What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 - 2 - 1 vs Manly

Rich102

Staff member
Agree with all comments above.. I didnt think much of Lousi but he was outstanding.. Everytime Hurrell ran with the ball i was on my feet.. Great to see him run into Watmough and put him on his bum!!

Ominous signs of better things to come this year. This is the first time for a long time i can remember that we attacked well at the start of the season.. Our Defence was good for Round 1, but our error rate was Shite! Problem is, our leaders (Manu etc) were the ones who created the errors. if we took all our chances i.e. knock ons when we at Manly try line we would have easily won that game... However manly took their chances and deserved to win..

One thing to note guys - we seemed a fitter side then manly and our attacking play was superior. Manly had a game plan and took full advantage... Cant wait for round 2, normally i sulk after a loss but not this time as I know there is better things to come...

Welcome along Highflyers. Good points.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Apperantly after the game McClennan was going on about how well Henry played and that he will see a lot of game time this year. Wouldn't be supirsed if he is picked at centre over Inu again. Stupid.

Meth

Staff member
re Manu. He had a shocker (2 tries aside). Too many errors and terrible defensively. I haven't given up hope on him- we all know he has one or two of these games in him a season and Round 1 is an ok week to get it out of your system- providing he gets it out of his system. He was the standout mule, but there were other mule performances- particularly wearing jerseys 1 and 6.

Rich102

Staff member
The results are in. Scores checked.

Johnson 50
Mannering 36
Hurrell 31
Lousi 17
Brown 2
Packer 1

22 people voted.

Rich102

Staff member
I don't like the idea DMC.

These guys train and play hard. They go out to do their best. They know if they have a bad game. I don't think we need to rub their noses in it.

That is just my opinion - it's your choice.
Let's have some feedback and if necessary I will run a poll.

ozbash

Referee

These guys train and play hard. They go out to do their best. They know if they have a bad game. I don't think we need to rub their noses in it.

yea, lets keep it positive..

Micistm

Bench

Well said that man, totally agree. Personally I don't want to vote in a 'shit player of the day' thing. As you say, these guys would feel it themselves, it would be like having '**** up of the week' go up on the notice board at work!:lol:
You can mutter about a player that might knock on and cost you a game, it's human nature to have a wee rant. But then you forget it and remember you are a team SUPPORTER. Not fan, like a fairweather one, but you stick with a team win or lose. The only time I would get stuck into a player is dishonour- Such as a SBW type, or dirty cheap shots (Isaac Luke of recent times). Even then you still don't 'Boo' them- one of the worst things IMO that left me cold was when so called team supporters Boo their own team members- like Logan Swann copped a couple of years back. That is disgraceful.
While on a subject of disgraceful- booing an oppositions national anthem is poor form as well. I do not understand why we had national anthems at the Warriors Eagles game, for club sides in an Aussie comp- But those little pricks booing the Aussie ones left me cold:x

ozbash

Referee
While on a subject of disgraceful- booing an oppositions national anthem is poor form as well.

It wasnt a national anthem, it was a bunch of wannabe performers trying to sell tickets to their show,, and had the wrong country!!

I sat, I booed, I felt ok about it. In our area (ASB Stand) I counted about 50 people standing, I thought they must have been confused.

Stood up for our one though...

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
Okay okay, I'll take the 'dud idea of the week' award but won't get too sensitive about it. Great to hear that our opinions/polls from the forum are posted on the Warrior's changing room wall.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
They do.....thats how I pretty much single handly got Inu back in the team. I'm almost an assitant coach now.

Latest posts