What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1. VS cheating Mexican merkins

Eelementary

Post Whore
3 - Mahoney: 50+ tackles, passing back through the ruck, engaging markers, smart runs, crisp passing, great kicking, and helping hold up NAS.

2 - Gutherson: the King saved several tries, and was everywhere.

1 - Nathan Brown: I felt he really added some energy to help get us back on track in his second stint.

parra pete

Referee
King Gutho
Reid Mahoney
Nathan Brown

The 'despised' Eels...Moses, Lane, Kidwell, Arthur, Sivo, Fergo...gave solid performances..Brad outcoached Bellamy..Kidwell defence pattern stood the test. Great game, most enjoyable.
Terrific to hear the Sivo, Sivo chant again.....Loved it..

Bandwagon

Staff member
Hard to leave a few blokes out but...

3: Moses, kicking game outstanding and turned a number of low metre sets around with his long kicking game

2: Mahoney, agree with all @Eelementary says above

1: Gutho, kept us in the game in the first half with a few try saves, and just immaculate under the high ball.

Unlucky, Sivo, Nrown, RCG, Paulo

Happy MEel

First Grade
f**k, this is hard. Maybe...

3. Gutho
2. Moses
1. Mahoney

It hurts to leave Junior and Sivo out

Gazzamatta

Coach
At the game Papas energy was enormous yet again. This guy makes a difference.
3. Rheed
2. Gutho
1. Papa

hindy111

Post Whore
3.RCG - 170mtrs and 39 tackles in 53mins. Broke 4 tackles and 60PCM. Surprised many left him out. Brilliant game. I felt he was difference when ON/OFF the field.

2.Guth - His try savers earned him points.

1.Sivo - Very powerfull charges and 2 great trys. Hard to leave out.

Marata,Papali,Mahoney,Moses all just miss out.

84 Baby

Referee
Imma put this weeks rudiment player stat analysis here. It actually makes some interesting read for players people thought did well. Of course it was wet weather football but an error is an error and a missed tackle is a missed tackle. Also NRL track support plays and decoy runs but I can’t find those from last night, only there season totals, so they’ll be very rough guesses.

Gutho - 14 runs, 118m, 4 dummy half runs, 1 TB, 8 tackles, 1 shit one, 3 try savers, 1 error, 7 support runs
His try savers were clearly his standouts but other then being generally safe and solid, Gutho really didn’t do much and thinking back on the game it lines up. The support runs though could indicate he was restricted by weather and us being more conservative with ball.

Sivo - 2 cracking catches, 2 tries, 17 runs, 164m, 1 LB, 6 TBs, 4 bombs defused and 1 lone tackle
While watching I thought he was trying but because he ain’t light on his feet, Scum were easily muscling up on him. But he kept going and didn’t disappear like last week. Chasing that bomb may just be the greatest thing Sivo has done for us.

Opacic - 13 runs, 94m, 1 TB, 5ish support runs, 19 tackles, 1 half shit, 1 shit, 1 really shit, 1 derp
I like him but I couldn’t help but feel Menko (or Waqa) scores that try. Benefit of doubt on the miss on Reamus for weather

Niukore - 13 runs, 116m, 41PCM, 6 TBs, 23 tackles
These stats are great and what everyone saw on display but for those calling for him to be permanently there (yes wet weather caveat)
4 missed tackles, 3 passes, 1 error
If it’s pissing down next week, sure that stat line might be ok, but in dry conditions I think he’d be a liability at centre. Still Marata is f**ken awesome.

Fergo - 20 runs, 114m, 38 PCM, 2 TBs, 8 tackles, 1 shit one (at least he touched JAC), 4 errors
I think 2 of the errors were pushed passes, other than that Fergo worked hard for little reward, mainly because as I pointed out Niukore only passed 3 times which meant of Fergo’s 20 runs, only 1 was classified as a normal run. The others were hit ups or kick returns.

Drown - 42 possessions, 56 run metres, 5ish support runs, 5 kicks for 198m and 1 TA, 37 tackles, 5 shit ones, 2 errors
Did his job, didn’t push many passes. I thought at the time his effort to get across field after Moses got tackled on 5th deserved some reward and it ended up the opening try. Still he needs to put away his Penis Torpedo Commemorative Gloves.

Moses - 47 possessions, 60 run metres, 4 TBs, 5ish support runs, 16 kicks for 591m and 1 TA, 18 tackles, one really shit, 1 error
I don’t know about you guys but a pissing down Thursday night vs Scum, I was fully expecting a game where we struggle to get out of our 20m. I’ve got to assume Moses (and Rheed and Gutho) had a big say in that not happening. We absorbed and countered really well and then Moses kicked the everloving shit out of the ball. I can’t recall their backs getting to run onto a kick. He and Opacic weren’t on same page on Reamus but

84 Baby

Referee
Paulo - 1 well targeted try, 12 runs, 91m, 2ish decoy runs, 4TBs, 32 tackles, 2 shit ones
Not a dominant display but there were times you could really see him working to get into a position especially in defence to take on their big men. And then of course got into position to run at their small men. I want to rewatch it because I think that try was actually signalled 2-3 tackles before.

Rheed - 6 runs, 42m, 1 TB, 1 LBA/TA, 2 kicks for 91m, 59 tackles, 10 shit ones
Stats say he had a shit game... 6 runs merkin!?!? Stats clearly don’t show the amount of times he got clear of the ruck. Joey warned everyone of Bmith going one way then turning it back to Papjdnrzen. Oh well fire with fire merkins. That period in first half where Rheed had us cranking them back up middle was sexy as f**k. And those kicks were superbly timed. Missed tackles came about because he was trying to tackle every Scummer.

RCG - 17 runs, 154m, 60PCM, 3 TBs, 39 tackles, 6 shit ones
I’m with hindy on this. Not enough praise for RCG in the votes. He struggled for traction in first half but I reckon all his post contact metres came in 2nd half. He coming back on was a f**ken ambush. Absolutely ripped them apart.

Lane - 12 runs, 104m, 50 PCM, 10ish support runs, 41 tackles, 7 shit ones
Much improved! Plays so much better when he doesn’t drop ball

Matto - won’t give his stats. They probably would’ve ended similar to Lane. It wasn’t an edge runners game

Nrown - 16 runs, 135m, 1 TB, 40 tackles, 10 shit ones, a six again conceded for abusing Katfusi
I thought we were living on edge with him steaming onto passes and then popping passes at the line, but can’t blame him for being risky if he doesn’t make a mistake. I mitigate his missed tackles because he was the only one to abuse Katfusi

The Non-Merkin Kaufusi - 7 runs, 58m, 4ish decoy runs, 26 tackles, 5 shit ones, 1 error
Thought he was called on against their starters more this week. We didn’t get horrendously worse with him on but I still feel he needs to go to another level.

Papali’i - 9 runs, 72 tackles, 2 TBs, 43 tackles, 2 shit ones
Merkin not putting in!! But seriously he didn’t need to do much. Reckon Matto will be out next week. Have zero qualms if Papali’i moves into start.

Hipgrave - brought energy but not stats. Did one cracking tackle on Bmith I think it was.

Billy Smith - condensing 80 mins of just running around terrorising tired forward into 10 mins is perfect for Smith. Nothing onerous, just run and dance through gaps. I think that in dry conditions with some heads up support runners will create heaps of opportunities