What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Titans

Meth

Staff member
Not a good game from Berry. Arthars looked good.

Taylor was pretty poor. Massive defensive liability.

Another week with massive issues out wide.

Grizzman

Juniors
3 - Curran
2 - AFB
1- Tevita Harris

HM Egan, Jazz, Walsh, Bunty

Berry - learn to count brother!

Too many errors cost us this game. We looked good in the fight ... till we turned the ball over or dropped it.

Benek

Juniors
3. Curran
2. Egan
1. CHT

Curran is too good for us. Tries his ass off and always comes up with something special every game, only to watch the rest of the team throw it away.

Taylor had some nice grubbers - some of the few times we managed to build pressure. But defensively he's a mess and didn't help steer us around in the second half when we needed it the most.

CHT still hasn't nearly reached his potential, but had quite a few nice moments today and shows some starch in defence. He's way ahead of Nikorima for me. But still so much lacking from a true first grade half.

Berry was in lala land today. Arthars outshined him. We are so so weak on both edges it's killing us. No power, no finishing ability, no defensive trust or positioning either. God I'd love to have prime Fusitua back, or pre-drugs Manu. Or even just a journeyman who has half a brain and a little speed.

Walsh was just about the only player that looked dangerous and creating attacking options, but he had absolute butterfingers. Too many rocks with those diamonds.

We are in desperate need of completions and leadership. We need the mental fortitude to not layer f**k ups on top of f**k ups by consistently letting opponents out of their half with a penalty EVERY SINGLE TIME we make an error at the disastrous ends of our sets. We need to learn how to take anything but the worst possible options at the end of our sets (or in some cases, take a poor option on tackles 3 or 4)!

The whole team needs to learn some patience and grind. We'll create plenty of chances of we cut out all the brain explosions, silly penalties, and dropsies. They are hardly giving themselves a chance. Our own worst enemies as usual.

Just wait until we play a top 4 team. It will be a blowout. We're only staying in the game because both the teams we've played so far are terrible.

Meth

Staff member
CHT still hasn't nearly reached his potential, but had quite a few nice moments today and shows some starch in defence. He's way ahead of Nikorima for me. But still so much lacking from a true first grade half.

To be fair, he hasn't even really had a chance to serve an apprenticeship. We've come unstuck when we have expected him to be a senior half without any of the development that it takes to become a senior half. Ideally, our halves will be Harris Tavita/Johnson

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Curran
2. Egan
1. AFB

Walsh looked rusty but at least willing, Montoya and Berry were a mess. Really keen on the halves to get some game time together and settle down, I suppose SJ/CHT will be what we go with in the end.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Curran
2. CHT
1. AFB

HM: Egan. Best game all-round game I've seen from CHT, Egan
improving all the time, put Aitken back to centre, Walsh rusty
and had butterfingers, will be better for the run. Hope Lodge
is ok for next week.

Blair

Coach
3. Curran
2. Egan
1. Blake.

I want to say Johnson would've made the 'two-point' difference for us, but I know that is equally unlikely to have been the case.

The Warriors, as they are, must be so bad for league in New Zealand. I can only imagine how appealing union must be, as if it needed any boost from the rival code.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3. Curran
2. Egan
1. Blake.

I want to say Johnson would've made the 'two-point' difference for us, but I know that is equally unlikely to have been the case.

The Warriors, as they are, must be so bad for league in New Zealand. I can only imagine how appealing union must be, as if it needed any boost from the rival code.
Yep. It's got to the point where I don't think we can justify having them in NZ. Our pathways are non-existent (for coaches and players), and there's waning interest across the board. No doubt COVID has made it worse, but there's just an absolute lack of interest that I don't think will be remedied by them being back at Mt Smart. I shudder to think what the crowds will be like in a full home and away season if we're losing.

It's honestly about time to say base them in Australia, and have them play 4-5-6 'home' games here. At least we might be able to develop and attract talent if they are able to live in their own country. There are a few guys in the team now that won't ever pay a week of rent in Auckland, they just won't want to live there.