What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 vs Roosters

I liked Halligans new 7 tackle game. Seriously those monkeys up in the cinnamon box tonight put in their worst ever performance..... I think at one stage the ref motioned held up and DJ said it was coming upstairs.

I enjoyed the "HERE COME THE WARRIORS" when Roosters made a break!

Evil_Mush

Juniors
6911382.jpg

3 - Hurrell for leaving Mini in his wake & that awesome blow-a-kiss celebration (was that directed at the crowd or at a Rooster?)
2 - Mannering for his standard defensive awesomeness
1 - Manu for breaking the streak of no-tries and some good running & hits

Micistm

Bench
Hurrell- Johnson- Mannering

Good game, bit too close for my liking. Nice firey end. Some head scratcher decisions going both ways-sometimes they just totally seem like they're on another planet.
JRo- felt very sorry for the poor bugger.

MKEB...

Staff member
3. Mannering-Just keeps on truckin
2. Johnson- if not for the two tries, for sitting SKD on his arse and also out jumping him bwahaaha
1. Hurrell A menace on attack, and really trying to up his work rate.

Someone mentioned earlier Benry was quiet, yep...But he made sure SKD was kept quiet.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
We're not going to be much of a contender later in the playoffs if we don't do something about our edge and goal line defense.

shinobi

Juniors
I think Locke at the back wouldve stopped that Moga try and saved that try where Maloney got outjumped at the back (was in Mini?).

Skram

Juniors
3 ~ Johnson: outstanding, 2 great tries
2 ~ Hurrell: 2 tries, held up over the line and a good break early on (undone by a silly attempt to pass but he learnt from it and just put his head down from then on out)
1 ~ Mannering: Held on to a fair few tough hospital passes, great defence and seemed to be in the refs ears a bit more tonight.

Vatuvei unlucky not to get pts. Loved the scrappiness towards the end, the Roosters forward pack aim up against us. Matulino was targeted but dealt well with it.
Mara looked comfortable enough, I like that he's more of a sniffer-out of offloads than Friend or even most of the backs, which without Locke out there we're a little lacking, too many Matulino and Mateo half breaks have been going unrewarded because when they turn their heads to pass there's noone there.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
3. Johnson
2. Hurrell
1. Mannering

So what was the rush to resign JRo? Haven't seen a head/knee injury like that since Hohaia's days. Even before the injury JRo was gun-shy of any balls on the ground.

Close game but too many mistakes. (Tetro is an egg.)

Izz

Bench
3 Mannering
2 Packer
1 Hurrell (though his defense was shown up a bit this week, but no worse than if JBro had been there instead)

Last point was a toss-up between Johnson and Hurrell for me, but Hurrell just gets there. Johnson wanted a hattrick so bad, though :D

Thought we missed Friend's service around the ruck a bit.

Thought Mateo had a good game, actually. Didn't overplay his hand, able to make good metres even once tackled because tacklers are more concerned with stopping the offload than bringing him to ground.

Had a quick looks at the stats on nrl.com, and i reckon they've dudded Matulino out of a few tackles (and Packer out of a few metres). Seems Big Ben only ever makes 17 or 19 tackles a game :crazy:.

Masoe is a thug. And not even a smart thug, like JWH. Just a plain dumb thug. Ta'ai shouldn't have got up swinging, but it looked to me like Masoe was trying to eye-gouge him.

Watching the game again this morning, i thought the commentating was pretty bad. I liked Husband last year doing the U20s, and i still like him doing the U20s this year, but his FG commentary just seems all over the place. And Halligan gets worse every week. Loved his wondering why Hurrell threw an offload after his early break when he should've 'just gone for a quick play.' It was last tackle, Daryl. If anything he should've put a kick through.

Anyway, tough battle. Perhaps lucky to get the two points, though without that late try it would've looked convincing, but i reckon a win like that will help the team much more than if we'd thumped them by 20.

AliN

Live Update Team
Just watched the game on tele after being there last night.. Certainly see it a bit differently.?.

Johnson
Mannering
Taylor

Blair

Coach
We're not going to be much of a contender later in the playoffs if we don't do something about our edge and goal line defense.

A telling stat is, since the Souths game when we supposedly turned it all around, we've conceded exactly 100 points in those four games.

Sure, we've scored more, but 100 points in four games? I just feel nervous as hell with that. You're right, in the finals (if we get there) this defence won't cut it.

_addict

Juniors
Just watched the game on tele after being there last night.. Certainly see it a bit differently.?.

Johnson
Mannering
Taylor

Yeah, I hear you about seeing it a bit differently. At the game I thought Maloney's general play was pretty good, on the telly his errors stood out, a few of which were poor play, many of which were unfortunate.

After the first 7 or so minutes I was a bit worried about Hurrell's game, but he came right. Is he really that fast, or was the defence real slow on his long range try?

Ta'ai really climbed into it as the game went on. I probably would have given him points, but then he undoes the good work of an agressive run with an amatuerish reaction.

3 - Mannering
2 - Johnson
1 - Hurrell

ozbash

Referee
At the game I thought Maloney's general play was pretty good, on the telly his errors stood out

I thought Jimmy had a shocker, admittedly he spent a lot of his time out of position.

JRo was well on his way to having a shocker as swell...

_addict

Juniors
I thought Jimmy had a shocker, admittedly he spent a lot of his time out of position.

JRo was well on his way to having a shocker as swell...

Prior to the change of position he was good. His goal-kicking certainly was:)

hitman82

Bench
3 - Hurrell. His breakaway try swung the momentum our way when the Roosters were about to stomp us into oblivion.
2 - Johnson. He's the f**kin man. Amazing player. Can never overstate how good this dude is.
1 - Mara. Should have saved us a try in my opinion. Good service and running game.