What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

-3 -2 -1 v Raiders

TheDMC

Bench
-3 Maloney - missed two straightforward one on one tackles for two tries
-2 Johnson - leading no-one around nowhere
-1 Pretty much everyone else

Micistm

Bench
None from me this week- And I want to take the Warriors windbreaker I just bought back!

I can't believe how flat and rubbish they were. Bluey & Iro need to get together and tear strips off these guys-Win or lose...you ****ing SHOW UP!
Hope they enjoyed their trips to the fun parks

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Can't tear strips off guys when you yourself don't actually put the best guys on the park in the right positions.

jeffrow

Juniors
is it me or was that the first week Iro has been on the field this season?

-3 tupou
-2 roptai
-1 maloney
0 manu

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I honestly don't think Johnson was that bad. He could do with some more touches but our whole attacking structure and decision-making/execution outside him is terrible. Not sure if that's coaching or Johnson himself failing to direct his troops.

Brando

Juniors
Friend in the top 3 WTF????
Watch the game again!
Missed tackles, stupid passes, miss-reads, greedy runs....what the hell?!?

1. Taylor -tackle-a-holic.
2. Inu - um, well coulda been......if he was allowed to play.
3. The Ref - no wait...he was the best player in the other team, my bad!

3. (take two) Mannering.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Johnson is defending terribly currently, good idea to put him alongside Ropati! That'll help.

hitman82

Bench
Yeah the defensive combo of Ropati, Johnson, Vatuvei and Brown/Mateo is disgraceful. Also doesn't help when we are missing our fullback.

3 - Ta'ai; at least he tried to put some venom in his hits
2 - Lousi
1 - Friend

Izz

Bench
3. Matulino -- we looked competitive with him on the park.

Not sure on anybody else. Maybe Mannering. When Johnson decided to turn up with 15 to go he went all right. Pity about the previous 65 minutes.

We need a lock who can dominate in the tackle. Not one who grabs a guy and waits for his teammates to put him to ground.

Maybe Bluey's got himself mixed up and is giving the boys kava before the game instead of after.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Johnson created both of our tries and made several other opportunities and linebreaks/half breaks. I also don't recall any terrible touches or kicks from him. I know there's a more subtle dimension to the 7 role which perhaps he isn't performing but I don't see how he was demonstrably poor today. We all know he can't tackle.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah the defensive combo of Ropati, Johnson, Vatuvei and Brown/Mateo is disgraceful. Also doesn't help when we are missing our fullback.

3 - Ta'ai; at least he tried to put some venom in his hits
2 - Lousi
1 - Friend

If there was one tiny positive it was that I think Tai''i had his first decent/good game of the season.

Micistm

Bench
Can't tear strips off guys when you yourself don't actually put the best guys on the park in the right positions.

Yes you can- If the team you select does not show up you read them the riot act. You drop the nice guy image, take a leaf from Haslers book and start hurting dressing room doors. Yes, you have a point that there are questions about players/positions, but the players are not exempt from what happened on the field. The players that played last week-all of them- should want to make ammends- should have more self respect than to turn up looking hungover. That was dire.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Johnson created both of our tries and made several other opportunities and linebreaks/half breaks. I also don't recall any terrible touches or kicks from him. I know there's a more subtle dimension to the 7 role which perhaps he isn't performing but I don't see how he was demonstrably poor today. We all know he can't tackle.

The chip and chase in our own half?

But I do agree he is one of only a couple players that offers too much on attack.

Friend in the top 3 WTF????
Watch the game again!
Missed tackles, stupid passes, miss-reads, greedy runs....what the hell?!?

1. Taylor -tackle-a-holic.
2. Inu - um, well coulda been......if he was allowed to play.
3. The Ref - no wait...he was the best player in the other team, my bad!

3. (take two) Mannering.

He tried his ass off, only mannering and Ben M did as well

Izz

Bench
He was dangerous every time he touched the ball. But it looked like he only really wanted to play with 15 to go. Suddenly he stepped up and was directing the team around and calling plays, whereas before he was letting Maloney and Mateo run the play.

Perhaps it's a confidence thing, but he needs to be calling the shots the whole game.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yes you can- If the team you select does not show up you read them the riot act. You drop the nice guy image, take a leaf from Haslers book and start hurting dressing room doors. Yes, you have a point that there are questions about players/positions, but the players are not exempt from what happened on the field. The players that played last week-all of them- should want to make ammends- should have more self respect than to turn up looking hungover. That was dire.

Maybe they don't want to play for the guy, have no respect for him. Has happened plenty in the past, especially in US sports, soon as the coach goes the whoile attitude of the players changes. Could be a possibility.

Latest posts