What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: England v New Zealand @ Leeds Jun 23-27, 2022

edabomb

First Grade
Yeah, the selections have been atrocious, leaving out Wagner for Patel and Henry, then leaving out Patel for Bracewell.
We have had our chances, but those selections have been critical imo
Too bad there seems to be zero accountability.

JJ

Immortal
I stand by it. Your little hero thinks he can reinvent cricket by telling his players to slog. It's paying off at the moment but long term? I don't think so.

I know you think he invented cricket....
I'm not a huge fan tbh, you got Vetorri he and Flem are the better options - I think he can have a short-term effect, but it isn't sustainable - sadly for us, we tour England right when they are in the honeymoon period - but I maintain we cost ourselves this series at the selection meetings

Scott

Bench
I'm not a huge fan tbh, you got Vetorri he and Flem are the better options - I think he can have a short-term effect, but it isn't sustainable - sadly for us, we tour England right when they are in the honeymoon period - but I maintain we cost ourselves this series at the selection meetings
This test we effectively have 3 bowlers. Who is responsible for that call? Criminal!!!

JJ

Immortal
This test we effectively have 3 bowlers. Who is responsible for that call? Criminal!!!
There's a level of smugness about the selections and the new found depth that I am uncomfortable with

I like Matt Henry, but he should only play a test is one of the front 4 is injured, leaving out Wagner is literally insane

Bracewell I just don't get - a journeyman domestic bat who they've suddenly elevated at some sort of all rounder - Neesham still offers much more with both the bat and ball, but with Mitchell securing a top 6 position, Blundell at 7 and Jamieson out, on a dry wicket how the f**k does Patel not play??

Bazal

Post Whore
It's a little curious how we have no problems claiming this wicket, but it's considered poor etiquette for the batsmen to take a run when this happens.

To be fair I dunno if many people have an issue taking a run when the ball hits the non striker in that situation. I sure don't anyway.

JJ

Immortal
and on the selection smugness, the dumb f**ks were planning on leaving Boult out of test 1...

We get so few tests if I was Boult or Wagner I'd be furious if they contemplated leaving me out, just because... Williamson debuted two years before Bairstow and they've played very similar number of tests, and one of the two hasn't been a continual selection

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol Broad the coward. Only has a go when they're on the front foot and it makes him look good

edabomb

First Grade
Latham in the runs now he's completely certain the stakes are about as high as the Tigers vs Bulldogs in August.

2 tests at home against Sri Lanka next summer. He'll probably churn out a 500 in that series to get his average in the mid-40s before we play the big 3 + SA again.

Reactions: JJ