What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Sharks

Meth

Staff member
Can't remember a worse performance from a ref since that game against the Tigers. Unbelievable. I hope Kearney spends some club money tonight.

3- Paasi
2- Papali'i
1- Luke

HM- RTS, Tevaga

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
That refereeing was on par with the Tigers game in 2011.

Totally disgraceful.

Too hard to do a 3,2,1

vvvrulz

Coach
3. RTS
2. Luke
1. Paasi

Refs were garbage but I think too much is being made of it, our own performance was shoddy at best. Our first two tries were essentially gift wrapped to us. Missed tackles, terrible edge defence, stupid knock-ons; refs or not, we play well and we win that.

Tigers game was SO much worse, it's an entirely different thing when we're giving it 100% and getting raped.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I’m the first to whinge about the refs but apparently this was the refereeing stitch up of the century and yet I didn’t really notice tbh

Maybe it’s because the result feels like a reasonably fair reflection of the game. Or maybe I just remembered to take my meds

Honestly Paasi was miles offside on the charge down so they probably should’ve been knocking 2 over for the win instead

Meth

Staff member
I’m the first to whinge about the refs but apparently this was the refereeing stitch up of the century and yet I didn’t really notice tbh

Maybe it’s because the result feels like a reasonably fair reflection of the game.

I think 15-14 was a reasonably fair reflection of the game.

Warriors started well and they earned all of their points.

Sharks played better than us for a lot of the game, but only scored 4 points legitimately- although I missed Paasi offside. Will have to look for it

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
3. Paasi- huge standout imo
2. RTS
1. Tevaga- maybe not really 3rd best but it amazes me how he manages to make an impact through the middle

Can’t give Luke points, it’s underrated how bad of an error that is imo. You have to know the rules there.

Beale is very bad at bringing the ball out of his own 20 and that’s a big problem for us. Set ruiner on tackle 2

sup42

Juniors
Paasi has been our best prop since about his Fourth game, which is a relief since he started poorly after injury.

3. That man Paasi
2. RTS (defence wins games, not this time sadly).
1. Not as clear cut I'll go Luke.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Just some thoughts..

Beale is either at centre or ISP. Just not big or fast enough for the flank. We need at least one monster on the wing.

Fusitua is so important to this team. I reckon he is starting to have an SJ effect on the team in the sense that when he plays, the rest of the team, especially the spine, grow an arm and a leg coz of the confidence they have in him being able to finish off plays.

I love Tevaga and his energy but he has to get that error out of his game asap. Always happens at the worst times.

Game an wise, it seemed we played very side to side, would have loved to see us get up the middle a bit more.

All in all though, it was quite a resilient performance. Gutted to lose but swings and roundabouts, we've gotten out of jail a few times this year, time to give one back.

3. Paasi
2. Papaali'i
1. RTS

ozenzud

Juniors
I was enraged by that reffing last night. You have gotta cop to odd bad decision. If the forward pass to win it was the only mistake on the night, you'd wear that as bad luck. Refs make mistakes. But last night that was such a barrage of one sided decisions, it was impossible to enjoy that game.

3. Paasi, best game
2. Tevanga
1 Luke.

Can't let it go. Am so angry.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Luke. Huge effort - Big mistake. Still deserves the points. Hope they re-sign him soon.
2. RTS. Captain courageous.
1. Paasi.

We still give away far too many penalties.
Tevaga tries hard but too often takes the wrong option and kills momentum.
Johnson still not wanting to play straight. And his first instinct is to kick, even when we have an overlap. He was outplayed by the Chad last night.
I think we missed Blair last night.

The loss of Harris & Afoa will hurt us.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Paasi
2. RTS
1. Luke

Very hard game to get over, I was very angry last night, that reffing performance was abysmal.

Benek

Juniors
3. Paasi
2. RTS
1. Luke

- We missed Fus and Ken so badly to get our sets started. Beale in particular is worthless at hitups.

- We dropped too much ball and made silly errors.

- Kicking game by both SJ and Green sucked - straight to Val almost every time.

- Refs had it in for us.

If even half of one of those things went better, we did enough to win the game despite looking like the worst team for 60 minutes.

It's so soul destroying when you know the refs really cost us two points. I'm not one to often bag the refs, it looks childish, but in this case it was warranted. Did coach have a spat for $10K after? I might have. You can forgive one or two bad calls. But the Sharks got all the 50/50 calls, plus some that were 75/25 in our favour. Just not acceptable.

morningstar

Juniors
3. RTS
2. Paasi
1. Gavet

Bad way to lose but we got dominated for long periods of that game. When the blowtorch gets applied by the professional teams we have no way of arresting it and changing the momentum.

That bench was gash. It’s a bit rich blaming the Denver test, when you leave the bloke supposed to be spelling the jet-lagged, exhausted, hooker carrying a shoulder injury on the pine for 80 mins.

Reactions: JJ

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Whilst i can agree, you got no help from the refs, it is also not like you were heaps better, was a close game, calls become far more important.

We always hang in, but sometimes we get smashed too, this game niether side deserved to win or lose.