What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Broncos

Meth

Staff member
Hard to know what to make of that one really.

3- Harris- despite his grubber
2- Mannering
1- Paasi

HM- Green, Luke.

Green's defense at crucial moments and Luke's cannonball tackle held them out of the 3-2-1

Hiku was disappointing.

Broncos were the better team

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3: Paasi
2: Mannering (D was noticeably stiffer when he was on, but as always it’s a worry when Simon’s defence has him in the points!)
1: Bunty

Benek

Juniors
3. Harris - just so steady and dependable.
2. Paasi - best momentum for us today, but none of the forwards were great.
1. Mannering - his usual self today but looks rusty on attack a few times. He will get better in a game or two.

Hiku, Kata both poor. As was Fus with the dropsies. RTS tried hard. SJ quiet but no surprise as were were dominated in the rusk. Watching it at the stadium I actually found it difficult to pick out any players that stood out today. The whole team felt flat.

jaseg

Juniors
3 Harris
2 Mannering
1 Bunty I guess? Paasi's miss on Roberts (when he had the easier tackle to make) for that try was an automatic disqualifier for points IMO.. Green being involved defensively on multiple tries is the same

ozenzud

Juniors
Yes, very disappointing. The line speed that was the mark of the first 5 games was missing. Broncos forwards set the platform, whereas ours went missing.

Harris was good, but still missed a tackle that led to a try.

Centres stopped passing to wings. Kata went back to hog mode.

3. Ken
2. Paasi
1. Harris

Iafeta

Referee
3 Ken
2 Bunty
1 none

I cannot give Harris points. Bombed a try. And arm grabbed Oates on the way to his.

Iafeta

Referee
3 Harris
2 Mannering
1 Bunty I guess? Paasi's miss on Roberts (when he had the easier tackle to make) for that try was an automatic disqualifier for points IMO.. Green being involved defensively on multiple tries is the same

Agree on your comment on Paasi. Missed an absolute sitter which cost us a try.

Agree on Green too. Should have still made the tackle Paasi missed, and a dreadful miss on Su’A.

Harris, Hiku and Johnson I also disqualified for fundamental defensive errors on Oates’ try. Each of them could have stopped that.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Paasi
2. Mannering
1. Harris

There was a lot of bad defending all over, but I'm going to call out Blair who didn't do a lot all night when we needed big efforts from everyone.

Everyone else, jersey grabbing aside, put in enough effort.

Blair

Coach
...Everyone else, jersey grabbing aside, put in enough effort.

'Jersey grabbing', what's the point these days when it's all "body-hugging" lycra?

You could certainly 'jersey grab' circa 1997, when every player seemed to be wearing a tent.

fe40aebc9d85f6cd017b5cfae4723f74

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Everybody who got stuck in last night made some errors- apart from Mannering.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Everybody who got stuck in last night made some errors- apart from Mannering.

Mr 97% doesn’t miss. I noticed his dominant ball and all technique was still on show too, must have some serious upper body strength.

Latest posts