What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v South Africa at Adelaide on Nov 24-28, 2016

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wouldn't make any changes here

Possibly look to rest Starc and Hazlewood for the rest of the summer and indian tour, get them rested up for the home ashes next year

Bring in youngsters Boland and Tremain

There you have it, series ends up 1-2

JJ

Immortal
They won't drop the goat, he will end his career on his terms

Timbo

Staff member
Cricinfo's 'possible' side see's Voges, Nevill, Mennie, Marsh and Lyon making way for Patterson, Wade, Bird, Sayers and O'Keefe.

Please not Wade. Anything but that.

Iafeta

Referee
I wouldn't make any changes here

Possibly look to rest Starc and Hazlewood for the rest of the summer and indian tour, get them rested up for the home ashes next year

Bring in youngsters Boland and Tremain

There you have it, series ends up 1-2

Steve Smith looks tired too. Rest him up bring in Alex Doolan. Im channelling my inner Rodney Marsh to pick him because he has a slightly better throwing arm than the others in line.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've had it with Burns, his technique is not up too it. Actually his technique looks worse then it did when he first arrived 2 years ago. It says plenty about the set up, all these coaches around the team but yet the basics are continually left wanting.

undertaker

Coach
I've had it with Burns, his technique is not up too it. Actually his technique looks worse then it did when he first arrived 2 years ago. It says plenty about the set up, all these coaches around the team but yet the basics are continually left wanting.

Unfortunately, like with the late Phil Hughes, CA has also stuffed around with Burns development. Burns played well in the two tests he was given vs India and showed a lot of potential, but the selectors screwed up (which they acknowledged, albeit too late) picking a combined West Indies/Ashes tour squad last year, hence Voges then made his debut and got the nod over Burns in the squad due to his experience in county cricket. That's 7 test matches + experience playing tour matches in English conditions that Burns missed out on in favour of blooding a 35 year old who CA were only going to get 2-3 years max. out of, all in favour of a quick Ashes success at the expense of long-term player development. 4 of the 5 test centuries by Voges have been against sub-standard NZ and West Indian sides; the only century that was of notable mention that I will give him credit for was his 130* on debut, batting on a rank-turner at Dominica where the next highest score in his team was 39.

On the topic of this day/night test in Adelaide, if the pitch is reminiscent of last year's with just a mild tinge of green on it, Australia is going to struggle against Philander and Rabada (especially if they have to bat in the night session), and the possibility of experiencing their first ever clean-sweep defeat in a home 3-test series.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unless Burns makes a conscious effort to fix his technique, there is no point persevering with him as nothing will change and everyone knows where to attack him

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Cricinfo's 'possible' side see's Voges, Nevill, Mennie, Marsh and Lyon making way for Patterson, Wade, Bird, Sayers and O'Keefe.

Please not Wade. Anything but that.

Australia has never been thrashed this badly when Matt Wade has been in the team FACTS

Matt Wade > Peter Thrashed

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Neville hasn't been too bad, just made a 50 and held the tail together, we need a keeper who can actually keep

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The fact that Scissorhands is talking himself up (as well as his shit victorian team mates) as returning to the test side is enough of a reason to keep him well away from the team.

The bloke can't keep, is selfish with the bat and one of the biggest wankers in cricket.

Latest posts