What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Bulldogs

Meth

Staff member
3- Johnson. Looking more and more threatening.
2- Ford- love that developing edge.
1- Kosi. Generally doesn't get love, but stood up to the aerial challenge superbly

HM- AFB, CNK, Vailea- needs work defensively but so, so good with the ball in hand.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Ford. Massive effort. Huge try saver at the end, forced a lot of penalties out of the Dogs
2- SJ. Showed he could've been doing this for years, but probably now has the right leader(s)
1- CNK. Big workload, great carries

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - SJ
2 - Ford
1 - CNK

tough, tough win, really did that the hard way against a Dogs side that weren’t going away.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1- Kosi. Generally doesn't get loved, but stood up to the aerial challenge superbly
can’t give him points because his positional game still needs work, got pantsed by The Fox big time. But he’s become very safe under the high ball and overall is progressing very well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I didn't think Johnson's try was outrageous. Also, the no-try call on Pompey was a 12-point turn around.
Oh 100%. The strip was a worse call, 2 hands on or near the ball, pulling motion, 2 in the tackle. Clearly play on, try Pompey, and then no scrum or JAC try.
At least there was some judgement involved in the SJ call and let’s face it even if AFB had evaporated there’s no way Spud Mahoney gets near him.

nswarrior

Juniors
3 - Ford
2 - Johnson
1 - Lussick, he has bulked up a little since last year and filled in well for Egan

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Johnson - showed us exactly what he should have been doing last year, owning the game
2. CNK - proving to be a huge cog in the wheel, very safe at the back
1. Walker - yeah he made mistakes, but he motors hard every minute he's there and we develop a sudden sting on attack when he comes on.

Lots of hard work all around, it feels like so long I can't give minus points or call for someone to be gone.

Grizzman

Juniors
3 - Johnson. I was giving him two before the try. Turned back some years.
2 - Ford. Really good buy. Some key defensive moments and runs good lines.
1 - Kosi. A really tough call for me between him and Vailea but he's been improving nicely. I'm picking the uplift in confidence he's showing is on the back of his resigning.

HM : Vailea, Niukore, Walker, Jazz, AFB, Martin and CNK. And Lussick did a job.

Benek

Juniors
3. SJ
2. Ford
1. CNK

Never thought I’d give SJ 3 again but last two weeks have been next level. He’s looking to hit the line and engage defenders every single touch of the ball. Put guys into holes all night and then capped it off with the game winning try. He was also SOLID on defense. Only criticism is kicking game could still improve. But if we see this from him all year we’ll have a lot to celebrate.

Last edited:

Scott

Bench
3. SJ
2. Ford
1. CNK

Absolutely love the resilience.
Dylan Walker is such a good 14. Love the speed & freeing up SJ on those shape plays.
Andrew Webster is a very very good coach.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3. SJ
2. Ford
1. CNK

Never thought I’d give SJ 3 again but last two weeks have been next level. He’s looking to hit the line and engage defenders every single touch of the ball. Put guys into holes all night and then capped it off with the game winning try. He was also SOLID on defense. Only criticism is kicking game could still improve. But if we see this from him all year we’ll have a lot to celebrate.
If SJ keeps playing like this he can extend for a couple more years and go out a member of the 300 club.

3. SJ
2. Ford
1. CNK

100% this

Ive been his biggest critic and i dont even want him at the club.
But i think him being back at his own house in his own city in his own Country with his own Family is the key

Blair

Coach
If SJ keeps playing like this he can extend for a couple more years and go out a member of the 300 club.
He was good at the Sharks, good in his first year with Cleary. Reasonable under Cappy (who wasn't the worst coach in the world). Perhaps it was always about good coaching with him?

JJ

Immortal
3.Ford
2. Johnson
1. Fonua-Blake

hood effort, although Dogs are rubbish and bunker a dumpster fire

Penrose_11

Juniors
3. SJ - love that he’s getting his running game back. And just so solid on D
2. Ford - just a beast of defence
1. Kosi - doing the little things right