What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

JJ

Immortal
Hoping for 1-1, maybe I've lost my marbles, but we're better than that!

Taylor's got to play, and another change or two

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The Australian players have a share in a million dollars riding on this match and a cool sceptre.

2 weeks

Coach
Burns is living on borrowed time

He's better than Alex Doolan, but needs to pull his finger out

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Burns to me is safe until after Sri Lanka so long as we keep winning and he doesnt go on a mitch marsh run of fail. Give the bloke a go. Opening the batting is hard graft. He does have a few technical issues but good batsmen can overcome those.

Mitch Marsh is the biggest problem. He isnt a complete dud which is the problem. I find it hard to drop him based on his bowling but he is the worst number 6 in world cricket. I really dont know what the selectors should do. He is crucial on flat wickets as a bowler but hes a f**king liability with the bat right now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez if Sids and Patto are out, we may as well bring back the rug

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Burns to me is safe until after Sri Lanka so long as we keep winning and he doesnt go on a mitch marsh run of fail. Give the bloke a go. Opening the batting is hard graft. He does have a few technical issues but good batsmen can overcome those.

Mitch Marsh is the biggest problem. He isnt a complete dud which is the problem. I find it hard to drop him based on his bowling but he is the worst number 6 in world cricket. I really dont know what the selectors should do. He is crucial on flat wickets as a bowler but hes a f**king liability with the bat right now.

Burns will struggle with a moving ball with that awful defensive technique, until he does something about it.

Whats the Christchurch pitch normally like ?

chigurh

Yeah, think we certainly need a bowling all-rounder given how fragile are bowlers are and how flat pitches can be, and Marsh's bowling is the best of the lot. We were down a bowler again this match (Siddle) but fortunately so far ahead of the game it didn't hurt us.

Just gotta hope his batting starts improving - surely that's the only way it can go from here?? His bowling seems to be steadily improving and his average is at 31 now.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I dont like him angling his bat when defending. All jokes aside about australian pitches but they are normally greener for shield matches how does he not get caught behind the wicket all the time in first class cricket. Its a mystery to me.

Im normally the first guy to say technique isnt that important but he is angling the ball straight to catching men

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't really play a bad shot in this game, brilliant catch and MMarsh's last dig in the last ODI was pretty impressive, MOM.

I think he is worth persevering with for now.

JJ

Immortal
I dont like him angling his bat when defending. All jokes aside about australian pitches but they are normally greener for shield matches how does he not get caught behind the wicket all the time in first class cricket. Its a mystery to me.

Im normally the first guy to say technique isnt that important but he is angling the ball straight to catching men

Yeah, well, Guptill and Burns show that at the least poor technique is a problem

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Everyone called me a troll when i said 14 years ago it ws an utter disgrace we had Marsh batting in the top 6 for Australia

Haynetrain 1
Novices 0

Timbo

Staff member
If Sids and Patto can't play then Sayers comes in. Easy.

I'm still really not sold on MMarsh. He's not a good enough batsman in red-ball cricket to bat at six in the test side. I would consider moving Nevill up to six and bring Faulkner in at 7.

Without Starc our attack has a sameness to it, they're all fast-medium seam bowlers. We need some variety in there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ABC News are reporting its likely that Sids out and Patto in.

Here's hoping.