What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: England v New Zealand @ Edgbaston, Jun 10-14 2021

Bazal

Post Whore
Trent Boult has been a poor test bowler for the last few seasons. Too much white ball crikcet has ruined him in tests, has no patience what so ever.

Not sure I can agree with that...quick stats check shows his last 4 years (plus the little we have of 2021) have been arguably his best?

I think he's suffered a bit from what guys like Starc and Johnson did as lefties, but to a lesser extent. As a swing bowler he bowls fuller naturally and can go for runs and lose his swing at times...but 110 wickets at an average of around 26 or 27 since 2017 hardly screams poor Test bowler to me.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
All out 303, 229/3 in reply. Conway and Young with 80 odd each, and Taylor 46*

Meth

Staff member
nz on top, but it'll all come down to game 3. We need a big first innings total and I reckon our tail is a bit long to produce it.

shiznit

Coach
Roscoe in super scratchy form but he will hurt them if he keeps going.

If the English manage to work him back into form the Indians could be in big trouble.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
3 players scoring 80s could be some type of record. Could our resident stats nerd check it out please

edabomb

First Grade
Dumb dumb dumb from Mitchell has us in danger of not holding much of a lead here. He's cost himself a chance at a shot of playing in next week's final.

Meth

Staff member
Well, that was nice to wake up to. Victory more or less assured with 2 days left to play and England 9 wickets down and 30 odd ahead. Henry and Wagner leading the way. As much as this is a practice series, it’s quite fulfilling to win it now

shiznit

Coach
I know they rested a few key guys like Stokes etc... but England should be ashamed of themselves putting up this type of effort at home against a team with d all these changes.

good home crowd in too...

Front-Rower

First Grade
Not surprising that the the wheels feel off in the NZ innings as I always felt that even at 3 out for ~300 you guys were one wicket away from being all out rather quickly. However, you have some really good problems at the moment with Conway and Young. If I was selecting the team for the WTC final I’d nearly go with something like this (assuming everyone is fit);

Latham
Conway
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls
Young
Watling
Southee
Wagner
Patel
Boult