What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v stains

spider

Coach
millersnose said:
an amusing anecdote

when watching the 1st try a fellow forumer turned to me and said 'a kimmorley kick for a simmo try...that'll annoy some forumers'

lol

it certainly has

lol - farkin funny bloke that guy was millers

Surely

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Very good. After 6 years at the club, he needs to. lets see if he can string 2 good games together this week.

6 years hey, well i'll be buggered

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nuffs said:
how many of Noddy's downlfield kicks found space last night?
by space i mean that hit the ground before the stains picked it up?

usually by space, I mean any part of the atmospher higher than 4 metres above sea level.
in that respect, none of his kicks found space.
In respect of bouncing before being pickey up, did any? I remember the kicks going directly to players everytime , over the dead, or out on the full.
Fortuitous results have masked a disgracefully below par kicking game.
simmos catch was freakishly good. he should have gone off at that point. He provided no roll on from Dummy half scoots, dropped a ball cold in our own 20, and amazingly missed 2 tackles.

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
He provided no roll on from Dummy half scoots
not easy when the defence is granted to lay on in the tackle so their line is set

his dummy half runs were 2nd hit up - he did ok bar the ball he lost cold

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
more excuses for Simmons. he was dominated in every hitup. undenaibly dominated & the opposition pleasured in rubbing his face into the ground.
No way can we do without fraser on that wing or somebody strong or agile enough to make the ground, then keep it & play the ball quick.

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
more excuses for Simmons.
more flames at simmons
he was dominated in every hitup. undenaibly dominated & the opposition pleasured in rubbing his face into the ground.

lol - crap

course he was - especially their wing defence

No way can we do without fraser on that wing or somebody strong or agile enough to make the ground, then keep it & play the ball quick.
his play the ball speed was fine

his hit ups on 2nd tackle were as good as you can when a line jumps at you as a result of a slow play the ball

he was strong enough to hold his ground - if anything his urgency for a quick play the ball lead to his error

carcharias

Immortal
3 = Bird ( for trying to grab hold of the microphone when getting M.O.T.M award )
2= Kearney ( for scoring 2 try's that Drafgons fans would be spewin about ..HAHAHA)
1= Loo Loo ( for thinking he weighs 30 kilo's more than he does.)

There were a few close calls that went our way ...but it was about time.

Pom needs to concentrate on the catching of the football and disregard the incoming defence.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
spider said:
his play the ball speed was fine
it was perfect if you dont want to miss any action while making a cup of tea.
spider said:
his hit ups on 2nd tackle were as good as you can when a line jumps at you as a result of a slow play the ball
more excuses. Fraser & cov dont have those problems.

spider said:
he was strong enough to hold his ground - if anything his urgency for a quick play the ball lead to his error

now that is funny borderline ridiculous. Not only because it is a fabrication, but the fact you havent defended Gallen.

he was crunched everytime, & they rubbed his face in the dirt & he made no metres after running 15.

Strong enough to stand his ground!!!

hahahahahaahaha. he has never stood in a tackle in his life.!!

millersnose

Post Whore
Nuffs said:
how many of Noddy's downlfield kicks found space last night?
by space i mean that hit the ground before the stains picked it up?

if the coaches directions are to bomb then bombs will happen

paid off too

his long range kicks kept them down in their own half

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
it was perfect if you dont want to miss any action while making a cup of tea.
those lenses need cleaning reefy

now that is funny borderline ridiculous. Not only because it is a fabrication
course it is - everyone is bagging simmons today

those who mentioned his game must be mad

Strong enough to stand his ground!!!

hahahahahaahaha. he has never stood in a tackle in his life.!!
maybe i should have said - 'forced back', cause if he did, im sure we would all know about it by now

its nice to be fluffy after a win - but its one game i agree, which had room for improvement, but why all the barbs today - do you need a hug reefy?

My thoughts are as a team it was a pretty cohesive effort... with reservations. we should have had more points on the board by 1/2 time.
My best votes go to:
3. Birdy. Well done young man. Both for attack and defensive efforts.
2. Luke Dougie. Our backs wouldn't have done what they did without his 110% effort for the match. Just watch the replay and you'll understand why he got my 2 votes.
1. Noodles Kearney. Brilliant attacking play. Got a treble and made the defense look foolish all night.
Commendations: Gallen 1st game back very solid and will get better. Leaping Luke Covell I'm amazed week in week out with his defense, just wish he'd learn to kick straight and get 100%!!!! Noddy best game he's had for quite a while, come across as confidence player. When we click like that he steps up a gear. Staples, good and solid off the bench made up well for early mistake. Seymour. (footy) Ought to see more footy in next few weeks. Solid debut for us and still finding Sharks feet.

I know I shouldn't but my raspberry awards go to:
Reece Williams. Did some useful things but a bit pedestrian at times. Can play better.
Kinga. Probably overshadowed by Noddy & Noodles performance but needs to lift.
Sticky. For not getting the team to play like this for us against the Titans!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
just sticking to the facts.
I am more concerned when we are winning most times because it is entirely possible to win & still have glaring deficincies.
deficiencies that are as predictable as a 10 game losing streak, teh sacking of an illy appointed coach or 2.
if Sticky is on his game, he would have seen last night those deficiencies more than the positives.

millersnose

Post Whore
perhaps

perhaps he would be satisfied that some of his tactics...like the high kicks yielded such good results

perhaps getting the backline motivated to run at gaps instead of playing extreme safety like they did under roper will encourage him to further try some riskier play

spider

Coach
further more - 'players in motion out wide'

great to see - certainly puts the defence in 2 minds as well as increasing options which anderson and pom both experienced last night

as opposed to the 1 runner at a gap that quickly shuts down

Special K

Coach
just on Thompson he was a animal on d. Not one dragon wanted to run near him and when they did he gave it to 'em.

The Shire

Juniors
I was really impressed with Douglas hes awesome. Fraser was good aswell. Bird is king if he doesnt get a look in for origin its a disgrace, Did ya see the smile on his face after he hit morris and was getting tackled. Also was Thompson having a go at one of the queens after he put a good hit on.

1 Bird
2 Thompson
3 Kearney

Latest posts