What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd T20: Australia v Sri Lanka @ Manuka Oval Feb 15, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
Onto the nations capital for one T20 match tomorrow

Be lovely if the series decided right here, before dead rubbers played at the home of sport

Who comes in for Smith? Henriques and Head are in the squad

Smith out for the rest of series

TheParraboy

Staff member
Looks like Henriques possibly Smiths replacement

SL huge chance if Haze/Cummins rested and Mendis back for them

Team news​

Australia will likely make two changes with Smith needing to be replaced, and one of Hazlewood or Cummins set for a rest. Moises Henriques is the obvious replacement for Smith in the middle order, and would slot straight into his exact role. Starc was rested in the second T20I, although his recent T20I form hasn't been great. Jhye Richardson is next cab off the rank as far as the quicks are concerned if they want to experiment with a different new-ball bowler.

Australia (possible): 1 Aaron Finch (capt), 2 Ben McDermott, 3 Josh Inglis, 4 Glenn Maxwell, 5 Moises Henriques, 6 Marcus Stoinis, 7 Matthew Wade (wk), 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Kane Richardson, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazelwood

TheParraboy

Staff member
Finch won toss and we are fielding

Sams in for Smith? Didnt realise Sams was in the squad 🧐

Australia: Aaron Finch (c), Ben McDermott, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Daniel Sams, Ashton Agar, Mitch Starc, Kane Richardson, Josh Hazlewood

Sri Lanka: Danushka Gunathilaka, Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal (wk), Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Jeffrey Vandersay, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Nuwan Thushara

Bazal

Post Whore
CA app says baldy Ashton opening the batting??

What a treat for the Manuka crowd

Tigers1986

Juniors
I hope we sweep here so there's zero to play for in the stain of the country in Melbourne. Warne can cry into his St Kilda latte about it.

I find it laughable they couldn't believe Tim David made 1.5 at the IPL auction yet Finch wasn't getting a bite - probably because he's so horribly out of form you'd be paying overs for 50k

Eelectrica

Referee
Big captains knock coming up from Finchy. Going to be not out, guiding us home chasing this tricky low total.

Sri Lankans will be so screwed if the Captain and Admiral are out there at the same time

TheParraboy

Staff member
Trying to work out the logic of opening with Agar

Been watching Vikings a bit, so am thinking we are offering a sacrifice to the gods? It’s as good a logic as anything else

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I hope we sweep here so there's zero to play for in the stain of the country in Melbourne. Warne can cry into his St Kilda latte about it.

I find it laughable they couldn't believe Tim David made 1.5 at the IPL auction yet Finch wasn't getting a bite - probably because he's so horribly out of form you'd be paying overs for 50k

says more about our selectors than Faty finch