What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 vs Filthy Cheating merkins.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Is that when he took a bomb & prepared to get smashed but there was nobody within about 8m of him?

Our kick chase was very poor last night & maybe it was a reflection of our tiredness?

I’m not a chad bagger, I like him but his long kicks down their throats every time didn’t help.

He kicks too high to try & get distance but that allows them more time to get underneath it.
Yeah that's the one. Val got called out of it.

Hard to kick well behind a badly beaten pack, but he was back to 8 weeks ago last night. His halves partner was poo.

taipan

Referee
Had that feeling playing with busted players, players who have had little break compared to the Storm who had that extra week, then they threw in the man mountain and the Chambermaid, we were against it.
Losing Gal and Wado, we were behind the 8 ball.
Think we should have got a penalty try for Slater';s effort against the Fekster.
We bowed out albeit not the way I wanted it, but I got decent value from these guys in 2018,
and I intend to be back next year to stick it up the refs, to laugh at the Sloth as he walks by, to see who we get to replace Loots,Lewie,Lee,Ramien,Paulo.

ALWAYS NEXT YEAR

I share Taipan's sentiments. We have a pretty strong club overall at present, we have 2 grand finalist lower grade sides, good talent coming through to replace the outgoing talent.

Also last night reminded me of how shot the Cowboys were when we played them in the prelim final in 2016, and we'd had that week off.

Pilot house

Juniors
The lads thought they were playing union with all those offloads in the second half.

But you’d rather have them freaking out and risking stuff at 18 zip than playing like purple darleks.

Only one side was playing footy with a bit of sparkle and enterprise last night. The other happened to win.

Even if gal and wade had played....

I wish Bellamy would retire. He’s wrecked the game. Rorting roosters close behind.

At least billy is rubbed out.

Inferno

Coach
Throwing it around was indicative of a lack of calm and composure. If we played our normal game which is more forward than sideways and focussed on building pressure we'd have been fine.

Instead one flat footed person threw it to another flat footed person allowing the storm to slide and defend easily.

We were starved of opportunities in the first half it wasn't a matter of our game plan not working.

Pilot house

Juniors
I
Throwing it around was indicative of a lack of calm and composure. If we played our normal game which is more forward than sideways and focussed on building pressure we'd have been fine.

Instead one flat footed person threw it to another flat footed person allowing the storm to slide and defend easily.

We were starved of opportunities in the first half it wasn't a matter of our game plan not working.

The game had gone and they were keeping the ball alive. I thought it made sense. They didn’t wait until the 70th either. I duff my hat to them planned or not.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I

The game had gone and they were keeping the ball alive. I thought it made sense. They didn’t wait until the 70th either. I duff my hat to them planned or not.

They didn’t look winning the game by doing it though. Maybe that should of been the chapter used from the playbook for the whole game because in the cold light of the ‘morrow, Melbourne didn’t handle the offload game. 6-2 us in the second half plus Noodle’s disallowed try.

Pilot house

Juniors
They didn’t look winning the game by doing it though. Maybe that should of been the chapter used from the playbook for the whole game because in the cold light of the ‘morrow, Melbourne didn’t handle the offload game. 6-2 us in the second half plus Noodle’s disallowed try.

Well the second half didn’t look very slick or pretty, but there was an attractive sense of urgency and effervescent bold defiance of the Purple Daleks. Even bellyache said his brainless puppets had a rough second half.

It was like watching the frightened villagers take on frankenstein.

Last edited:

Latest posts