What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3P Official Website Launched

planeteels

Juniors
One suggestion - the Eel in the 3P logo looks like crap. It looks like it's demented. Tell it to harden the f**k up.

And the Head of the Eel should be at the Top because the Head pointing down is actually a negative Image !!!

Oh..

And the Eel is Blue & Gold... not just gold :)

MAY GOD BLESS YOUR LITTLE COTTON SOCKS 3P... :)

eel4life

Juniors
Jodeci went off half cocked. Paranoia abounds... hopefully people will be back to their normal selves in a month's time :lol:.

Good point made by Gronk in the other thread that Josh Massoud mentioned the website but not the address... a google search for "Parra 3P" doesn't return the website yet either, so The Creastor might want to pay attention to Search Engine Optimization methods, given it's just a three week window to get maximum exposure for the website.

Bartman SEO strategies are well known, but seeing as the site only went live last night it does actually take time before any of this does goes through ...

so far i do not think your comments are bad actually fresh eyes on a website always see more, but hopefully people read and see that they have a plan ...

Seriously that article by Josh was bad, i mean we all want to see players and legends to be in the club, and to mingle with fans, that is something that i miss ... but again they need to nit pick on things ..

bartman

Immortal
They just added this for the members ...

http://parra3p.com/members.asp

At least the are listening to us and they are making the changes or trying to ...
Yep, that's the reason we're raising these errors and suggestions - Hellsy asked us to.

I knew people reading might take focussing on/mentioning errors the wrong way - and have recieved a PM about it. Hence my pre-emptive statement alongside one of the errors, which Hellsy in reply despite requesting help seems to have not appreciated for some reason. :?

But at the end of the day, posting the errors and seeing them get fixed is a good process that should help things - pity they couldn't have given some people who can help with that stuff a look at the website before it went live to do the same thing we've done afterwards in this thread, and then we wouldn't have been having this conversation, and focussing more on the issues raised (which is another story for another thread ;-)).

bartman

Immortal
Yeah champ I went off.

Everyone wants to know everything about everyone.

Why did Bob decide to stand down, health issue, etc

It's none of our business why Bob or Col decided to stand down or step aside. We dont need to know their backyard and what health issues he has, etc

Instead of wishing the bloke all the best, all we do is "Why? Did he have a fight with 3P? Perhaps Terry didn't want them part of the team, etc.

Fairdinkum, who cares.....
But I didn't raise a single question about why Bob (or Col) stood down, yet you went off at me for some reason? And claimed you knew who I'd be voting for, and was speaking on behalf of etc etc. You might have put your hand up for going off in a personal manner, but that post doesn't really read like much of an apology. Not a good look if you are posting in that style in 3P's name tbh...

[Personally I can't wait for some of the usually balanced and readable community of posters here to get back to normal after the election, put down their pom-poms and spin-cycles and instead regain their critical eye and discuss things without getting personal, or without over reacting when someone happens to say something that doesn't 100% tow the right party line... ok, that'll do me for my rant on the subject!]

To be fair, if there was a falling out, we probably should care about it given they are the guys wanting us to give them control of our club.
That's a good point, but as Col and Bob (and Terry) were good enough to come on here and post about it, so we should take them at their words. And wish Bob all the best with his health and recovery.

bartman

Immortal
Bartman SEO strategies are well known, but seeing as the site only went live last night it does actually take time before any of this does goes through ...
Yep sure, but as Strider said, the actual means of that happening (meta tags etc) were missing from the site at launch time.

so far i do not think your comments are bad actually fresh eyes on a website always see more, but hopefully people read and see that they have a plan ...
They're fixing up the site now to address the suggestions/errors, which is good since they only have 3 weeks left till the vote. Just making a point that if they had bug-tested the site on say Friday, then it would have been perfect for them at launch time and the 3P plans would be what people go on to discuss. That should happen from say tomorrow onwards once the site is operational in full.

eel4life

Juniors
Bartman fair enough ... after seaking to the guys the website changed from friday to saturday in the look of it, it was different the guy who built it was not comfortable with it and he changed it and new he was going to be under the pump but he is now fixing all the bugs there are, meta data is now in for 95% of the pages, and i think he is going to be using google add word campaign over the next weeks to build up the SEO for the website.

I just went to the eels website to watch the interview with anderson and i had to use my VM ware to watch it and that still took ages to load, i hate the bigpond website, i doesnt focus on the eels enough i do not care about the rest of it, parra tv before was better ...

anyways from what i hear the guy who built the 3P website has a website ready to roll out for the eels website.

fingers crossed they get in ...

fish eel

Immortal
But I didn't raise a single question about why Bob (or Col) stood down, yet you went off at me for some reason? And claimed you knew who I'd be voting for, and was speaking on behalf of etc etc. You might have put your hand up for going off in a personal manner, but that post doesn't really read like much of an apology. Not a good look if you are posting in that style in 3P's name tbh...

