What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30-16 New Zealand

In-goal

Bench
What a fabulous advertisment for Rugby League, 2 wonderful teams putting on an outstanding show.

Clinton Toopi 3 try hero

salivor

First Grade
All NZ tests should be played at either North Harbour stadium or Palmeston North, great venues for Rugby League test matches. That was a superb match and its great to once again be able to truely take pride in the Kiwis.

Toopi, Betham and Leuluai had blinders.

gaterooze

Bench
Congratulations, New Zealand!

I'm an Aussie and love *most* of the players on our team, but my wife and I found ourselves cheering for NZ to take it all the way.

Great game & a good shot in the arm for International League.

It was an entertaining game for the most part. A fantastic advertisment for the International game consider the climate of the Rugby codes at the moment.

But, I will not partake in saying it was a good performance by the Australians. I'm happy to say that the New Zealanders thoroughly out played them in all aspects of the game. They were much smarter in the build-up and deserved the win.

Costaki

Juniors
this game proved that rugby league is the greatest game of them all. i think union should take a look at how to play a fast and entertaining game cause there world cup has just shown up how to put up criket scores in a game of football.

great day 4 rugby league 2day

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Great game, good effort from both sides, I enjoyed it even despite Australia losing. Who said International Rugby League is dead?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm an Aussie through and through, but I won't cheer on the Kangaroos until they're actually a chance of losing. Today's game was excellent. If England can down us as well, then a World Cup would definately have a little more fuel.

The Aussies were awful, I'd scrap most of them and build a new team if I had the option. None of them seemed to give a royal right toss. Conversely New Zealand played outstanding football- especially when you consider they lacked a five eighth, halfback, fullback, and hooker capable of any amount of speed.

Chris

NPK

Bench
I was actually happy that New Zealand won..it's great to see International League be more than Australia winning everything!
I just hope Lockyer isn't badly injured..

Quint

Juniors
Costaki said:
i think union should take a look at how to play a fast and entertaining game cause there world cup has just shown up how to put up criket scores in a game of football.

Ok i am a Rugby league fan and have been for many many years but that was not an eye opener for the Union Code,not one bit....Lots of penalties and a fair share of mistakes by both sides.but I still enjoyed it.
Why can't league fans be a little more open minded and enjoy both codes,lets face it they are'nt that much apart and still sh!t on AFL :!:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Schooner Of New said:
Costaki said:
i think union should take a look at how to play a fast and entertaining game cause there world cup has just shown up how to put up criket scores in a game of football.

Ok i am a Rugby league fan and have been for many many years but that was not an eye opener for the Union Code,not one bit....Lots of penalties and a fair share of mistakes by both sides.but I still enjoyed it.
Why can't league fans be a little more open minded and enjoy both codes,lets face it they are'nt that much apart and still sh!t on AFL :!:

Why on earth would a league fan want to watch union, it's boring and nothing compared to league.
i'm glad the Aussies lost. Now hopefully they can get rid of that f**kwit Anderson, and change the team around!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
That was an awesome game. I am so impressed by Thomas Leuluai, i've decided to have in my team of 40 :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Great game, just wish we were playing a series against the Kangaroos instead of yet another one-off. Despite both teams having key players out, it puts some perspective on the 'post-origin beat up' mid season tests that did IRL no favours. Cant wait till next year :D

In-goal

Bench
Why can't league fans be a little more open minded and enjoy both codes,lets face it they are'nt that much apart and still sh!t on AFL
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Why must we like the other?

Take a look at the French post and then ask yourself about why League fans have a right to be one eyed.

p.s. thats the post refering to the standards of French sides.

zulu

Juniors
Schooner Of New said:
Costaki said:

We don't like yawnion because it's a very frustrating version of the game we love. Yawnion is like watching league with the pause button on all the time.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
We don't like yawnion because it's a very frustrating version of the game we love. Yawnion is like watching league with the pause button on all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In-goal

Bench
the crowd for the match was just over 21,200 pretty good crowd considering that onion WC is on.

RLIF Hudersfield Cup yes thats what we want.

Next years tri nations should be a cracker.

incredible_holc

Juniors
I probably hate the culture of union just as much of the game.
If theres anyone i hate more its those upperclass, private school, toffy, snobs who rely on daddy's empire, god it shits me.
This is why i clike AFL better than union because its culture is just the Melbourne version of league

In-goal

Bench
I think the AFL culture is embraced buy all in Melbourne, unlike Rugby League in Sydney due to the private school kids playing there onion.