What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v Sri Lanka at Sydney Jan 3 - 7, 2013

IanG

Coach
For discussion on the 3rd and final tes of the series and summer.

Hope it lasts longer than the one just completed. I'm planning to be at Day 3 and 4 of this test. At that rate my brother and I would probably be spending more time sight seeing.

unbreaK

Juniors
Rotate Lyon, rest Watson, bring in Maxwell and Starc, easy win.

1) Warner
2) Cowan
3) Hughes
4) Clarke
5) M.Hussey
6) Maxwell
7) Wade
8) Johnson
9) Starc
10) Siddle
11) Bird

12) Lyon

DC_fan

Coach
Anyone wanting to see play in this match better have tickets for the first two days or you ain't going to see much if any cricket.

CA must be wondering what they can do to get this game to be played for the full five days. I suppose if it rains a fair bit we might make it through to day 5.

As for C.9 they must be searching the old movie vaults for some classics to put on. This certainly wont be a classic test match.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The Lankans are gunna struggle to get an XI together for Sydney..

Karunaratne
Dilshan
?????...Kamahl??
Mahela
Samaraweera
Mathews
????????..How does Guy Sebastian go with the gloves??..
Prasad
Herath
Eranga
????????..That guy Sukumaran from the Bali 9 is Sri Lankan..

Red Bear

Referee
Australia's 13-man 3rd Test squad: Clarke, Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Hussey, Khawaja, Maxwell, Wade, Lyon, Siddle, Johnson, Bird, Starc

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maxwell ?

he's supposed to be an all rounder but he cant bat or bowl

Red Bear

Referee
Doesnt have a terrible f/c record. I dont rate him that highly though. But they're looking for a second spinner for India Im guessing.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I believe that Australia will play 3 pacemen and 1 spinner in India and the second spinner will only get a look in if (when) Lyon gets tonked around the joint. If maxwell is the answer than the question must have been 'whose the worst spinner left in Australia'.

This could be a blessing for SL. Chandimal should come in and he is full of promise. There are about 20 members of their team in their 30s. Time for new blood.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I rate Glenn Maxwell very highly but he won't play in this test.

So who would we rather replace Watto. Maxwell or Khawaja? I'd have to go with Maxwell as an all rounder like for like replacement but I certainly wouldn't be upset if Khawaja is given a go.

undertaker

Coach
I've been reading that this maybe Bill Lawry's last match in the commentary box and Tony Greig's return from surgery on lung cancer. If that's the case, it will be good to see the two of them sparring against each other for one last time.

undertaker

Coach
Rotate Lyon, rest Watson, bring in Maxwell and Starc, easy win.

1) Warner
2) Cowan
3) Hughes
4) Clarke
5) M.Hussey
6) Maxwell
7) Wade
8) Johnson
9) Starc
10) Siddle
11) Bird

12) Lyon

I know this idea may seem very far-fetched, but would it be worth playing 5 frontline bowlers just as an experiment, now that we've won the series? The last time we did this was in Bangladesh in 2006 and if I was a selector, I wouldn't mind giving it a go (especially at the SCG, if the pitch looks like offering the bowlers a bit):

1) Warner
2) Cowan or Hughes
3) Clarke
4) Watson
5) Hussey
6) Wade
7) Johnson
8) Starc
9) Siddle
10) Lyon
11) Bird

12) Khawaja

undertaker

Coach
For discussion on the 3rd and final tes of the series and summer.

Hope it lasts longer than the one just completed. I'm planning to be at Day 3 and 4 of this test. At that rate my brother and I would probably be spending more time sight seeing.

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the first three days. So, Day 4 would be the earliest and given the way the Sri Lankan's meekly surrendered during the Boxing Day test, it wouldn't surprise me if this test also finishes within 3 days. May save up my money for the Ashes test next year instead

Hallatia

Referee
The Lankans are gunna struggle to get an XI together for Sydney..

Karunaratne
Dilshan
?????...Kamahl??
Mahela
Samaraweera
Mathews
????????..How does Guy Sebastian go with the gloves??..
Prasad
Herath
Eranga
????????..That guy Sukumaran from the Bali 9 is Sri Lankan..
all these injuries and still no place for Chandimal? Could also beg Malinga to play the match I suppose

I'm still deciding about attending this game. I don't have an income at the moment, and this match doesn't really seem worth paying the gate entry for in my current situation. If Malinga plays, I am there all 5 days (or 4 or 3 or whatever the case may be)