What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Cowboys

TheDMC

Bench
Phew. That was I.N.Tense

3- Lillyman
2- Rapira
1- Vatuvei

Hon mention: Nearly all of them, but for me, stoked to see Bukuya and Johnson play well. Johnson defended hard and field kicking excellent, Bukuya was a threat on attack and defended hard.

Can't go past the two props though, and backed by Matagi, but Vatuvei was outstanding I thought.

Blair

Coach
3. Lillyman - he's been much maligned lately.
2. Johnson - heard the radio commentators make more than a few mentions of his 'courageous defence'.
1. Fish - for getting us off to a flying start.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Great game by all of our props in particular Raps and Lillyman. They were epic totally outshone Scott and Tamou IMO

Fast Eddie

First Grade
3. Lillyman - he's been much maligned lately.
2. Johnson - heard the radio commentators make more than a few mentions of his 'courageous defence'.
1. Fish - for getting us off to a flying start.

Apart from a good pick up on a bouncing ball I don't see how you can give a point to a guy who was pretty much directly responsible for two Cowboys tries.

Blair

Coach
Apart from a good pick up on a bouncing ball I don't see how you can give a point to a guy who was pretty much directly responsible for two Cowboys tries.

Listening on radio probably didn't help. Commentators make big deals about try scorers on radio.

I also zoned-out for about 20 minutes mid-game.

Still, Fish scored the two opening tries. It would have been a long night if Winterstein did.

MKEB...

Staff member
3.lillyman
2. rapira
1. Johnson

I possibly could have gone vice versa with Lillyman and Rapira, but Lillyman seemed to IMO to have the better game

3. Lillyman - Got us going forward and some quick play of the balls.
2. Bukuya - In a lot of tackles and tackle busts! (pity about the standard penalty)
1. Johnson - for his kicking game for 70mins of the game.

Hon Men Townsend, gave 100% effort in defence, saw a lot of guys sitting around after tackles near the start.

Meth

Staff member
3- Rapira
2- Lillyman
1- Johnson

Much better from Townsend.

Izz

Bench
3- Rapira
2- Lillyman
1- Bukuya

Hon mentions: Townsend, Tomkins, Johnson

Hope Matulino is okay.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Lillyman
2. Rapira - good to see him back near his best.
1. Johnson

Much better from Townsend today, more like the Broncos trial.

Rich102

Staff member
That start was so vital.
3. Lillyman - his best in a couple of seasons
2. Rapira - really stood up
1 Townsend - worked hard and steered the forwards well. Starting to get a bit of confidence.

Benek

Juniors
3. Lillyman
2. Rapira
1. Johnson

Much better effort from the whole team, but way too many stupid mistakes at the end. We have them every possible opportunity to take that one from us.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
3 Rapira
2 Friend
1 SJ

So much better this week, everyone really stood up and played well. Would have been heartbreaking to lose, but shows a lot to hold on and come away with the win as well. If we can play like that consistently, we will be able to beat most teams.