What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v England at SCG on Jan 21, 2018

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, definitely didn't feast on a bowling attack with no confidence running on empty. Good knock, but some of that bowling was pretty woeful

He also knocked them around when they were bowling well though. At a time when no other merkin was staying in and they were 5/150 or whatever he hit a run a ball fifty. He earned the right to paste blokes at the end

Hutty1986

Immortal
He also knocked them around when they were bowling well though. At a time when no other merkin was staying in and they were 5/150 or whatever he hit a run a ball fifty. He earned the right to paste blokes at the end
Starc got a bag last game but geez him and Cummins are a concern atm. Hell of a long summer but seems a long time ago Starc was ripping sides apart on a regular basis

ANTiLAG

First Grade
He "keeps doing" these fifties? It's his third in 70 ODIs and they've been spread over two years you pelican

No. His first 50 was in June 2016. And he's batted less than 17 times since and including then.

You seem rather angry and unpleasant still. Are you okay?

He's also averaging over 40 in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Starc got a bag last game but geez him and Cummins are a concern atm. Hell of a long summer but seems a long time ago Starc was ripping sides apart on a regular basis

Starc is a lot like Bing Lee. Cummins is too to an extent. Strike bowlers can go for plenty if someone gets into them because they bowl full and short more than a Hazelwood type does. And Buttler loves the quicks, the faster the better.

I also think our field settings have been poor and some of the tactics with the ball have been strange at best.

Bazal

Post Whore
No. His first 50 was in June 2016. And he's batted less than 20 times since then.

You seem rather angry and unpleasant still. Are you okay?

I've just won five in a row and taken top spot on the ladder, I'm certainly not angry.

I just think you're a pelican

Vozzy

Juniors
Australia is all boundaries and dot balls. England showed for 45 overs you just need to knock it around for 1s and 2s with the odd boundary it's like they try to run this down in 30 overs.

Bazal

Post Whore
Australia is all boundaries and dot balls. England showed for 45 overs you just need to knock it around for 1s and 2s with the odd boundary it's like they try to run this down in 30 overs.

Yep. We don't play smart cricket. Find the gaps or go over the field in the power play, run hard in the middle overs and keep wickets in hand for a late assault in the last fifteen or so.

Big scores aren't made up front, they're made at the death. But you can ensure you make a small score by failing up front

TheParraboy

Staff member
Our series depends on two Victorians at the crease

One of these will get a big ton, and I think it will be White

2 weeks

Coach
Old mate singing about our Odi side.

LQYtNdoqUIdMaAq1ZlCKYNO2toJuiWKPQMccbVGYwTzoP2xhe9s5_N_xoBf5yWM4jRD_Osu9Cj8buf8xhY_yNstFHPFy5zFQUYOTupvbowgzsA=w442-h333-nc