge difference to losing in England.

Hussey has surprised me by doing well, batted well today althought very lucky to still be there, got dropped with some sitters. He'll be in the side for a while now, rightly or wrongly.

Siddle did well with the bat today, but that is not what he is picked for. Picked for his bowling and it was average today and has been sh*te all summer, pre and post injury. He'll play in Hobart but unless he should hopefully be 12th man or even better playing first class cricket somewhere instead if Hilfenhaus is fit again for the NZ tour. Has some potential but seems to me like a player who tries hard, alright bloke but not very good.

Ricky's interview pissed me off, like winning suddenly changes the fact that our performance was very poor and if Pakistan could field we would not have won. Winning doesnt over ride the fact that a few players are not playing up to standard.

The biggest positive for Australian cricket is that there is alot of talent in the 19-23 age group that will be introduced in the next few years. The likes of Hughes, Khawaja, Hazlewood, Smith, Henriques and even Starc and Warner from NSW alone are excellent prospects, especially the first few, along with players from other states including Patinson, Holland, Marsh, McDermott. The problem at the moment i think is there is not much talent in the 23-30 age group, alot of decent first class players but no really solid players, apart from maybe Marsh and Fergusson. I think if we get through the next two years getting some of the younger age group introduced we could very well set ourselves up for another decade of being the best (or close too it), but it is possible we need to go backwards to go forwards.

Siddle batted for 3 hours, had minimal rest bowled 2 excellent overs and then started to spray them a bit.

Pretty hard to be critical of his bowling today after fronting up almost immediately after his 3hr inning.

Hallatia

Referee
Siddle batted for 3 hours, had minimal rest bowled 2 excellent overs and then started to spray them a bit.

Pretty hard to be critical of his bowling today after fronting up almost immediately after his 3hr inning.
that should give him momentum coming into the bowling innings, he is after all a bowler, and if any bowler tried to use that as an excuse, they would deserve a kick in the head.

Red Bear

Referee

The thing is he has bowled poorly the entire summer. If we have all our bowlers fully fit you play Bollinger, Hilfy, Johnson and Hauritz.

Dutchy

Immortal
that should give him momentum coming into the bowling innings, he is after all a bowler, and if any bowler tried to use that as an excuse, they would deserve a kick in the head.

Have you ever been a pace bowler?

bluesbreaker

Bench
Here's an idea Siddle, bowl something else except for f**king short balls. I ask again, what does he offer that Stuart Clark does not? Stuart Clark is a psycho (I heard him talkin on the cricket show about wanting to 'stab' his captain? wtf?), twitches and carries on in front of the camera, but Siddle is a dead-set hideous ghoul up close. Do not get it. How did this clown get picked after 10 first class games or whatever? f**k me. Ridunculous. BRING BACK CLARKY. The second best bowler in Australia (After McGarth).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What were Siddle's match figures???? 1 for around 100 on a bowlers wicket. He is struggling against two of the weakest batting teams in world cricket. Hate to see what India would be doing to him.......

eddiesmith

Juniors
Here's an idea Siddle, bowl something else except for f**king short balls. I ask again, what does he offer that Stuart Clark does not? Stuart Clark is a psycho (I heard him talkin on the cricket show about wanting to 'stab' his captain? wtf?), twitches and carries on in front of the camera, but Siddle is a dead-set hideous ghoul up close. Do not get it. How did this clown get picked after 10 first class games or whatever? f**k me. Ridunculous. BRING BACK CLARKY. The second best bowler in Australia (After McGarth).
He got picked because everyone else got injured including Clark who is injured yet again, its a bit hard for Clark to take Siddles spot when he spent most of the last 15 months injured

aussies1st

Staff member

I see where you are coming from but what if both number 10 and 11 batted for 5 hours? Are we then going to be f**ked for 40 overs until they get right again? And then we get to the point, should the batsmen just get themselves out so that they are ready for bowling instead of wasting 5 hours worth of energy on batting?

TheParraboy

Staff member
What a game

Poor crowd to start of day 4, But from lunch time it improved and got very vocal as Pakistan self destructed. The atmosphere was something else as we were heading to victory.

Siddle would have been in the nets a good while before the game today getting his eye in, plus then batting for 3 hrs. Something he doesnt do often. So some slack can be given to him bowling crap in this particular instance, BUT not for the season to date.

I thought a snipper had shot Haurie when he caught Yousuf, lol, brilliant catch, though I must say had the ball gone basically anywhere else on Hauries anatomy then there is no way it would have been caught. That was a huge wicket as well as UAkmals.

North, Siddle need to be put on notice for Hobart, Perform or you wont tour NZ with the test side

Whilst there is no immediate threat to their position in the side, Id like to see Clarke and Punter get amongst the runs sooner rather than later

Gaba

First Grade
Ponting is the bellamy of cricket , luck more then good management he was lucky enough the pakistan batsman played poorly and the australian bowlers and fielders did thier job

Ponting field placings was making it hard for his bowlers

JJ

Immortal
Not if we keep winning it's not ...

:lol: fair chance of that if you keep playing the Windies (ranked 8), Pakistan (ranked 6) and NZ (ranked 7) (and note the huge gap between these three sides, and 1-5 http://www.cricinfo.com/rankings/content/current/page/211271.html)

The fact that Aust is struggling to beat lowly ranked sides - remember rain saved Pakistan from losing 2-1 in NZ before this tour, and the Windies had an even tussle in NZ not long ago...

It's not broken if that's the level Aust are satisified at playing at now...

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
Sorry to burst your man love for the boy, but apart from that game his scores have been

1. 0
2. 75
3. 33
4. 32
5. 36
6. 4
7. 17
8. 0
9. 37

staggering

Wow, i didn't realise how average his scores were outside the couple tons he made which is all we seem to talk/hear about. But you can't live off those forever and i've said elsewhere that while i think he'll go on to have along and successful test career, IMO he's just not ready atm and these figures just re-inforce my view.

I'm sure there's plenty around here that want to shoot me down with their man love of Phil and all that but the figures there don't lie. If he were a Queenslander or a Victorian, or someone else from those states with the exact same figures there's no way in hell you'd be calling so strongly to have them in the team and the moaning would be deafening if they were picked :lol:

Latest posts