What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Panthers

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tevaga stands out, because imo a fair chunk of the rest of the pack are lazy

When the Warriors were stuck at their end in the 2nd half, it was the outside backs and Jazz doing all the hard yards, I watched 4 sets in a row 2nd half and he was the only forward to touch the ball, no sign of Blair etc leaving their edge to take a tough carry

Green tried, but he was dreadful as well, he and SJ combined for a club footy level kicking game, nearly the worst I've seen at NRL level, aimless, thoughtless and poorly executed for 80mins

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
On defence, doing heaps is good. On attack however, its about effectiveness. Doing heaps of hit ups isn't always good. We need real powerful forward drives.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Sorry. I don't get the Tevaga love. Our props went off at 20 and Jazz came on. At that stage we were leading. We need big bodies on the field.

Kearney has to take a fair bit of stick. His rotation is flawed and too predictable. And he has to get over his Kata fixation.

People will respond by saying no one else is putting their hand up to take the hit ups. How do you know that when Tevaga is always parking himself at first or 2nd receiver. He should stay out of it. Hes a limited player in the Nathan Friend mould and i dont see him as our lock going forward into 2019 at all.

This has been a pattern for the second half of the season. The first (better) half of the season was notable for using a 4 prop rotation, with big bodies in Harris and Pulu in the second row. Sure Pulu's injury threw the balance out, but the second half of the season has been notable for big minutes for Blair, Mannering, Papali'i and Tevaga. No other team in the NRL would look at that and be intimidated. Not even taking the lack of physicality into account, the balance is just all wrong. The last 6 weeks have seen Mannering and Tevaga receiving the ball way too much on the 4th and 5th!! tackles when we're inside the opposition 20. Johnson and Green/Lino should be handling the ball every time, every set, inside the opposition 20 from the 3rd tackle onwards. Play too often dies with a pointless and ineffective hit up late in the count.

Big Marn

Juniors
yeh i think the best we looked was when Pulu and Sao were in the rotation. Then Pulu got injured and hasnt been been able to get his spot back. Whatever Sao did to f**k off legendary coach Kearney i guess we will never know..

Blair

Coach
yeh i think the best we looked was when Pulu and Sao were in the rotation. Then Pulu got injured and hasnt been been able to get his spot back. Whatever Sao did to f**k off legendary coach Kearney i guess we will never know..

Yeah, I forgot about Ligi last night. He would've been good out there, not only does he run hard at the defence he's got a reliable offload too, the kind we needed in the second-half when it was all about finding some spark.

In fact, a Ligi Sao offload to Jazz, then Jazz to Harris, who finds Fus in space, and Johnson's lurking back in field...

Gee, we were ineffectual. I didn't once think we were going to score in the entire second 40 minutes, well maybe when Beale had that overlap with seven minutes to go...

ozenzud

Juniors
People are venting because we lost. There were 4 mistakes with the warriors, which isn't bad really. Just Penrith had Maloney (and Cleary) who took advantage of the errors and played classic finals footy. Up till the first of Kata's mistakes, I thought we had Penrith's measure.

The four critical mistakes were Kata's PTBs, Blairs offload and Luke's kickoff. Penriff (Maloney) just took advantage of all 4 and we hardly touched the ball afterwards.

The individual and team effort cannot be faulted. And thats why I was not ripping in after the loss. They had a go and were beaten on the night, not by a better team, but by a team that played better and took there chances.

3. Harris - just consistent
2. Hiku - handled kikau and Waqa for a while and then fill in well
1. Jazz

All in all, good season compared to where we were the year before and looking forward to next year. Which I wasn't really excited at the start of this year.

Benek

Juniors
3. Harris
2. Paasi
1. Hiku

Jazz to me a really tough call. I appreciate what he does on defence. And I appreciate his energy. But on attack he's simply too ineffective. For every nice little offload he does he's also good for one or two errors plus one or two penalties.

Partly I put this down to SK using him incorrectly. If he could play back row instead of pretending to be a prop. I think he'd be a darn good player. If we could go back to a 4 prop rotation I'd want to keep him as a bench player. But if SK insists on not having enough big guys, I just can't see how we persist with Jazz in his current role. Him and Mannering unfortunately both had the ball too much, when we needed Shaun to step and up get the ball through his hands more often.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
People are venting because we lost...
All in all, good season compared to where we were the year before and looking forward to next year. Which I wasn't really excited at the start of this year.
Well if you haven't noticed we seem to vent out frustrations, oh I don't know, maybe its...EVERY time we lose!

I do agree about us having a good season and I guess I forgot that. Especially when I look back at the start where I completely wrote us off due to my disbelief in our pack. I asked myself a few weeks back 'could we win it' and the more I analysed and compared our team to the rest, the clearer the 'no we cant' became. I was wrong about us at the start of the season and so to finish 8th has exceeded my expectations. Yeah we did good.

Still disappointed when I think about that game, probably the most boring game of the finals as well.

sup42

Juniors
3. Paasi
2. Harris
1. Hiku

I thought for a man under a lot of pressure from Penriths attack that Pita genuinely tried his heart out.

Paasi and Ah Mau will give the Warriors a competitive edge up front next year, finally. One brings the intimidation and the other brings the work load.

Paasi is crazy. He is not one of these fake tough guys like Napa Or JWH....he and Bunty have zero fear.

Hon mention to Bunty who has had a great season for someone so young, holding the team together with those high energy charges.

Notice how none of the opposition forwards really try to go on with it with Paasi ? they stay at handbags jersey grab level, he's got Mike Tyson looks and the high pitched creepy voice.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Tohu Harris

Harris 25
Paasi 20
Hiku 13
Tevaga 13

Gavet 5
Mannering 2

13 voted

Blair

Coach
Congratulations Tohu Harris

Harris 25
Paasi 20
Hiku 13
Tevaga 13

Gavet 5
Mannering 2

13 voted

Thanks Meth. No doubt we'll formally thank you in Zero's 'Forum Awards' thread (after this year's GF) but I'll get in now. It's an ace job you do.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts