What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v Manly

Rich102

Staff member
In last night's game did Maloney or Seymour create a single try, try scoring opportunity, or even a linebreak?!? How on earth can we be satisfied with that? Have we forgotten what the halves are there for?

maloney scored a nice one.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Moon -3 total mismatch against Lyon (got schooled), throwing crazy passes again, especially the one on 2nd tackle to vatuvei which was never on, when we were on their tryline at 16-16.
Vatuvei -2 worst game in ages, everything he did turned to dust. Lyon did a number on him with the high balls.
Seymour -1 too quiet for a 7. needs to show more.

Agree with this.

Moon is a passenger in attack. Has his moments on D but never looks likely with ball in hand. Seems to be at his best when being used as a decoy for a cut-out to Manu.

Mannering Deserves the 3 points - his best game of 2010
Packer gets the 2 for me plays strong and has found his feet at prop this season
Luck gets the 1 disspointing about that nasty gash, I dont think he will be back this season

Tate should get minus 2847847928 points

He was a friggen turnstyle who let multiple line breaks through his mosh defence, lucky Tupou was cleaning up after him

Surprised by all the Maloney love.

He's the very reason we are in the Top 8 without him we are 11th or 12th place IMHO - yeah he has had a couple of bad games but has played more good games than bad ones.

I agree with you on Seymour, he really needs to step up, I've had my doubts with buster and if he doesnt step up goodbye to him and hello Isacc John for next season (maybe even a Johnson debut?) Buster might respond better by giving him some pressure to perform so I wont cross him off completely just yet

Meth

Staff member
BTW- aside from one brain explosion, I didn't think Moon was too bad. He was better than Tate

Rich102

Staff member
BTW- aside from one brain explosion, I didn't think Moon was too bad. He was better than Tate

That's the way I saw it too.
Tate is over rated as a centre and I think the Cows will be disappointed.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Get your hand off it, I like how this comes out after a loss....didn't see the Tate is overated and not a great centre, and that Moon is sh*t after last week. Infact I think most people were praising Moon and Tate. Manu didnt have a great game this week...he must be overated:roll:

ozbash

Referee
Get your hand off it, I like how this comes out after a loss....didn't see the Tate is overated and not a great centre, and that Moon is sh*t after last week. Infact I think most people were praising Moon and Tate. Manu didnt have a great game this week...he must be overated:roll:

:lol:

well, Einstien,,, the purpose of this thread is to rate players performances for this round,, not last weeks...

now back to molesting your hand...:sarcasm:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
old Kumara Junction saying

'You cant see the forest for the trees'

I'm sure theres one from Reefton coming soon...:cool:

Forest= the fact Cleary's "gameplan" makes our halfs peripheral at best, irrelevant at worst

Trees= Maloney is a likeable little ginger scrapper who tries hard

Fast Eddie

First Grade
:lol:

well, Einstien,,, the purpose of this thread is to rate players performances for this round,, not last weeks...

now back to molesting your hand...:sarcasm:

Well acutally I said into response to the comment that Tate is over rated and the Cowboys aren't going to be happy with the buy you f**king idiot.

Rich102

Staff member
Well acutally I said into response to the comment that Tate is over rated and the Cowboys aren't going to be happy with the buy you f**king idiot.

Points I stand by.

Tate is a better winger than centre - he goes for the line and rarely sets up his winger. (A point noted by a few on this forum.)

Over the past three years he has been injured for two. (Not his fault.) But hardly a good purchase for the Warriors.

This year he is lying 11th in our POTY standings with 4.27 points. Hardly deserving of Marquee status.

I hope he goes well for the Cowboys - but he has lost a fair bit of speed and I think they will be disappointed.

For the record I think Moon has played well both of the last two games. (And said so this week in my 3-2-1)

Rich102

Staff member
And the winners this week are:

Mannering 23
Maloney 16
Packer 15
Matulino 5
Luck 4
Rapira 2
Mara 1

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Edit: Just found something suggesting he is Tokelauan, must be about the first Tokelauan NRL player? I was actually asking cos he looks kinda Melanesian and I can't recall us bringing through any Fijian or PNG players before.

Costo referred to him as Melanesian last night and said his grandparents came from Vanuatu. Can't think of many/any Kiwi league players of Melanesian descent before.