What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 vs Knightmares

Big Sam

First Grade
3 - Issac, best game of the season
2 - G.Burgess, dominant yet again
0.5 - Sutton, showed Supercoach Schnoz why QLD will win
0.5 - Keary, impressive on debut

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
3. cannonball luke
2. burgess (the non suspended one)
1. farrell

Bumble

First Grade
Gotta go Issac - 3, George - 2 and Sutto - 1 as well.

Pretty clear cut this week imo

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
meh.. after less than one and a half seasons, i'm kind of in the same mentality to be quite honest..

lets hope he proves me wrong, but i'm not holding my breath..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
hopefully the keary news just after the queens birthday long weekend helps us a bit though..

SaraSassypants

Juniors
RLW Mole has said today it won't happen. Souths won't release him. So don't hold your breath on that one either ;-)

Big Sam

First Grade
Seriously Muzby - use some logic.

Put yourself in the shoes of Keary. Do you wait another season or so to be your side's starting 6 with superstars like GI and a great coach in Maguire always there to assist you; or do you go straight into the starting line-up of a club in the midst of a significant roster overhaul (and the pressure that entails) with a ignoramus like Chinless to 'coach' you?

It's really a no-brainer...

Aaron_sfas

Juniors

Put yourself in the shoes of Keary. Do you wait another season or so to be your side's starting 6 with superstars like GI and a great coach in Maguire always there to assist you; or do you go straight into the starting line-up of a club in the midst of a significant roster overhaul (and the pressure that entails) with a ignoramus like Chinless to 'coach' you?

I think Keary will see a bit more first grade this year too

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

i can see it two ways and both ways he heads our way..

first view - objective. every club goes through their success cycle. as i replied to your post in the dragons thread - just two years ago this very weekend, bookies started paying out on the dragons to take out the minor premiership. we were in exactly the same place you guys are now.. but then look what happened.

anyway, as i was saying.. objectively.. he's at a club in the middle of it's success cycle, which is maybe one, two years at best in a premiership window. he is of no guarantee to crack the squad. eg. if sutton moves to the back row, who gets shifted out?

or.. he can head to a club who is re-building, should be back in contention within one-two years and where he is guaranteed a starting spot.

and then the second view - he's gen Y, and by nature this generation is typically impatient. so why wouldn't he go somewhere that he can play first grade now?

Big Sam

First Grade
he's at a club in the middle of it's success cycle, which is maybe one, two years at best in a premiership window.
Personally I think we're at the beginning of our success cycle in which we have 2-4 years to win a premiership.

Plus it's not just success. Look at who he will be playing with - GI, the Burgess brothers, Issac...

Partnering Widdop's a good enticement but he's pretty much the only enticement from a potential teammate point of view.

he is of no guarantee to crack the squad. eg. if sutton moves to the back row, who gets shifted out?
Crocker and Roy are going. Sam will replace Roy in the front row and Sutton will go to 13. Problem solved.

In fact, having Sutton at 13 playing that English-style (e.g. Farrell, Sinfield) lock role makes us even more potent than we are now.

BranVan3000

Coach
Fact is, Keary is signed till 2014, and he will only move on if the club allows it. And we have no other halves for depth. He won't be released, we can't afford it.

He just made his debut too

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Crocker and Roy are going. Sam will replace Roy in the front row and Sutton will go to 13. Problem solved.

when was the last time crocker was even in your starting 13?

and have you forgotten about burgess (L)? he's due back at some point.. and he's a prop..

and if burgess (t) is even half as good as his doppelganger, he'll move into the pack at some point too...

face it, it's a shame to lose a good junior due to no opportunities, but that's football and we'll give him every opportunity to shine at our club..

you should be happy for him..

hell, i can think of at least 4 centres playing in the NRL at the moment who left the dragons because they couldn't crack the cooper/gasnier partnership (even the 'lesser morris' playing for canterbury..) it's a shame they aren't in our side, particularly at the moment, but nothing can be done now about it..