What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3P Official Website Launched

bartman

Immortal
I am just a bit bemused by some of your recent postings.
Thanks for taking the time to explain, rather than snipe. Fair points and relfections, and you're also entitled to your opinion.

It seemed not that long ago that you were a staunch 3P flag waver, and would jump in and argue their case - particuarly around the time of the meet up earlier this year and the level 3 thread.
I wouldn't have described myself as staunch or a flag waver... I only voted for 4 3P candidates in the FC election after all. But I did think the open meet up was something that was a big step forward in how the club/board(s) interacted with their fans/supporters, and I was genuinely appreciative of the promise that thesey would be regular, before and after the election.

In that context, I find your post that I bolded above bemusing. Nothing more, nothing less. You are just coming across a but hyper sensitive IMO about people not sharing/seeing your view ATM.
You're entitled to your opinion of course. But I don't really need anyone else to share my view or come around to my way of thinking. I actually couldn't care less about that, I just am happy using the forums to express my view - and care a lot about the right for people to express themselves, whatever their personal view and however it might change. I don't think I've stooped to personally attacking or belittling anyone for their point of view and how they express it though, which I think says more about hyper sensitivity?

If you've had a change of heart about the 3P guys recently, thats fine - you're entitled to - but accept that, now that the end game of this election is here, some people might want to engage your opinions. People have different ways of going about it, no need to get hyper sensitive
I'm happy to express and elaborate my opinion on here, and "engage" with anyone if they like. Haven't seen much of that going on lately though I must say, hence the bolded bit of my post that you highlighted. I wouldn't call that hyper sensitive, just expressing my opinion on people's recent conduct on here (deadly silence on some issues mixed with belittling rather than engaging discussion), though I acknowledge that usually when you respond to my posts, you at least acknowledge fair points.

and remember it wasnt so long ago you were one of the people going into bat for 3P and challenging the dissenters/questioners.

Friday night, Sterlos balconey, your shout, we can talk more. ;-)
I think my post #432 expresses how I've felt 3P have changed since January, not sure why and there have been no public answers or further details for a few months now on those two issues, which are/were the most important to me. It's pretty much as simple as that, what you read is what you get - no deep hidden agendas. ;-)

Will be good to finally meet you and chat in person if you'll be around in the club on Friday arvo... and I might even do first shout, so long as you drink Old!

Jodeci

Bench
But I didn't raise a single question about why Bob (or Col) stood down, yet you went off at me for some reason? And claimed you knew who I'd be voting for, and was speaking on behalf of etc etc. You might have put your hand up for going off in a personal manner, but that post doesn't really read like much of an apology. Not a good look if you are posting in that style in 3P's name tbh...

[Personally I can't wait for some of the usually balanced and readable community of posters here to get back to normal after the election, put down their pom-poms and spin-cycles and instead regain their critical eye and discuss things without getting personal, or without over reacting when someone happens to say something that doesn't 100% tow the right party line... ok, that'll do me for my rant on the subject!]

That's a good point, but as Col and Bob (and Terry) were good enough to come on here and post about it, so we should take them at their words. And wish Bob all the best with his health and recovery.

Bartman, I'm not posting for 3P, to be honest with ya I have never attended any of 3P's weekly meetings so to speak. My only interaction was their Mini Gala Event event last night.

Yes I know the team as I have know them for a few years now as well as one member of the current Leagues Club Board. I know what 3P stand for because I've seen it with my own eyes all the issues our great club is going through.

Perhaps u should come along on a trip away for an Eels game and MITS will tell ya that a lot has happened in the last few years that we see happening.

I dont know who r u though like a few of us on this site we hear of the problems management/admin are having and I'm sick and tired of it.

This site is about all Parra Supporters having their say, Not To Bitch about fellow members nor to intrude into someone's decision so to speak for a few people here.

From those who know me, I dont put rubbish nor false information Bartman. I know for a fact what exactly is going on in that place and I can tell u that things are not very rosey at all.

Are we clear champ?

fish eel

Immortal
Thanks for taking the time to explain, rather than snipe. Fair points and relfections, and you're also entitled to your opinion.

I wouldn't have described myself as staunch or a flag waver... I only voted for 4 3P candidates in the FC election after all. But I did think the open meet up was something that was a big step forward in how the club/board(s) interacted with their fans/supporters, and I was genuinely appreciative of the promise that thesey would be regular, before and after the election.

You're entitled to your opinion of course. But I don't really need anyone else to share my view or come around to my way of thinking. I actually couldn't care less about that, I just am happy using the forums to express my view - and care a lot about the right for people to express themselves, whatever their personal view and however it might change. I don't think I've stooped to personally attacking or belittling anyone for their point of view and how they express it though, which I think says more about hyper sensitivity?

I'm happy to express and elaborate my opinion on here, and "engage" with anyone if they like. Haven't seen much of that going on lately though I must say, hence the bolded bit of my post that you highlighted. I wouldn't call that hyper sensitive, just expressing my opinion on people's recent conduct on here (deadly silence on some issues mixed with belittling rather than engaging discussion), though I acknowledge that usually when you respond to my posts, you at least acknowledge fair points.

I think my post #432 expresses how I've felt 3P have changed since January, not sure why and there have been no public answers or further details for a few months now on those two issues, which are/were the most important to me. It's pretty much as simple as that, what you read is what you get - no deep hidden agendas. ;-)

Will be good to finally meet you and chat in person if you'll be around in the club on Friday arvo... and I might even do first shout, so long as you drink Old!

