What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: England v New Zealand @ Leeds Jun 23-27, 2022

edabomb

First Grade
10 for the match- very sad.

Meanwhile our captain shows more faith in a back up first class spinner than he does in a front line test spinner. Chosen for his batting but contributed 22 runs over 2 innings as he's simply not a test level batter. Bizarre - clean sweep well deserved.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Poms are flying high on confidence and for that Baz Mac deserves full credit, he's given a bit of spice to the poms. But I think they've only papered over the cracks, this is a team that 1 out of 17 tests and we're humiliated in Australia with the same line up.

The kiwis deserved their time as world's best team including the world champion title. They were easily the most consistent side going around and Kane's form and the standard of pace bowling got them to the top.

But Kane has been injured and hasn’t scored a 50 for12 months. And i don't think that elbow is getting better any time soon. Taylor is a huge loss, although his form had declined he was still an experienced campaigner and team man. The bowling is still strong but like a lot of teams very dependent on conditions.

Anyway, good series to watch. Especially seeing Jack Leach taking wickets 🤣🤣🤣

JJ

Immortal
Poms are flying high on confidence and for that Baz Mac deserves full credit, he's given a bit of spice to the poms. But I think they've only papered over the cracks, this is a team that 1 out of 17 tests and we're humiliated in Australia with the same line up.

The kiwis deserved their time as world's best team including the world champion title. They were easily the most consistent side going around and Kane's form and the standard of pace bowling got them to the top.

But Kane has been injured and hasn’t scored a 50 for12 months. And i don't think that elbow is getting better any time soon. Taylor is a huge loss, although his form had declined he was still an experienced campaigner and team man. The bowling is still strong but like a lot of teams very dependent on conditions.

Anyway, good series to watch. Especially seeing Jack Leach taking wickets 🤣🤣🤣
Yep, on all of that - Leach took mainly lower order players, but it does highlight the selection of a mediocre top order bat with a first class bowling average of 50 to be a #1 spinner, they'd have been better off with Santner - the bowling selections cost us...

that said, we had our chances, and faltered over and over - Williamson worries me, the injury at least - we produce so few batsmen of that calibre - in my lifetime (and one is someone I never saw) we've only had Turner, Crowe and Williamson -(Taylor was a notch below imo), and Turner hardly played for us in his prime, Crowe had to retire young with a chronic knee issue, and I dread to think that Williamson might be heading in that direction. I think everyone thought we could replace Taylor and Watling with Conway and Blundell - in both cases that has happened - although not at the same time, Conway was terrific and Blundell rubbish, and in this series the opposite has been the case...

Anyway, very disappointing overall result, but an enthralling series - well done England, and Baz's smugness with be other worldly now

Latest posts