What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Storm

Meth

Staff member
3- RTS
2- Paasi
1- Afoa

Thought Maumalo, Tevaga and Satae had some good moments- and some not so good moments.

A few frustrating moments from the refs, but we had our chances and we weren't good enough. Still, not too bad without Green and Harris.

Big Marn

Juniors
We had our chances but the younger players cracked under the pressure. ie Tevaga, Kata, Maumalo,Lino, when cool heads were needed.

Tavaga in particular lacks the consistency that i would like for an NRL player. Too much rocks n diamonds.

Luke going off was the beginning of the end as Johnson refuses to take games by the scruff of the neck like a Johns or Langer would. Thats why he will only ever be remembered as an above average player only.

With Cummins as ref its always 14v 13 anyway.

3 RTS
2 Afoa
1 Paasi.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Yip, fair to say that SJ is not up to the standard of literally some of the best halves of all time, not many are!

RTS
Jazz
Maumalo

No Green really hurt us today, Lino did a few things right but several poor misses. Luke for that last 30 min would have been great, and hopefully with Pulu and Harris back in the next few weeks should help us push for a 4th or 5th spot finish

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
3 RTS
2 Maumalo
1 Johnson

Maumalo made some cock ups but was our best go forward man

Johnson is a bit of a token and maybe contentious one but I thought he seemed really up for it today? He seems to be copping a bit of a bagging. He wasn’t getting a lot of help.

I struggle to give any points to the forwards as it was another one of those games where we were constantly narrowly losing the grind and having to play against the momentum all the time. Everyone had a dig but we were just going backwards a lot and struggled to get momentum on attack

JJ

Immortal
3. RTS
2. Maumalo
1. Mannering

Pretty much everyone was solid, forwards aimed up well. Just beaten by s slightly better team. Both teams would want to be better than they were today

Benek

Juniors
3. RTS
2. Big Ken
1. SJ - I wish he would have taken more control in the second half, but I still feel he stepped us his involvement a lot with Green out.

Leber

Bench
Wait what? Jazz???

That guys does more harm than good IMO. Good for one or two completely brain dead errors every game, and it a total handbrake in attack. I thought he was one of our worst today!

Jazz was one of our better players tonight.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3. RTS
2. Maumalo
1. Beale

I guess that wasn't a bad effort with Green and Harris out. But we had enough opportunities to put that game away, need to be more clinical if we want to be contenders. Shaun has to wear some of that.

Benek

Juniors
Jazz was one of our better players tonight.
Honestly I don't see it. Someone please explain his value. I get he has footwork and if the quick, mobile pack is our strategy he fits the bill. But to me he doesn't have the speed, power, or ball-playing ability to do any damage. Plus as mentioned the 1-2 shocking errors each game, which always seem to come at pivotal times. More rocks than diamonds for me, and even the diamonds aren't that shiny.

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
Honestly I don't see it. Someone please explain his value. I get he has footwork and if the quick, mobile pack is our strategy he fits the bill. But to me he doesn't have the speed, power, or ball-playing ability to do any damage. Plus as mentioned the 1-2 shocking errors each game, which always seem to come at pivotal times. More rocks than diamonds for me, and even the diamonds are that shiny.

Im talking about tonight, not his value overall.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
3- RTS
2- Paasi
1- Afoa

Thought Maumalo, Tevaga and Satae had some good moments- and some not so good moments.

A few frustrating moments from the refs, but we had our chances and we weren't good enough. Still, not too bad without Green and Harris.
x2

And next time I say Ken got killed by Vunivalu in the air, just leave at that. Ok Methrrey.

Big Marn

Juniors
Im talking about tonight, not his value overall.
i think he tackles himself into the ground which causes his brain to not compute. Last week he was far better when less stressed. Tonight the crazy offload to Mannering in traffic and the stupid offside just came at absolutely the wrong times. Hes been doing this all year unfortunately, when under the pump.

sup42

Juniors
3. Ken
2. Gavet
1. Paasi

hon mention Beale...good to see him get some of his pace back today....

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Wait what? Jazz???

That guys does more harm than good IMO. Good for one or two completely brain dead errors every game, and it a total handbrake in attack. I thought he was one of our worst today!
Jazz was a spazz today. He absolutely sucked. You're absolutely right.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
...Tonight the crazy offload to Mannering in traffic and the stupid offside just came at absolutely the wrong times. Hes been doing this all year unfortunately, when under the pump.
That was CRUCIAL as, and it just looked absolutely dumb that he gave it to a well marked Mannering. We lost our momentum through that.

Its shouldnt be hard to find 'dumb Tevaga' posts in the game thread.

Latest posts