What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v India at SCG Jan 7-11 2021

TheParraboy

Staff member
Errry feeling 3rd test might be at the MCG, use a strip next to the one used for 2nd test. Announcement within 48hrs. Hopefully SCG good to go

Aussies couple of changes I’d imagine?

Need to sort out our batting is a given. To be flogged at training on catching drills

Burns has to go, no question. I’d also drop Head. He’s only ever really killed it against Sri Lanka.

Talk is Pucovski is fit, and Warner looks like he’ll be ready. The test is still 9 days away and he’s already batting freely in the nets.

I just couldn’t open with Pucovski, though. Too much pressure. Let him ease in and open when the time is right.

Warner
Wade
Labs
Smith
Green
Pucovski
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Maybe Swepson is a small chance if it’s at the SCG.

mave

Coach
Puck has more mush in his head than Boyd Cordner.

He is virtually unpickable at this stage, for his own good.
Much like Brad Parker, now that I think about it.

JJ

Immortal
Errry feeling 3rd test might be at the MCG, use a strip next to the one used for 2nd test. Announcement within 48hrs. Hopefully SCG good to go

Aussies couple of changes I’d imagine?

Need to sort out our batting is a given. To be flogged at training on catching drills
Wonder about changes, tbh aside from India imploding the tests were relatively similar... Langer clearly has his favourites...

Incorrect

Coach
He’s passed the fitness test, gotta trust the docs.
A bit like Boyd Corner or a Jake Friend, Puk can't be far away from being medically retired surely. I didn't realise his history until I read an article the other week, he's already suffered 6 or 7 and at his age, that's pretty bad. For 2 reasons, the concussions mainly, but also, it means he isn't watching the ball which seems ludicrous given his junior and burgeoning 1st class record. But he will be targeted when he joins the big boys and he's got a weakness there...

mave

Coach
A bit like Boyd Corner or a Jake Friend, Puk can't be far away from being medically retired surely. I didn't realise his history until I read an article the other week, he's already suffered 6 or 7 and at his age, that's pretty bad. For 2 reasons, the concussions mainly, but also, it means he isn't watching the ball which seems ludicrous given his junior and burgeoning 1st class record. But he will be targeted when he joins the big boys and he's got a weakness there...

3rd reason is that if he gets hit again, let's say in the first innings, then he will invariably have to retire hurt, and then we also bat with 10 for the second innings.

He is borderline un-pickable, despite his obvious talent.

It’s not great, but honestly it’s his health not mine. If the doctors say it’s okay, and think he’s right to make the decision as well, then I say go for it. Most important thing is he has all the relevant information to make an informed decision.

3rd reason is that if he gets hit again, let's say in the first innings, then he will invariably have to retire hurt, and then we also bat with 10 for the second innings.

Nup, not anymore. New rules across all levels of cricket allow for a concussion replacement.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Players injured with concussion can be subbed out, like Steve Smith getting sconed which brought in Labuschagne to bat in the 2nd innings.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just bought 2 tickets to Day 1 at the SCG.
Day 3 (Jane McGrath Day) sold out already. Gotta get in quick with reduced capacity.

Where abouts you sitting mate?

Sunday 10/1 my only chance of going, 4th day. Way our batting is going. not sure I want to commit to only one session of test cricket and indian fans celebrating :p

TIGER14

Bench
Where abouts you sitting mate?

Sunday 10/1 my only chance of going, 4th day. Way our batting is going. not sure I want to commit to only one session of test cricket and indian fans celebrating :p

Bay 12. Yeah I wouldn't be keen on buying tickets for Day 4 either.

TheParraboy

Staff member
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/cov...hird-test-location-australia-india/2020-12-29

29scggeneralview.ashx

Sydney will host the third Vodafone Test against India as scheduled, after Cricket Australia officials deemed the threat of a COVID19 outbreak in the city had subsided enough to allow the match to proceed.

An outbreak of coronavirus in Sydney's northern beaches before Christmas had put CA officials on high alert, and the Melbourne Cricket Ground was placed on standby to potentially host back-to-back Test matches.

The MCG had not hosted two Tests in a summer since December 1981, but the ground – where Australia lost this summer's Boxing Day Test by eight wickets – will now instead turn its attention to a glut of KFC BBL matches in January.

Complicating the hosting decision was the closure of the Queensland border to anyone coming from the greater Sydney area, putting events, broadcast and media contingents in limbo, as well as the Australia and India players.

Nick Hockley, Cricket Australia’s Interim CEO, said that health advice from the NSW Government and collaboration with both the NSW and Queensland Governments helped make the decision.

"Despite the many challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, I am delighted to say Cricket Australia remains on track to deliver the men's international series as scheduled," Hockley said.

"We have met regularly over the past week to assess the unfolding public health situation in Sydney and gauge its impact on border restrictions around the country. To date, we have been able to deliver a safe and successful summer thanks to our detailed biosecurity protocols and the amazing work of so many great people behind the scenes.

"To that end, we have made the decision to keep the New Year's Test at the SCG, which has a wonderful recent history of hosting the Pink Test and Jane McGrath Day on the third day of play.

Latest posts