What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: India v WI at Hyperabad Oct 12-16 2018

TheParraboy

Staff member
Another cakewalk coming up?

The bizarre thing I guess , is if you create a WI side of players who are not in the side (but are t20 stars) they would most likely trounce the test side

TheParraboy

Staff member
stumps day 1
WI 7/295 (were 5/113).

Chase 98*
Holder 52

Shame Holder got out just before stumps, the best no8 in test cricket

TheParraboy

Staff member
India were 4/162, soon after WI started fielding poorly and a sitter dropped of Gabriel who was bowling quite quick

WI 311- Chase 106
India 4/308 - young kid Shaw gets 70 of 53 balls

India will put on 150+ today, and WI will get bowled out for under that

TheParraboy

Staff member
India ended up winning the test easily

They are gonna be hard to beat in our summer
They were competitive in England for the most part, and did well in South Africa, considering they were expected to get belted in both series

Hopefully Khawaja can have a big series, and MMarsh can replicate what he did last summer

Tommy Smith

Referee
How good is that nine year old with the Anglo surname?

They do start 'em young in the subcontinent.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If he was an Aussie he’d only just be getting picked in some NSW 2nd XI games.
That moment when you hear an Aussie "young gun" just debuted for his state; only to find out he's 23.

It is a weird difference in cricket culture. I'm very much in the "if he's good enough he's old enough" camp.

But it's not a philosophy you see used in Australia.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That moment when you hear an Aussie "young gun" just debuted for his state; only to find out he's 23.

It is a weird difference in cricket culture. I'm very much in the "if he's good enough he's old enough" camp.

It used to be, but that line of thinking is long gone.

Bazal

Post Whore

The selectors and admin are still clinging to the days when we didn't need to pick guys at 20 because the Shield was full of Jamie Siddons and Stuart Law and Mike/Dave Hussey and Martin Love and so on...

Unfortunately these days the "old hands" keeping young blood out are Cameron White and the like