[Personally I can't wait for some of the usually balanced and readable community of posters here to get back to normal after the election, put down their pom-poms and spin-cycles and instead regain their critical eye and discuss things without getting personal, or without over reacting when someone happens to say something that doesn't 100% tow the right party line... ok, that'll do me for my rant on the subject!]

That's a good point, but as Col and Bob (and Terry) were good enough to come on here and post about it, so we should take them at their words. And wish Bob all the best with his health and recovery.

Oh the irony ;-) :lol:

Hellsy

Immortal
Yep, that's the reason we're raising these errors and suggestions - Hellsy asked us to.

I knew people reading might take focussing on/mentioning errors the wrong way - and have recieved a PM about it. Hence my pre-emptive statement alongside one of the errors, which Hellsy in reply despite requesting help seems to have not appreciated for some reason. :?

But at the end of the day, posting the errors and seeing them get fixed is a good process that should help things - pity they couldn't have given some people who can help with that stuff a look at the website before it went live to do the same thing we've done afterwards in this thread, and then we wouldn't have been having this conversation, and focussing more on the issues raised (which is another story for another thread ;-)).

Sorry, but I didn't appreciate it???
What I found frustrating and annoying with you last night was that you kept apologising for bringing up issues with the website when I clearly stated that that is what we wanted to happen. I NEVER said it wasn't appreciated. NEVER did I say that.

Suitman

Post Whore
What I found frustrating and annoying with you last night was that you kept apologising for bringing up issues with the website when I clearly stated that that is what we wanted to happen. I NEVER said it wasn't appreciated. NEVER did I say that.

I've also expressed my frustration with Bart. I never thought a few spelling mistakes were so important.
I've had a reply, but have yet had time to read it.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Bartman fair enough ... after seaking to the guys the website changed from friday to saturday in the look of it, it was different the guy who built it was not comfortable with it and he changed it and new he was going to be under the pump but he is now fixing all the bugs there are, meta data is now in for 95% of the pages, and i think he is going to be using google add word campaign over the next weeks to build up the SEO for the website.

I just went to the eels website to watch the interview with anderson and i had to use my VM ware to watch it and that still took ages to load, i hate the bigpond website, i doesnt focus on the eels enough i do not care about the rest of it, parra tv before was better ...

anyways from what i hear the guy who built the 3P website has a website ready to roll out for the eels website.

fingers crossed they get in ...
Ok, you seem to know a lot more about the background to it than the average joe, so I'll take your word for it all, and I'm glad the suggested changes have been of some use.

bartman

Immortal
Ok, thanks for explaining Hellsy. I was just being polite, because I know how jumpy people have been with any comments on here lately.

I had taken this quote...
I asked you all to do it in post 12, just do it
as being quite abrupt, and to therefore mean that you didn't appreciate it... Looking back now I missed the post you made previous to that about apologising, as the thread was moving quite quickly. The fact that there was no thanks at the end for the efforts people were going to also let me to to that conclusion, but you've cleared all that up now, cheers and sorry for reading it wrong.

bartman

Immortal
Oh the irony ;-) :lol:
Have I or any of my opinions upset you in some way Fishy? At least Hellsy had the decency to explain what problem she was having with me...

I've also expressed my frustration with Bart. I never thought a few spelling mistakes were so important.
I've had a reply, but have yet had time to read it.
Sadly that speaks volumes Suit. And congratulations, you've just given the example of exactly why I felt I needed to apologise while putting forward the changes for the benefit of the website, which annoyed Hellsy... can't win these days. :crazy:

Maybe get back to me when you have had the time to read it and think about the reply to your message, rather than take the time to make this post instead?

fish eel

Immortal
Have I or any of my opinions upset you in some way Fishy? At least Hellsy had the decency to explain what problem she was having with me...

Sadly that speaks volumes Suit. And congratulations, you've just given the example of exactly why I felt I needed to apologise while putting forward the changes for the benefit of the website, which annoyed Hellsy... can't win these days. :crazy:

Maybe get back to me when you have had the time to read it and think about the reply to your message, rather than take the time to make this post instead?

Upset me?

No Bart, certainly not - you havent upset me at all.

I am just a bit bemused by some of your recent postings.

It seemed not that long ago that you were a staunch 3P flag waver, and would jump in and argue their case - particuarly around the time of the meet up earlier this year and the level 3 thread.

In that context, I find your post that I bolded above bemusing. Nothing more, nothing less. You are just coming across a but hyper sensitive IMO about people not sharing/seeing your view ATM.

If you've had a change of heart about the 3P guys recently, thats fine - you're entitled to - but accept that, now that the end game of this election is here, some people might want to engage your opinions. People have different ways of going about it, no need to get hyper sensitive and remember it wasnt so long ago you were one of the people going into bat for 3P and challenging the dissenters/questioners.

Friday night, Sterlos balconey, your shout, we can talk more. ;-)