What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: England v New Zealand @ Edgbaston, Jun 10-14 2021

JJ

Immortal
No way they leave out Jamieson

hopefully we’ve seen the last of Santner with a red ball, Patel offers so much more

Mr Spock!

Referee
That England batting lineup is dogshit.

How many poms are going to have mental breakdowns and go home this Ashes???

Anderson and Broad's medium pacers
Dibley
The Pontiff
Lawrence of Arabia
Johnny Burns
the keeper who is a deer in the headlights
Yvonne Crawley
Surely they'll trot out Ali for his usual flogging over here

I can see at least a couple going home

Mr Spock!

Referee
Not surprising that the the wheels feel off in the NZ innings as I always felt that even at 3 out for ~300 you guys were one wicket away from being all out rather quickly. However, you have some really good problems at the moment with Conway and Young. If I was selecting the team for the WTC final I’d nearly go with something like this (assuming everyone is fit);

Latham
Conway
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls
Young
Watling
Southee
Wagner
Patel
Boult
Is it just me or did Latham seem to have more a clue on captaincy than Bradmanson?

Bazal

Post Whore
Is it just me or did Latham seem to have more a clue on captaincy than Bradmanson?

Bradmanson is ok but very conservative IMO. Very good leader, very good dude, but tactically very simple. It can work well when you play well and to your strengths as NZ have done for the last few years.

I like Latham though. He seems a lot more intuitive.

JJ

Immortal
England's woes aside, they haven't lost a test series at home since 2014, and we've only won two series there ever, so we're pretty stoked with this... and we made 6 changes, only Santner was (imo) one that we should have dropped... we've never had this depth before, not even close

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Latham looked impressive as skipper, seemed to have a good feel for the job, any chance of him getting the gig full time???

JJ

Immortal
He's nice enough, naturally, he's a Kiwi (funnily, I'd be pretty sure that Baz is the least nicest of those 3, yet Aussies think he's a saint (or demon))... but I don't see any desire to move away from Williamson... I'd like Williamson to drop, paraphrasing his words 'his third favourite form of cricket'

Front-Rower

First Grade
No way they leave out Jamieson
Oh I forgot about him. In English conditions Southee is probably still a test class bowler. But Jamieson is next level. Maybe, just maybe NZ play 5 bowlers and back the top order and Watling to score big?

Latham
Conway
Williamson
Taylor
Young
Watling
Wagner
Southee
Patel
Jamieson
Boult

JJ

Immortal
Oh I forgot about him. In English conditions Southee is probably still a test class bowler. But Jamieson is next level. Maybe, just maybe NZ play 5 bowlers and back the top order and Watling to score big?

Latham
Conway
Williamson
Taylor
Young
Watling
Wagner
Southee
Patel
Jamieson
Boult
It's a tough one, that is a legit tail... I think they like Colin at 7 as the spare bowler... they might go no spinner and play Colin for Patel depending on conditions, funnily enough in English conditions it probably should come down to Wagner or Patel... probably won't... if they really want the batting Young or Mitchell offer much more than Colin...

NZ never has selection quandries, but they have one here... sadly I suspect if Santner is good to go the lineup will be yours but with him there not Patel... but in reality he offers little with the bat, and nothing with the ball

Latest posts