What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Knights

Big Marn

Juniors
halftime in the roosters-souths game so will put in my 2 coppers.

3 RTS
2 Ken
1 Fus

HM's. Luke, IP, Paasi, Beale, Kata

Didnt think much of Green and SJ tonight. Seemed to be ending up with the wrong player at the end of sets. Would love to see this side get more clinical. So much possession but dont use it well enough.

Meth

Staff member
3- Maumalo
2- Tevaga
1- RTS

HM- Blair, Gavet, Luke, Mannering

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
RTS did a ton of characteristically great stuff with the ball in hand, but I wasn't crazy about his positional play tonight.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3- Ken
2- RTS
1- Luke

But the most pleasing thing is HMs to absolutely everybody else (well except a Hiku who only got a token appearance, not his fault). Nice to see a game where everyone dug in and played a solid, disciplined game resulting in a comfortable win.

JJ

Immortal
Real hard one. That back three are key to us. Halves disappointed me a bit

3. RTS
2. Maumalo
1. Mannering

HM Gavet, Fusitua, Papali'i

sup42

Juniors
3. Gavet. Welcome back mate....been a while since he lead our Pack.

2. RTS....back three were insane....Roger using his freak step with some good passing.

1. Could go to a lot of players....I will go SJ.

Not Johnsons best game...but he wisened up and strangled the Knights with in goal kicks....about the only thing tactically that looked like grown ups play.

One Warrior

Bench
3. RTS
2. Maumalo
1. Gavet

Best game by Gavet just about, his picking up just in time for the finals hopefully, HM's to just about the rest of the team.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Not Johnsons best game...but he wisened up and strangled the Knights with in goal kicks....about the only thing tactically that looked like grown ups play.
I think we're one of the leading teams in the comp for repeat sets so I wouldn't be surprised if the Knights had that on their tip sheets. We had a lot of poor 4th and 5th tackle plays and that included blocked grubbers intended for the in goal. I never seen so many blocked.

Pearce wasnt that great either. Well actually he got one grubber into our in goal and Guerra knocked it on. Other than that he opted to bomb away to Fusitua which he defused all night without any real pressure.

Blair and Fus try was nice.

Rich102

Staff member
3. RTS. Showed some nice touches
2 Green. His influence and composure is huge. He is why we are so much better this year.
1 Ken. 10/10 for effort

A good team effort.

Blair

Coach
3. Sheck
2. Mann - I hate it how he's often forgotten when we win
1. Blair

Echoing the others, why waste our wings? Fus is making errors, is that because he's rusty and/or frustrated?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Deserves props for nullifying Ponga too. Every time a kick went his way he either had to chase after it or it was high up in the air so our chase (often led by SJ himself) could hammer him before he could get those feet moving.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3. Sheck
2. Mann - I hate it how he's often forgotten when we win
1. Blair

Echoing the others, why waste our wings? Fus is making errors, is that because he's rusty and/or frustrated?

I thought they were trying to feed Fus last night, one try and another that could’ve been but the execution was off. We know what the problem is with Ken, but at least greedy guts had a good game himself.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. RTS, 2. Ken - just astonishing numbers from these two especially when you consider they're not 'easy' backline yards running 80m to the try line
1. Tevaga - again incredible work rate and gets my points for general attitude and never phoning it in

Not a single bad player on the park, importantly we lose almost nothing with that bench.

Feels like Gavet's overcoming what was hampering him before and is coming into peak form.
Once we get Harris back that's a very solid lineup.

Not sure why people weren't thrilled with SJ and Kakariki, sure a few kicks went astray but they really kept the Knights pinned and showed excellent control.

The only flaw is we probably had another couple of tries in us, but that will come if we continue doing the basics right.

3 Rts
2 Maumalo
1 Green

Im no Nostidamus and i used to harp on about Maumalo last season nut f**k me is he the most improved player in the comp