What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 spots. 5 teams. 1 round. Who misses out?

BunniesMan

Immortal
The teams that could fall out of the 8 and the teams that could come in are:

6. Melbourne - 30 - +66
7. Canterbury - 30 - +8
8. Brisbane - 28 - +103

9. New Zealand - 28 - +96
10. Parramatta - 28 - -90

The relevant games:
Melbourne v Brisbane
Canberra v Parramatta
Gold Coast v Canterbury
Penrith v NZ

Who misses out? Parra are the long odds team. But face an easy opponent. Brisbane and NZ are the interesting ones. With the for and against so close, Brisbane faces the unusual situation of being in the 8 heading heading into the final round and they could still miss out on the finals even if they win. NZ playing on Monday will know precisely what they need to do to make it.

For the first time in a decade Melbourne's spot in the finals is not firmly secure in round 26. Besides their own opposition in Brisbane, every other team below them has a softer game.

I'm actually going to go for the shock prediction. Melbourne to lose to Brisbane, New Zealand also to lose, Canterbury and Parramatta to win. Parramatta will be in the 8. Melbourne will miss out along with NZ.

EDIT: I realize I've screwed up the maths. I change my mind with my prediction. The 8 will stay as it is but Melbourne will drop to 8th.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
The Broncos don't face an unusual situation, if they win they make the finals because they would jump the storm on the ladder.

Parra can't make the eight and Melbourne not. If Melbourne lose and para win the storm will still finish higher because of f/a.

The only way the eels make the eight is if they win and the warriors and broncos both lose so your scenario doesn't make any sense!

Last edited:

footy75

Bench
I'm actually going to go for the shock prediction. Melbourne to lose to Brisbane, New Zealand also to lose, Canterbury and Parramatta to win. Parramatta will be in the 8. Melbourne will miss out along with NZ.

If Melbourne lose and NZ lose..Melbourne will still make it...

maple_69

Bench
By my calculations, if the Lions beat the Blues by 3 goals (or 6 runs), and the Broncos sign 6 more fullbacks, then potato.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Brisbane aint beating Melbourne in Melbourne, but the Warriors and Parra are no certainties anyway.

Charlie124

First Grade
The teams that could fall out of the 8 and the teams that could come in are:

6. Melbourne - 30 - +66
7. Canterbury - 30 - +8
8. Brisbane - 28 - +103

9. New Zealand - 28 - +96
10. Parramatta - 28 - -90

The relevant games:
Melbourne v Brisbane
Canberra v Parramatta
Gold Coast v Canterbury
Penrith v NZ

Who misses out? Parra are the long odds team. But face an easy opponent. Brisbane and NZ are the interesting ones. With the for and against so close, Brisbane faces the unusual situation of being in the 8 heading heading into the final round and they could still miss out on the finals even if they win. NZ playing on Monday will know precisely what they need to do to make it.

For the first time in a decade Melbourne's spot in the finals is not firmly secure in round 26. Besides their own opposition in Brisbane, every other team below them has a softer game.

You f**king dumbass.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Cowboys can drop out of the 8 if Manly give them a cricket score thrashing and the Broncos and Warriors post very high scores as well.

Highly unlikely though.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I'd love it if Titans, Brisbane, and Warriors all win. Then we'd have Bullgrubs and Pawwa out of the finals. What a dream come true. Won't happen though but one can hope.

Glen

Bench
Melbourne should beat the Broncos. Penrith will be playing to hold their top 4 spot if Melbourne win so I think they will beat the Warriors at home, although would not be surprised if NZ get up.

Parra v Canberra is a mystery with Parra's form all over the place this year. They struggle away from home but Canberra are truly rubbish regardless of their recent wins. I reckon the Eels will win then it's down to the Penrith/NZ game.

firechild

First Grade
NZ playing on Monday

a55.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm answering my posts on this thread based on its quality and ability to make me think rather than the OPs past behaviour.

I think Melbourne and Canterbury will both win. Penrith to beat NZ. Canberra to win the Supercoach Cup.

Canard

Immortal
Cowboys can drop out of the 8 if Manly give them a cricket score thrashing and the Broncos and Warriors post very high scores as well.

Highly unlikely though.

Is highly unlikely even the right wording? The Warriors need to win by 110+ and the Broncos 73+ combined with the Cowboys not improving there for and against at all.

That would be the greatest coincedence of events in all of world sports

Latest posts