It's all good Bart - just one problem:

Looks like first shout is mine then. :fist:

Old?

You dont hang around the inner west do you? :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Bartman, I'm not posting for 3P, to be honest with ya I have never attended any of 3P's weekly meetings so to speak. My only interaction was their Mini Gala Event event last night.

Yes I know the team as I have know them for a few years now as well as one member of the current Leagues Club Board. I know what 3P stand for because I've seen it with my own eyes all the issues our great club is going through.

Perhaps u should come along on a trip away for an Eels game and MITS will tell ya that a lot has happened in the last few years that we see happening.

I dont know who r u though like a few of us on this site we hear of the problems management/admin are having and I'm sick and tired of it.

This site is about all Parra Supporters having their say, Not To Bitch about fellow members nor to intrude into someone's decision so to speak for a few people here.

From those who know me, I dont put rubbish nor false information Bartman. I know for a fact what exactly is going on in that place and I can tell u that things are not very rosey at all.

Are we clear champ?
We're clear Jodeci, thanks for taking the time to explain where you're coming from... I just still don't know why you chose to have a personal go at me in the other thread (making assumptions and judgements about who I was supporting in the elections when you know nothing about me), instead of just engaging in the discussion on the points that were being raised.

But as I've said there seems to be a lot of it about here lately, so no hard feelings at all. We'll happily have a beer if I ever meet you in person in the club one day. (And sorry Fish if that's too "hyper-sensitive" for you ;-))

bartman

Immortal
It's all good Bart - just one problem:

Looks like first shout is mine then. :fist:

Old?

You dont hang around the inner west do you? :lol:
Best beer in Australia ;-). You have no idea how much I missed it... and thank god for the pubs of the Inner West!

Jodeci

Bench
We're clear Jodeci, thanks for taking the time to explain where you're coming from... I just still don't know why you chose to have a personal go at me in the other thread (making assumptions and judgements about who I was supporting in the elections when you know nothing about me), instead of just engaging in the discussion on the points that were being raised.

But as I've said there seems to be a lot of it about here lately, so no hard feelings at all. We'll happily have a beer if I ever meet you in person in the club one day. (And sorry Fish if that's too "hyper-sensitive" for you ;-))

No worries champ

All Good

KHG

Juniors
Upset me?

No Bart, certainly not - you havent upset me at all.

I am just a bit bemused by some of your recent postings.

It seemed not that long ago that you were a staunch 3P flag waver, and would jump in and argue their case - particuarly around the time of the meet up earlier this year and the level 3 thread.

In that context, I find your post that I bolded above bemusing. Nothing more, nothing less. You are just coming across a but hyper sensitive IMO about people not sharing/seeing your view ATM.

If you've had a change of heart about the 3P guys recently, thats fine - you're entitled to - but accept that, now that the end game of this election is here, some people might want to engage your opinions. People have different ways of going about it, no need to get hyper sensitive and remember it wasnt so long ago you were one of the people going into bat for 3P and challenging the dissenters/questioners.

Friday night, Sterlos balconey, your shout, we can talk more. ;-)

This is my first post so hello to everyone. I always come on this site, nearly every day as a guest to read all the articles in the Parra forums and have enjoyed it for quite some time. I registed to be able to post a couple of weeks ago because the election has really intrigued me. There are a lot of characters on here it seems (I don't mean that in a bad way either so i hope no one takes offence) in the MITS, Fish Eel, Gronk, Suitman etc and it is always interesting reading everyones views so thank you for providing for so much info.

What I did find interesting tonight was the above words written by Fisheel. Can you explain why the sudden change in your stance? It only seems like two or three weeks ago, that it was always yourself and Gronk and MITS asking the questions of 3P? This is not a dump on 3P, it is purely an observation. A lot of people seem to be questioning Bartman's queries lately, but it seems that in fact you have had the biggest role reversal of lately? What took place there??

Anyways, good to finally be on line with you all.

bartman

Immortal
This is my first post so hello to everyone. I always come on this site, nearly every day as a guest to read all the articles in the Parra forums and have enjoyed it for quite some time. I registed to be able to post a couple of weeks ago because the election has really intrigued me. There are a lot of characters on here it seems (I don't mean that in a bad way either so i hope no one takes offence) in the MITS, Fish Eel, Gronk, Suitman etc and it is always interesting reading everyones views so thank you for providing for so much info.
Welcome KHG. :thumn Enjoy the madness :crazy:.

One thing that its good for all of us - including myself? - to keep in mind reading the banter on here is that there's usually nothing too bitchy behind comments that may appear quite bitchy on the screen to anyone new reading....

Sometimes when we are all being over-serious, using emoticons :eek: and having a laugh :lol: can help!

fish eel

Immortal
Hey, I've never been pro the incumbants, always been more 3P inclined, I just asked some questions, thats all. :cool:

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Hey all,

If this has been mentioned, excuse the post.

I just went to the 3p website and notice they updated 3P TV.

I found the videos very inspiring.

Feel free to check them out.

www.parra3p.com

strider

Post Whore
i assume cos 3P only really existed for the election ... its just board members now .... i believe that was always the plan

eel4life

Juniors
No Champ the site served it's purpose and it is no longer needed and when needed again it will become live again.

The actual Report is not propaganda as you put it, but it is information to why they did things for every member of the leagues club.