What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 games in

Te Kaha

First Grade
One very crap game
One onesided thrashing
One outstanding game.

Average start to the season so far.

kavaholic

Juniors
WOW. That match had it all and thoroughly deserved to be the season opener.

God i like the look of my blues this season. Ranger, Mealamu and Kaino were all outstanding and our forwards look very formidable.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
watched the second half of blues/crusaders. it's a shame that there's only maybe five or six games in the entire super rugby season of that quality.

shiznit

Coach
watched the second half of blues/crusaders. it's a shame that there's only maybe five or six games in the entire super rugby season of that quality.
with more local debry's... you would expect to see more of them this season... mind you... we might get another game like fridays.

Im happy with the blues... they came back strong... looked good. its too early to make predictions yet... but were looking okay.

good to see the Taniwha boys going good... Ranger & Payne.

as ive said on here plenty of times... Northland bias aside.... Jared Payne is a bloody good footballer. he would walk into a lot international sides IMO...

African Monkey

First Grade
A very good 2nd half for us which got us home. We weren't too bad in the first half apart from the little errors we made on occasions but we certainly weren't 13 points worse than the Crusaders.

Kaino had a big game on defence, Toeava was outstanding as usual, Rokocoko worked hard for 55 minutes and Mealamu led the way up front. I didn't like Ranger's positioning on defence in the first half which led to the Crusaders first try. It must have been tactical playing with the compressed defense which the Crusaders exploited in that first half.

Oh and Adam Whitelock :lol:. Seriously, how is this guy playing for a super rugby team let alone the Crusaders. He is awful.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the thrashing was always on the cards imo

a new team, never played together before against a very professional outfit

I just cant believe some of you actually tipped the Rabbles

skeepe

Immortal
3 weeks in and one thing is obvious: the refereeing is worse than it has ever been.

Poor and incorrect referee decisions have directly cost the Brumbies 2 victories. Why are the South African whistle blowers so f**king terrible?

Te Kaha

First Grade
3 weeks in and one thing is obvious: the refereeing is worse than it has ever been.

Poor and incorrect referee decisions have directly cost the Brumbies 2 victories. Why are the South African whistle blowers so f**king terrible?

Poor play and internal fighting is more the reason the brumbies keep losing.

Parra

Referee
Disorganised, poor discipline. A culture of blaming others when things don't go their way.

skeepe

Immortal
Poor play and internal fighting is more the reason the brumbies keep losing.

Poor play does not net you 4 tries to 1.

Poor play does not excuse an unbelievably incorrect ruling by that arseclown Kaplan that directly gave an undeserved win to the Rebels.

The facts are if the refereeing had not been substandard, the Brumbies would be 3 from 3, regardless of what is going on off the field.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Poor play does not net you 4 tries to 1.

Poor play does not excuse an unbelievably incorrect ruling by that arseclown Kaplan that directly gave an undeserved win to the Rebels.

The facts are if the refereeing had not been substandard, the Brumbies would be 3 from 3, regardless of what is going on off the field.

indiscipline equals poor play.. if the brumbies didnt cheat they would have won... the fact is their players just arent up to it.

Parra

Referee
That one particular penalty was ridiculous.

The same bloke landed one on Cooper last week and the penalty was......nothing at all.

So a swing changes the result of a match, but a hit doesn't even get noticed.

Still - he is an idiot and an example of the problems at the Brumbies.

skeepe

Immortal
indiscipline equals poor play.. if the brumbies didnt cheat they would have won... the fact is their players just arent up to it.

:lol:

You get more deluded with each post.

How is getting pushed by someone and then pushing them back cheating? Ma'afu got pushed by a Rebels player, pushed him back as gently as possible, and was penalised. FFS the original infringement was let go!

Incorrect refereeing by Mark Lawrence completely changed the complexion of the game last week too, this is just one example. After the Brumbies scored, the Reds kicked off and the Brumbies were then penalised for a non-existant obstruction... looking at the replay, Colby Fa'ainga kept his line running towards the ball, and while doing so was brushed by a quicker Reds player (who beat him to the contest) - and got penalised for it. The touch was feather-like at best. Completely changed the momentum of the game.

As I said, that's just one example of many. If the Brumbies really were as ill-disciplined as the penalty count suggested, well I could accept that. But they weren't - far from it in fact. In many cases they were penalised incorrectly, and the referee must wear that.

