What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

300 Rise of an Empire

Zoidberg

First Grade
Definitely looks related to 300.

Don't know if this lead will have the awesomeness of Gerard Butler's Leonidas though.

Generalzod

Immortal
Looks great. Eva Green titties out like Lena Headey?

Eva Green plays Artemisia who lived in the Greek city of Halicarnassus and was a Greek.

She appears to have behaved bravely during the naval battle off Artemisium, and advised against the naval engagement at Salamis. When this battle did take place and the Persian fleet was already defeated, her ship, trying to escape from a Greek captain named Ameinias of Pallene, rammed the ship of Damasitheos, who did not survive this attack. According to Herodotus, Xerxes had not seen how this happened and was unaware that the sinking ship was one of his own, and therefore praised Artemisia's courage.

http://www.livius.org/arl-arz/artemisia/artemisia.html

Matagascar

Juniors
Looks pretty good. The trailer for the first 300 was perhaps one of the best trailers for a movie I've ever seen.

Apey

Staff member
Be interested to see how this movie turns out considering the battle of Salamis was considerably "less epic" than the battle of Thermopylae. Thermistocles' involvement in this was much more strategic than physical as well, so it'll be funny to see if they dress him as some super action hero like Leonidas.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol.

Spartans.

Pussies.​
6fa04345753f1e2d530b1ec8ff06ea63.jpg

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have to be honest guys...... I hate 300 now.

I used to be obsessed with it.

But now I watch it............... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cheesy lines, terrible dialogue, every movement is in slow motion, the stupid struts when they walk away from mass destruction, the homoerotica. I feel uncomfortable watching it.

vvvrulz

Coach
I get the feeling the novelty will wear off this time with so many copy-cats appearing in between the original 300 and now.

Latest posts