What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Ashes Test: Australia v England @ MCG Dec 26-30, 2021

2 weeks

Coach
Davey Warner 4/10, threw a start away.
Marcus Harris 6/10, hugs all round as the special Ed kid finally played and missed his way to 70 odd
Marnus Labuschagne 2/10 a rare failure
Steve Smith 3/10 superpowers might be waning
Travis Head 3/10 fielded
Cam Green 5/10 bowling improves batting not so much
Alex Carey 3/10 needs to take control of his zone (not sure what that means but it sounds like wisdom that my mate Hayden would say)
Mitchell Starc 8/10 back to his best. Suck a schlong Warnie
Patrick Cummins 8/10 set the tune & made us all swoon
Nathan Lyon 5/10 Not his pitch. Still bald
Scott Boland 9/10 lankey, gangly looking f**ker bowled pretty bloody well as predicted by all

Billy Slater man of the match

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hameed averages 32 and Crawley averages 31...not in tests, but just at 1st class level. Blokes like that should be getting DROPPED by their county teams, not be anywhere near contention for a test squad.

I love beating the Poms as much as anyone. But I don't want to be looking forward to an Ashes for 2 years and for it to be a joke like this. The best series in living memory have been the classic competitive ones that people will remember their whole lives like 2005. Plus 2009, 2015 and 2019 to a lesser extent. This series? Even Ashes get boring when their bats collapse over and over and over again.

England, please find 6 blokes who can average 40 at test level before the next Ashes

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hameed averages 32 and Crawley averages 31...not in tests, but just at 1st class level. Blokes like that should be getting DROPPED by their county teams, not be anywhere near contention for a test squad.

I love beating the Poms as much as anyone. But I don't want to be looking forward to an Ashes for 2 years and for it to be a joke like this. The best series in living memory have been the classic competitive ones that people will remember their whole lives like 2005. Plus 2009, 2015 and 2019 to a lesser extent. This series? Even Ashes get boring when their bats collapse over and over and over again.

England, please find 6 blokes who can average 40 at test level before the next Ashes
England will be better at home. Our batsman aren't good enough to score 400 plus in English conditions consistently.

Should still win though hopefully covid settles down and can go over i loved being over there in 2019 great place to watch cricket

jargan83

Coach
All jokes aside that is hands down one of the most gutless cricketing performances I've ever seen....and I once scored 37* in a total of 48

I once played in a game where we got rolled for 22 chasing 290 odd, I was 11* at the end and it was still a better performance than what England rolled out today.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The state of English cricket. Their best bowler is nearly 40. They have just one above average test batsman. They don't have anything close to a test standard spinner. They're picking blokes who average 30 odd with the bat in County cricket because the depth is that thin.

If Anderson just announced his retirement and jumped on a plane home I'd not blame him

Latest posts