What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Players votes v Dogs (2/8/20)

Eelementary

Post Whore
3: Gutherson - made several try-saving tackles, his positional play was excellent, and he scored two tries.

2: Paulo - outstanding.

1: Evans - I know, I know. This is a controversial choice; however, I felt our energy, and intensity, lifted when Kane came on. Despite not having much ball when he came on, Kane decided the best way to lift his team-mates was to smash people in defence, and he did. I reckon we've missed the big fella.

Honourable mention - RCG. Immense, as always.

T-Boon

Coach
61 tackles which was streets ahead of the next Eels player.
Not his fault his arm got hit with a player streaming out of the line as he passed it and a couple of good kicks when needed.

His passing was average and he doesn't have a running game. A big tackle count does not matter much as it is just a sign they have run at him. Non of the tackles were impactful.

Eelementary

Post Whore
His passing was average and he doesn't have a running game. A big tackle count does not matter much as it is just a sign they have run at him. Non of the tackles were impactful.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but last week, people lost their minds because Grant made 57 tackles...

For the record, I thought Mahoney made some crucial plays (pouncing on a loose offload to get us the ball, defending like a brick wall, some good kicks to get us out of trouble), but he tried too hard.

I don’t think he was poor, but he has been better in the past.

emjaycee

Coach
A big tackle count matters heaps when the opposition has 53% of the ball to your 47% and yep, they ran at him and more often than not, he stopped them with an 92% efficiency. Defense wins matches.

Eelementary

Post Whore
A big tackle count matters heaps when the opposition has 53% of the ball to your 47% and yep, they ran at him and more often than not, he stopped them with an 92% efficiency. Defense wins matches.

That's very true.

Mahoney was very good today, on second thought.

He may have made a few errors (which, for some reason, is all people focus on; why don't people focus on the bad tackle attempt on RCG by Grant last week?), but he was resolute, and competed the whole 80 minutes.

Tooooks

Bench
3 - Junior
Beautiful pass for that first try, nice linking plays, 4 offloads, 30 odd tackles with one miss, 175m. He was huge today.

2 - Gutho.
Two tries, some great last ditch defence, mostly solid under some tricky bombs.

1 - RCG
Another top effort. Close to 200m again (over 200 depending on what stats you read).

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
61 tackles which was streets ahead of the next Eels player.
Not his fault his arm got hit with a player streaming out of the line as he passed it and a couple of good kicks when needed.
He makes 61 tackles because they choose to run at him?

Latest posts