Te Kaha

First Grade
:lol:

You get more deluded with each post.

How is getting pushed by someone and then pushing them back cheating? Ma'afu got pushed by a Rebels player, pushed him back as gently as possible, and was penalised. FFS the original infringement was let go!

Incorrect refereeing by Mark Lawrence completely changed the complexion of the game last week too, this is just one example. After the Brumbies scored, the Reds kicked off and the Brumbies were then penalised for a non-existant obstruction... looking at the replay, Colby Fa'ainga kept his line running towards the ball, and while doing so was brushed by a quicker Reds player (who beat him to the contest) - and got penalised for it. The touch was feather-like at best. Completely changed the momentum of the game.

As I said, that's just one example of many. If the Brumbies really were as ill-disciplined as the penalty count suggested, well I could accept that. But they weren't - far from it in fact. In many cases they were penalised incorrectly, and the referee must wear that.

Referees always penalise the retailiator... its been happening since the game started.. happens in League as well... had Ma'afu not pushed him back he wouldnt have been penalised the Brumbies would have won... simple fact is he did push him.. nobody to blame but Ma'afu.

And what about all the infringements on the reds attack, killing the ball or slowing it down... all in kickable position... THATS what lost them the game. if they didnt cheat they would have won.

skeepe

Immortal
Referees always penalise the retailiator... its been happening since the game started.. happens in League as well... had Ma'afu not pushed him back he wouldnt have been penalised the Brumbies would have won... simple fact is he did push him.. nobody to blame but Ma'afu.

So you think that a penalty is justified for pushing someone with the touch of a feather?

Idiot. I'm done debating with you because you're clearly stupid.

And what about all the infringements on the reds attack, killing the ball or slowing it down... all in kickable position... THATS what lost them the game. if they didnt cheat they would have won.

The majority of those penalties were not justified. Lawrence apparently has a different interpretation of the rule book to everyone else.

Te Kaha

First Grade
So you think that a penalty is justified for pushing someone with the touch of a feather?
I dont remeber there being any feather.. he pushed him, he shouldnt have... he was penalised... simple.. end of story

Idiot. I'm done debating with you because you're clearly stupid.
Oh boo hoo skeepe.. Your team sucks... the cheat and get pinged.. get used to it.

The majority of those penalties were not justified. Lawrence apparently has a different interpretation of the rule book to everyone else.

No Lawrence had a different interpretation to YOU... most everybody else saw how much the Brumbies cheated.

GB!

Juniors
i love both codes, but at heart i'm a leaguey.
its funny tho, i can sit and watch every game of the super15 with great interest, but don't really give a crap about the league unless manly is playing...

as for the brumbies, they can go and get f'd.
i'm off the brumbies now, my adopted team the blues looks awesome when they're on-song.
mc alister, ranger & icey toes are fantastic to watch.
also think the centre pairing of SBW & robbie fruean will the allblack centres.

gee i'm enjoying watching the blues, 'saders and the sharks play this year.

super 15 rocks!

p.s. brumbies are their own worst enemy IMO, sure they had one bad decision, but that team should be doing better. looks like gitz already has his mond on playing in france :(

skeepe

Immortal
This f**king merkin of a f**king referee has started early with his f**king of the Brumbies... that was the worst call for a yellow card you will ever see, given that the Crusaders were offside at the kick off, the guy who was offside then knocked it on, and finally Giteau didn't actually infringe.

I'm getting f**king sick of these f**king referees incorrectly giving free points to the opposition. I hope this merkin chokes on his whistle. f**k!!!!

skeepe

Immortal
Ah of course, now he's found a way to walk to Crusaders down field for an extra 3 points by penalising the DOMINANT scrum.

This f**ker will stop at nothing to make sure the Brumbies lose.

He has been directly responsible for 16 of the Crusaders ill-gotten points (albeit responsible for 7 of the Brumbies through his ineptitude as well, although 3 of those are cancelled out by the Valentine miss, a miss that would not have happened had the f**ker not outrageously and incorrectly binned Giteau).

Looks like the Brumbies are going 1 from 4 - that must have been the message to the referee from the higher ups. Doesn't matter how they play, they must lose. f**king disgraceful.

Last edited: