What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Dragons

Meth

Staff member
Gough did us no favours. I actually do enjoy that kind of refereeing but its so inconsistent with what the NRL serves up. I thought the passes in the lead up to a couple of tries were dubious.

Still, our fault though.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
3 - Katoa. More of that please. Looked as good as he did last year
2 - Jazz. Changed the game for us when he came on. Great line speed and defended well with no penalties or errors. Best game of the season for him
1 - AFB. How great is it having a forward who can rattle off 160m. Still getting better after his injury, but played 78m which is amazing for a front rower

DM - BMM. Looked lost last night and while he improved as the game got on, I hope Brown has taken notice and has him on the bench next week

sup42

Juniors
3. Montoya, what a bargain
2. Katoa, unlucky to get injured.
1. Chad. Thought he played really well overall for a new start and running on one shoulder. Drop goal undid all that good work...almost...the shoulder though....that was Cronk-esque

morningstar

Juniors
3. Katoa - a welcome return to form.
2. Ah Mau
1. Sironen

DWZ looked like lightning compared to the past 10 years of prop wings.

Encouraging performance until the last 20 mins of brain explosions. Most dissapointing thing is most of it came from our leaders: AFB, Egan, Townsend & RTS who were awesome until that point.

Benek

Juniors
3 Katoa
2 Montoya
1 RTS - would have been higher except for the errors at the end

DWZ looked good for a debut. Huge improvement on our previous years of lumbering wingers.

Jazz had the right kind of impact finally. A few hospital passes but otherwise great defense and energy on attack.

Chad rocks and diamonds but overall good. Heroic actually given he had only one arm.

AFB slowly getting better after injury while BMM is getting noticeably worse. He looked almost disinterested in being on the field last night.

Kosi sucked.

Grizzman

Juniors
Its taken me most of the day to digest the result before I could post here. I said to my mate when we were 12 points up and 8 minutes to go ... This is going to be a long 8 mins. And thus it was!

3 - Katoa. This is what he promised last year. He looked like he believed in himself last night and the line that he ran for his try was gorgeous.
2 - Jazz. Credit where it was due (and I've been a detractor). He was excellent in A and D.
1- Montoya. Plays above his weight grade but didn't put a foot wrong that I could see.

HM. Ah Mau, Evans, DWZ.

Not so good: Adam I have no pass Pompey, Ben Where am I, I got off the wrong bus Murdoch Masila and Edward Please let me play Reserve Grade Kosi. (although to be fair he did the best he could but its just too early),

Disappointed with decisions made by both Chad and RTS. Senior players should have done better. I was however pleased with our efforts without Tohu. He was a big loss but the pack stepped up.

I forgot about that.

got to be consistent and edit my 3-2-1 for dumb plays. I did that with Egan
I had forgot the order or events by end of game but looked back at my "notes" and saw it all turned south from the offload just near their 30.

TheDMC

Bench
3. Katoa
2. Montoya
1. Jazz

RTS would have got the 3 points if the game ended 15 mins earlier

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Still pondering points but Chad was pretty good, obviously the drop goal was a brain fart of epic proportions, but the whole team seemed set for it, and nobody said , why are we doing this??? Spine, captain, anybody??

JJ

Immortal
3AFB slowly getting better after injury while BMM is getting noticeably worse. He looked almost disinterested in being on the field last night.

Kosi sucked.
BMM is interesting, I had doubts when they signed him as essentially he’d been failure on the NRL…. Early on he looked good, but is this a regression to the mean?

jaseg

Juniors
BMM is interesting, I had doubts when they signed him as essentially he’d been failure on the NRL…. Early on he looked good, but is this a regression to the mean?

It's a regression to the middle - literally, they've played him in the middle more (presumably due to personnel available) but his best footy has come out wider. I'm hoping Lodge coming in changes that.

jaseg

Juniors
*sigh*

Umm... I dunno. Who didn't contribute to the litany of f**k ups? Anyone?

3 Katoa
2 Jazz
1 uhhh... Leeson? Montoya? DWZ? I guess I'll go for DWZ just for effort and newbie points.

Also why the f**k is Kosi in the team if Berry was fit enough to be the reserve/18th man? Maybe Kosi will be something in the future, but he's really far off the standard right now.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Eliesa Katoa

Katoa 41
Montoya 17
Tevaga 9

Tuivasa Sheck 8
Sironen 3
Ah Mau 2
Watene-Zelezniak 1
Townsend 1
Fonua Blake 1
Egan 1

14 voted

Tongue

Juniors
Still pondering points but Chad was pretty good, obviously the drop goal was a brain fart of epic proportions, but the whole team seemed set for it, and nobody said , why are we doing this??? Spine, captain, anybody??
Ironically, if the drop kick goes over, we win the game.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts