What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Dragons

Meth

Staff member
3- Katoa
2- RTS
1- Montoya

HM- Fonua-Blake, Sironen

Townsend and Egan did good things, but then did dumb things that lost us the match. Pretty harsh to include RTS in that, but yeah...

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
That was probably a bit of an understatement there on Townsend. A nice, neat kick to end that set, instead of a pointless field goal, and we win that match.

Sanchez

Coach
That was probably a bit of an understatement there on Townsend. A nice, neat kick to end that set, instead of a pointless field goal, and we win that match.
If he got it, Warriors win. So it wasnt that pointless

WellsNZ

Juniors
There is absolutely no argument for that drop goal attempt being a good idea. None.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Do not give him the ball in clutch situations

TheDMC

Bench
Vossy was banging on about how Chad's last game for Cronulla was a match winning drop goal and inferring that he was hard done by getting the boot. He failed to mention that in that game, up until the winning drop goal he was absolutely shockingly awful.

If he got it, Warriors win. So it wasnt that pointless
It lead to 7 tackle set and Dragons try and momentum which is HUGE this year.
Because of the failed attempt and Dragons point coming from it, it makes it look like the right idea.
A repeat set was the right idea.

But AFB offload into Dragons player back was the turning point leading 18-6

Last edited:
3: Katoa
2: Montoya
1: RTS

Katoa worked well with Chad and ran some great lines.

Loved Montoya's energy, watch him off the ball, some great defensive reads and pressure, wanted to be there and play, just stuffed up critically in defense for final try.

RTS great, but ultimately cost the game, as captain he can't rally the troops, he should of gone to dummy half after Kosi stuff up and gone low and fast.
Dropped a sitter in golden point. 3 point game till he did those.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3: Katoa
2: Montoya
1: RTS

that’ll do me. And that’ll about do me for the season. They try but with the injuries and setbacks we’ve had we’re just not that good this year. Evidenced by the fact that we have a park footballer like Kosi playing on one wing. I can’t be too harsh on the guy because he’s been promoted straight up several grades and tries his best but it shows.

Meth

Staff member
It lead to 7 tackle set and Dragons try and momentum which is HUGE this year.
Because of the failed attempt and Dragons point coming from it, it makes it look like the right idea.
A repeat set was the right idea.

But AFB offload into Dragons player back was the turning point leading 18-6

I forgot about that.

got to be consistent and edit my 3-2-1 for dumb plays. I did that with Egan

JJ

Immortal
Townsend having the wrong score in his head is pretty funny tbh, unlike Lamb he's no legend so only Warriors fans will remember it and not with a laugh... still, he's an upgrade in the halves...

Meth

Staff member
Townsend having the wrong score in his head is pretty funny tbh, unlike Lamb he's no legend so only Warriors fans will remember it and not with a laugh... still, he's an upgrade in the halves...

Yes. We definitely looked more organised, until about the 70th minute

Reactions: JJ

Tongue

Juniors
There was also a very strong run from AFB, right on the 70 minute mark, then he then tried the miracle offload. Was. Not. Needed.
12 points ahead, 10 to go, and pushing low percentage play instead of locking it up and shutting down the game.

Meth

Staff member

Funny, but sad. He's the halfback. In that situation, he should know exactly where we are.