What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd test Australia vs England @ Perth - WACA

hineyrulz

Post Whore
borat said:
I reckon he will play both tests because he performed well at the MCG last year and they will want to play MacGill in Sydney. Can't see many changes at all cause I reckon this team want to record an ashes whitewash which I don't think the current crop have done before.
Why should the selectors reward mediocrity for the sake of a few over that symonds will bowl. he had his chance to batten down his spot in the first innings and he blew it, terrible shot. Micheal clarke didn't even get a bowl this match. i'd much prefer Cam white as an all rounder than Symonds.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I am struggling to see how Macgill can play, unless you drop Lee (well that isn't such a bad thing). But Macgill is in terrible form. They need to blood a new guy at 6. He can't possibly do any worse than Symonds did in this test match.

borat

Bench
hineyrulz said:
symonds only bowled 13 overs for the whole game. he only bowled 9 yesterday and we bowled all day. yes it would be great to have an All rounder in the side,but unfortunatley Symonds isn't that man.

The point is that his bowling is only required when we are getting towelled or need a change which he was successful at, plus can bowl spin or mdeium pace dependent on the state of the pitch.

IMO moving an allrounder into the team as a permanent fixture is about planning for the retirements of warne & McGrath. In that Warne and McGrath are so good that they can carry a 4 man attack but when they retire and we have Johnson and Hauritz:)lol: like that would happen) we will need a 5th option bowler.

Symonds batting is not up scratch and we are unlikely to see a test ton in the next 2, but the only other available options are untried and we are better easing them in the team against different opposition.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Macgilla has been in dreadfull form of late i think he picked up 0 for 150 in the last pura cup match.

borat

Bench
hineyrulz said:
Why should the selectors reward mediocrity for the sake of a few over that symonds will bowl. he had his chance to batten down his spot in the first innings and he blew it, terrible shot. Micheal clarke didn't even get a bowl this match. i'd much prefer Cam white as an all rounder than Symonds.

Cameron White's bowling would get carved up at test level. Its hardly up to scratch at domestic level. He is however a very good batsman.

Symonds has test experience and has been a fixture in the one day side, he knows his team mates well and they know him. I still beleive he is the best option for the team right now. For granted if he doesn't post some decent scores in these two test he won't be there come next summer but for the moment he is the best option. I don't want the selectors to experiment, I want the team to go for the throat and humilate the English so they nevcer forget it. This is a good English team who will be around for a while and we now have an opportunity to inflict some serious scars.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I hope he fails and then we don't see him ever again in a test match. He is a a slooger that is a test match dud.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
borat said:
The point is that his bowling is only required when we are getting towelled or need a change which he was successful at, plus can bowl spin or mdeium pace dependent on the state of the pitch.

IMO moving an allrounder into the team as a permanent fixture is about planning for the retirements of warne & McGrath. In that Warne and McGrath are so good that they can carry a 4 man attack but when they retire and we have Johnson and Hauritz:)lol: like that would happen) we will need a 5th option bowler.

Symonds batting is not up scratch and we are unlikely to see a test ton in the next 2, but the only other available options are untried and we are better easing them in the team against different opposition.
so by your logic we should carry Symonds at six, just in case the opposistion get on top and we need some one to bowl a few overs. Can't wait till Moises Henriques is good enough for test cricket.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the boys certainly celebrated big time on the ground, they're probably still partying in th change rooms as this has become their tradition

apparently they we in there till 3 AM after the first test

borat

Bench
hineyrulz said:
so by your logic we should carry Symonds at six, just in case the opposistion get on top and we need some one to bowl a few overs. Can't wait till Moises Henriques is good enough for test cricket.

Yes I do.

For the reason that he looks surplus to our requirements when we are killing it but thats not always the case, last Ashes series and English 1st innings in Adelaide. When the opposition does get ontop of our bowlers we look ordinary and with only 4 in the team no one is fresh. None of Clarke, Hussey & Ponting can bowl anymore than 4 overs without being buried and never look like taking a wicket. Roy can take wickets.

He may not be setting the world on fire batting wise but he is a far better option than playing an outright 5th bowler.

If Moises Henriques can become the No 1 allrounder in the country then I would love to have him in the side.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
borat said:
Yes I do.

For the reason that he looks surplus to our requirements when we are killing it but thats not always the case, last Ashes series and English 1st innings in Adelaide. When the opposition does get ontop of our bowlers we look ordinary and with only 4 in the team no one is fresh. None of Clarke, Hussey & Ponting can bowl anymore than 4 overs without being buried and never look like taking a wicket. Roy can take wickets.

He may not be setting the world on fire batting wise but he is a far better option than playing an outright 5th bowler.

If Moises Henriques can become the No 1 allrounder in the country then I would love to have him in the side.
Fair enough, i can see where you are coming from as Warney and Mcgrath aren't getting younger. but warney was still overbowled on the 4th day, and symonds only bowled 9 overs.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I reckon it is time to give a young fella a go.

That said, I fully expect to see Symonds.

aussies1st

Staff member
Not surprised by that at all. There will be some changes when we next play a test series though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yep couldn't see that one coming :roll: the selectors don't want to make the hard decisions, but they'll have to soon enough.