What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v Panthers

TheDMC

Bench
Panthers played well and we were shithouse. Season over.

3- Matagi
2- Friend
1- Rapira

Get a new captain - Mannering is still a crap captain.
Find a better version of Neilsen - faster.
Find a mongrel back rower
Need a more athletic outside back - Manu, Hurrell and Laumape are too similar power players. We need fish back, a defensively well trained fish.
Elliot, a conditional pass mark, but can't see him creating a well oiled machine that can win a premiership, wouldn't mind if he takes a director type role next season.
Looking forward to Tomkins coming, Locke is good but not consistently great.

Aragorn

First Grade
you want to give points after that game?

surely-you-jest.jpg

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Panthers played well and we were shithouse. Season over.

3- Matagi
2- Friend
1- Rapira

Get a new captain - Mannering is still a crap captain.
Find a better version of Neilsen - faster.
Find a mongrel back rower
Need a more athletic outside back - Manu, Hurrell and Laumape are too similar power players. We need fish back, a defensively well trained fish.
Elliot, a conditional pass mark, but can't see him creating a well oiled machine that can win a premiership, wouldn't mind if he takes a director type role next season.
Looking forward to Tomkins coming, Locke is good but not consistently great.

Nielsen isn't being replaced. Bukuya will be a good add to our second row. Games like this, against the Sharks and even last week as well is why I think Tomkins will be a big upgrade at fullback. Locke does a good job defensively and defusing bombs but can't create much in structured play, Tomkins chiming in on second man plays is going to be huge. Plus hopefully he'll actually go looking for offloads.

captainwarrior

Juniors
Again that was a f**king disgrace. But Friend was awesome.

3 - Friend
2 - Rapira
1 - Leuluai

Matulino blew that game, as good as he's been all year why did he not pass to Rapira who was free under the posts? I mean we didn't deserve to win and that was a shithouse performance, but that would of won us the game and kept our season alive.

Edit: Forgot Leuluai, but honourable mention to Matagi.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Aragon, enough with the f*n pictures already nobody finds them funny.

3. Friend
2. Leulaui
1. Matagi

Hon mention Rapira

Nobody else played like they gave a toss.

Abdullah

Juniors
You'd think after getting pasted by the Panthers in the last game they would play with some determination today...effort was pathetic.

3. Matagi
2. Friend
1. Leuluai

-3. Mateo - he was missing AGAIN...how long does Elliot put up with non-performance from one of his "star" players
-2. Matulino - he is turning into a living and breathing marshmallow...too soft and no sting in his runs
-1. Vatuvei - clumsy version of Manu has returned.

Micistm

Bench
Friend-Matagi-TL

Basically the only ones who fronted like they gave a shit in a lazy inept performance when everything was there to play for. Panthers to their credit played like their season depended on it.

I want to see some fire from Elliot, some of our players need another crisis meeting. Probably too late now, but something needs to be done. ****ed if I'm going to make a special point of watching the final few games live, and wasting time I could be enjoying the weekend with instead

Something has to be done about the officiating, it was flat out incompetent the entire weekend. WTF is wrong with them?!

Scorpio30

Bench
Again that was a f**king disgrace. But Friend was awesome.

3 - Friend
2 - Rapira
1 - Leuluai

Matulino blew that game, as good as he's been all year why did he not pass to Rapira who was free under the posts? I mean we didn't deserve to win and that was a shithouse performance, but that would of won us the game and kept our season alive.

Edit: Forgot Leuluai, but honourable mention to Matagi.

Yeah, the gap was yawning.

Benek

Juniors
No points today. Abysmal performance doesn't deserve it.

I will say Packer would have never scored that try! Matagi has been great.

If we couldn't get motivated to play a mediocre, injury hit team, at home, in a must win situation, we well and truly don't deserve the finals. Shows we haven't really come that far form the beginning of the season.

Between the refs and the Warriors performance that may have been the most frustrating game to watch all season.

Diesel

Referee
Missed it all except for a few mins just before 1/2 time, glad I didn't waste my time.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
So disappointing, if we couldn't beat the panthers lets forget about finals this year. Thought Rapira was very strong today. We need more from the bench IMO.

I agree with Fast Eddies comments re Tomkins and what he would add to this side.

Rich102

Staff member
3. TL. The only half working today.
2. Friend - reduced contract; increased effort. Legend.
1. Matagi.

jaseg

Juniors
3 Matagi
2 Friend
1 Nielsen - for having the good sense to get the f*** out of there early :p (seriously though no other real standouts for me)

Interesting to note that despite us being absolutely crap and undeserving of the win those 6 points from the ridiculous panthers forward pass not called by the refs ended up making the difference. Frustrating.